Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 45,961 to 45,980 of 46,343

JaxonH

Just got this Luigi’s Mansion 3 steelbook in the mail, imported from Europe where it was exclusive to GAME in the UK. Glow in the dark. Oddly, Amazon Germany put it up for sale separately for $15 with global shipping. So I jumped on that with the quickness.

Untitled

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
NS: Pokemon Sword, The Witcher 3, Luigis Mansion 3, DQXIS
X1X: Star Wars: Jedi Fallen Order

MOST EXCITED FOR
NS: Metroid Prime 4, Zelda BotW 2, Xenoblade, Trials of Mana, Bayonetta 3
PS4: FFVII Remake
X1: Cyberpunk 2077

Jesus is Lord.

Star-Lord

I plan to buy Switch and saw on website that Currys / PC World offer new Switch with Pokemon Sword or Shield just for £279 😮 or we will have better deals on 29th? 🤔

Star-Lord

DenDen

@JaxonH looks amazing!

Now playing
Switch : Little Dragon Café, Gleaner Heights, my friend Pedro

Switch Friend Code: Sw-2926-4689-1966 | My Nintendo: DenDen

Zuljaras

@JaxonH Does the 15$ global shipping works to import from US as well? I am trying to find a way to import US games to Europe but the cost is 40$ and above. The only exception is Limited Run Games.

Zuljaras

gcunit

@Star-Lord You've already missed a better deal - Very.co.uk were doing Switch v2 for £259.99, but with £50 off for new accounts = £209.99.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

JaxonH

@Zuljaras
That was the cost of the steelbook, not the shipping. I just meant they offered global shipping rather than only to people in Germany.

When I import from Amazon Japan and any Amazon in Europe, it’s incredibly cheap. I’d say, typically I pay around $8-15 shipping. And the cost of the item usually drops in checkout because the VAT tax doesn’t apply to me, or whatever tax is for people in that country.

I don’t know why importing from Amazon US would be any different than the other Amazons. Might want to research that.

PLAYING

MOST EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

Grumblevolcano

Subscription services in Nintendo games sure are spreading fast...

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Zuljaras

@JaxonH I will check if amazon.com calculates shipping to my country and if I have to pay customs because the customs is the troubling part. They might hold my item and tell me to pay a tax usually around 40$. And I want to avoid that

Zuljaras

JaxonH

@Zuljaras
Yikes. I’ve got some friends in UK and Italy who I’ve shipped to because they said the same thing. They’d get dinged on customs. Kinda sucks. Makes me feel blessed that I can import from anywhere in the world and not only do I not pay customs taxes, I actually get a 20% discount because I don’t have to pay the local VAT or whatever.

There’s always those shipping forwarding services you could look into. I used to use Tenso for Japan imports back when Amiibo was all the rage and Amazon JP would block purchases outside of Japan. You’re going to pay a little extra but, maybe it turns out to be less than what you would pay with customs taxes. I have no idea who to recommend for a shipping forwarding service from the US but I’m sure you could Google it

edit
I just can’t get enough of Trials Rising. This is the game I have come back to the most this generation. I beat it all the way through on Switch (except Inferno V and the Ninja tracks) then unlocked everything all over again on my Lite, since cloud saves aren’t supported ( thankfully your user profile still carries over so the level requirements had already been met and I just had to beat Stadiums to unlock all the leagues), and now I’m playing it through a third time on the Xbox One X. I wanted to have all the tracks available on a system where I could use analog triggers. And the game looks better too, though not as much is you would expect. Now that I’ve played both I can say that Switch is a perfectly viable option. But if you’re going for competitive leaderboards the analog triggers do make sticking sharp incline landings a bit easier. I did manage to do it all on Switch with the analog stick. But the triggers are definitely preferable

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING

MOST EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

klingki

I live in South Korea and frequently order stuff from both Amazon US and Amazon JP. Shipping is usually around $5 to $8, and there are no import fees as long as my total order price is below approximately $150. The import fees thing is just South Korea's law I think, so those amounts might vary for other countries, but I think the shipping cost is universal. As long as you're ordering from Amazon directly (or from a seller that is fulfilled by Amazon), it will be shipped using Amazon's Global Shipping program, and it will be cheap. Though of course you'll see the shipping costs before you finalize your order, so always double check before submitting.

The major drag for me is that about 3 months ago, Amazon US stopped allowing most Nintendo-published Switch games to be shipped to Korea. I'm not sure why, when I contacted Amazon about it, they said it could either be a change in Korea's laws, or it could be Nintendo blocking it. Since third-party games can still ship here fine, I'm gonna point the finger at Nintendo. I hope they stop this limitation soon. I managed to get Dragon Quest Builders 2 and Astral Chain, but there are so many more games on my wishlist, and I am missing out on Black Friday sales on them.

klingki

Grumblevolcano

In 25 hours we will know the Game Awards nominees.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

Who was looking at joining the 1TB card club? I can’t remember.

It’s down to $300 which is still a ridiculous sum but, $130 cheaper than MSRP. Cheaper than I got mine for at $330.

1TB Micro SD $299

PLAYING

MOST EXCITED FOR

Jesus is Lord.

NintendoByNature

@JaxonH can't afford that big daddy but I did check out a 256 and 400gb. 256 lexar is only $31 and the 400 is about $50. Might wait to see what's up for black Friday though.

NintendoByNature

Magician

NintendoByNature wrote:

@Grumblevolcano nice, I'm excited to see what gets nominated on the Nintendo front

I figure Smash Bros. Ultimate is a shoe-in for Best Fighting Game. Everything else Nintendo has released these past twelve months has been an 8/10. Fire Emblem: TH may get a nomination for Best Strategy game, but Sega's Total War series usually dominates that category. Astral Chain? I'd say a Best Art Direction nomination is a given.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 480 games (as of December 7th, 2019)
Currently playing: Dragon Quest XI (Switch) Trails of Cold Steel (PS Vita)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

IceClimbers

Was there a "Best DLC Expansion" category last year? If there's one this year I could see the Fighters Pass getting a nomination.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

NintendoByNature

@Magician smash for sure. Wondering if astral gets any recognition. Same with mario Maker 2. Fire emblem will prob get best strategy game.

NintendoByNature

1UP_MARIO

MyNintendo has its second physical reward in Europe. 3 posters. It also has a prize draw to enter for a chance for a Snes classic mini and more

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Switch Friend Code: SW-5229-5058-9308

Grumblevolcano

@IceClimbers There's a "Best Ongoing game" category which contains both free content update games and expansion games.

If Smash gets plenty of nominations, I think this may be the first time a December game hasn't been forgotten about in terms of awards.

Grumblevolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic