Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 40,341 to 40,360 of 70,008

Luna_110

@toiletduck
I used this, it isn’t hard to do.

http://www.ateijelo.com/blog/2017/07/12/effective-fix-switch-...
https://kotaku.com/how-to-fix-your-switch-pro-controller-s-d-...

The idea is to cover half (or quarter) of the d-pad’s contacts with scotch and then use a small, folded piece of scotch to slightly rise it. After that, I haven’t had a single issue and I’m playing Hollow Knight now with no bad imputs.

When opening up the Pro, just be careful with the ribbon cable. That was the hardest part in all the fix, in my opinion.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

Haruki_NLI

@Therad I remember people saying that.

Hell, I remember EA SAID THAT!

Future games would be based on how FIFA 18 did. Then it changed to Switch demand after a year. Then it changed to FIFA 19. Now nothing.

I recall saying that te Switch release could be the best selling version of the three, but if it didn't outpace the two other versions combined, it still wouldn't be enough for EA.

Plus this is the company that said, in 2017, that Frostbite wont work, then had some developers accidentally say "Well we didn't exactly try".

So that is the situation. EA is here out of the bare minimum and can then say, well it wont run/sell. Even when every other publisher is proving them wrong. And hell, Activision isn't exactly much better.

Heck, western developers in general.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Therad

@Knuckles-Fajita sad but true. Also, ea doesn't want to spend more money than they need to do on frostbite. It is technically more work to support one more platform. EAs motivation to have their own engine is to save money, not sell it to as many devs they can as other engine holders do.

Therad

JaxonH

EA doesn’t care. And it’s partly Nintendo’s fault. Not the lack of power- that’s just cost of doing business as a portable hybrid. It’s the lack of repeatable results when it comes continuity of success across generations. Barring strictly handheld platforms, their home consoles have always been a dice roll. Why support the GameCube when N64 did so poorly, and why support Wii when GameCube did so poorly. Wii’s success brought a margin of interest for the Wii U launch, but that was quickly lost as that platform did poorly (the poorest to date from Nintendo, in fact). Why support Switch when Wii U was such a bust...

They’ve just done a real crap job of providing a sustained, viable ecosystem for 3rd parties to sell their games. And that’s on top of the power issue. At this point, the 3rd party market has moved on to the PC-based power consoles. Any short term success from Nintendo is never guaranteed to last, from a historical perspective, so why invest in a potential one-off success that may not even last into the next generation.

At least, that’s probably their perspective. And, I can’t say I disagree. If Nintendo were to double down on the hybrid concept, I think they could have a long and fruitful future for decades to come. But something tells me that’s not what’s going to happen. Something tells me they’re going to go in a completely different direction next generation, and I think that’s what 3rd parties fear. It’s going to take multiple generations of Nintendo offering a stable, profitable platform with easy to port architecture before some of these developers decide to come back on board (if ever).

So I don’t get too hung up about it. It’s just video games, after all. It’s the content that matters, and although I would prefer to play every single game on a hybrid system, that’s just not going to happen, not unless Nintendo has a sudden shift of long term strategy and policy, or Sony decides to jump into the hybrid market (and even then, it would be missing all Nintendo’s exclusives which are my faves, meaning I’d have to carry around two portable systems, then again I already do that with GPD Win 2). So... ya. I play the games that come to Switch, and any remaining games that I really don’t want to miss, well, I guess I just play them on the TV and make do without the portable aspect. Not ideal, but... it is what it is. Companies like EA are going to stick with “mainstream” gaming. And, it’s not all bad. As much as I don’t like playing games only on the TV, there are at least benefits that come with the trade off. Better graphics are always nice, better performance, and a proper online system. So ya. It’s whatever. EA, no EA... it’s whatever. Not like they have very many games I’m interested in nowadays anyways, and the few they do have, they seem to consistently bork them with online only requirements, MTX and all other manner of nonsense. There’s a handful of 7th gen classics I’d love to see brought over, but it’s clear by this point that’s not going to happen either. And that is a real shame... a real shame. But I have contingency plans in place for their negligence. GPD Win 2 it is.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Tangerine

Anyone hoping for banjo in smash reveal in the xbox e3 presentation tonight? Maybe banjo 3 or remasteres of the originals? Possibly coming to switch? Maybe even Nintendo reps on the microsoft stage?

Here's hoping! One hour 10 mins to go!

Edited on by Tangerine

Tangerine

redd214

Miyamoto will be at the MS conference, Phil will be in the direct

redd214

IceClimbers

@redd214 Let's take it even further: Miyamoto is hosting the Xbox conference and Phil is hosting the Direct

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

JaxonH

Lol, Microsoft in the expansion business.

I like Microsoft. At least, their Xbox division. They’ve done a very good job of being flexible and responding to the consumer this generation. As someone who did not grow up owning an Xbox (owned every PS and Nintendo console/handheld), and had no interest in the original Xbox One, they’ve done well to bring me into the fold. X1X is a really high quality console. Perfect for multiplats for the non-PC gamer.

Curious to see what’s next.

edit
Apparently Miyamoto will be at the Microsoft conference according to Jeuxvideo

https://mobile.twitter.com/JVTVofficiel/status/11377875711557...

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Therad

Halo x Mario, kingdom battle confirmed!

Ms have become better on the PC side as well, opening up their software on an unprecedented level.

Edited on by Therad

Therad

JaxonH

Minecraft Dungeons coming to Switch.
LEGO Star Wars- The Skywalker Saga announced for Switch.

Solid presentation from MS. I think I’m sold on buying an Xbox 4 at launch. No Miamoto though. Jeuxvideo gets another one wrong (now claiming they confused Keanu Reeves? Come on now)

Edited on by JaxonH

TuVictus

Seems the Diablo style of gameplay is popular right now. Not that I'm complaining, I love Co op games like that. Mine raft dungeons seems like it'll be pretty fun

TuVictus

GeeEmm

Ohhh LEGO Star Wars, hell yes!

GeeEmm

gcunit

My interest in LEGO Star Wars Skywalker Saga will be determined by (a) whether Ep.9 delivers or not and (b) whether there's much different about the first 7 films' content, cos I've got those already.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Luna_110

So Miyamoto on the MS press conference was a load of dung.

I do think we may see something from MS at the Direct, like maybe the release of Ori on Switch.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

JaxonH

Gorgeous e3 lanyard.

Untitled

Some quality Nintendo titles on the way. Zelda Link’s Awakening, Luigi’s Mansion 3 and Pokemon Sword/Shield, just those 3 alone are a sweet spoonful of what’s to come over the next 5 months.

Edited on by JaxonH

gcunit

Would be funny if half the Direct was spent on Pokémon Sw/Shi, though not in a good way.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Magician

Now I'm really excited for Tuesday. I'm curious to see if the western release of PSO2 will be exclusive to Xbox or if Nintendo is also getting a port? I'm already sold on XBtwo, it's just that PSO2 on Switch with cross-play on XBtwo would be even better. I gave PSU three years of my life on the 360, I look forward to doing it again with PSO2.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

JaxonH

Given PS2 Online was cloud based in Japan, I wouldn’t get my hopes up. Game looks too demanding, IMO. And the fact it is cloud-based kind of backs that up.

That’s a game you’ll probably want to play at home anyways, being online only. I’ll be buying on Xbox One regardless. Even if it released in the west, on Switch, on a cartridge, there’s just no benefit on Switch for a game like that. Only downsides with graphics and performance (and seldom do I say a game isn’t best played on Switch, but this is one of those situations).

Edited on by JaxonH

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic