Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 40,361 to 40,380 of 70,103

MarioVillager92

@Magician I'd be surprised if PSO2 appears in the Nintendo Direct, since Microsoft just announced it in their own conference. My money's on the game being exclusive to Xbox and PC.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

rallydefault

Definitely a good Microsoft presentation. With the way their first-party games are going, though (everything also being on PC), I may not buy the next Xbox. I always build a cutting-edge PC every couple years, so by Holiday 2020 I'm definitely going to be on faster hardware than Scarlett.

And therein lies the conundrum for companies that want to go the "play anywhere on literally anything" route. Do I really need your console, then, if I can also play the same games on my PC? I mean, I know I'm still in Microsoft's ecosystem in that case, so yea, but what if they get crazier? What if they start to put Live/Game Pass onto tablets/phones/even other consoles (like that Xbox Live for Switch rumor awhile back)?

And is it just me, or do you guys think about how pie-in-the-sky this streaming stuff seems? I live in the U.S., and internet speeds/reliability are all over the place. I don't know how it is in other countries, but internet here is like health insurance: only the strong and wealthy survive (lol). I live in a small city and have pretty fast cable internet, so I'm fine, but there are plenty of people who live in areas where slow internet is all they have access to OR faster speeds are insanely expensive. I mean, it's one thing to have slow internet and download games online. You just buy and leave it download overnight - no problem. But streaming that 4k, 60+gig game in real time? No way that's happening for lots of people. And side note: can't wait to see the complaining/possible lawsuits against Google and cable companies when people start scrutinizing Stadia's resolution output. I believe they're promising 4k quality, but we know how that goes, even if it's just on Netflix. The difference here is that you're paying extra for the 4k and higher fps, I believe.

I guess that point would be the death of consoles and we just welcome our streaming overlords? The Big 3 just become focused entirely on software.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

kkslider5552000

Yeah, the idea of streaming being the near future of gaming is a very, for lack of a better term, privileged idea of how reality works. Rich people who always have the best internet don't understand how many people don't have good enough internet. I'm certain that's what is happening.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

JaxonH

Holy crap.

Doom streaming in 4K 60fps via Bethesda’s Orion looked incredible!

Maybe, just maybe... when Yves Guillemot and EA and all these others said streaming was the future years ago... maybe they actually knew what they were talking about.

If I can play games like that streaming without noticeable latency, I might not actually need another power console

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

kkslider5552000

JaxonH wrote:

If I can play games like that streaming without noticeable latency, I might not actually need another power console

You can't, unless you already have good enough internet. I almost guarantee it.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

HobbitGamer

It did look incredible. In a controlled environment.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Ralizah

@kkslider5552000 Silicon Valley types live in a bubble. Anyone who thinks "streaming is the future" hasn't looked at the connection speeds most Americans are working with. No reason to think that'll be changing any time in the near future, either.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Toy_Link

The E3 trailer for Elder Scrolls Legends (that card mobile game) trailer contains the date of Nintendo's E3 presentation. Possible stealth drop during the direct?

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

Ninfan

@LuigisCube hello .do you still play phantasy star online on gamecube . If you do can you tell me which private server do I use. Also do I really need a password and access code.

Ninfan

EvilLucario

Doom Eternal looks incredible. Cannot wait to pick it up on Steam, but I'm making sure to double-dip for Switch sooner or later.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

PCkid

2D Metroid game incoming at E3.

Hope for a real 2D pixel-art Metroid and not an ugly 2.5D game.
I cross my fingers.

PCkid

Ralizah

@PCkid Oh? Is a 2D Metroid one of the rumors going around? I hadn't heard that.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Toy_Link

@Ralizah Along with a [SPOILER]
new Warioware
And if the rumors are true the Metroid game is indeed 2.5D sorry @PCkid.

Edited on by Toy_Link

Therad

Streaming will gradually pick up speed and live alongside consoles. It isn't like Netflix and Hulu have killed off disc-based mediums, but that market has definitely shrunk. 'casuals' for a lack of a better term, will see getting the latest FIFA streamed to their tv as a better proposition than the hassle and cost of buying a console. And not having to have ugly boxes in the living room. You also won't need the sub for playing multiplayer, it is already in the sub cost.

It is also better for the devs, one target platform instead of multiple to deal with. Plus, if it is their own platform, no cut taken by the platform holder.

And then you have those that are on platforms that for some reason or another don't get all the big titles from all the major publishers, ie Nitneod Swatch fans. Yes, this is how you will get EA games on the switch. Hope you are ready for it.

Therad

Therad

I wouldn't call that a source, since they themselves are talking about a rumour. The original list they are talking about is the source. It becomes really hard to validate any claims when the source is missing. Elder scrolls blades coming to switch seems to be why they think metroid and warioware will be announced, which can be a lucky guess as far as we know.

Therad

Toy_Link

@Therad
Just curious did you watch beyond the first 50 seconds of the video? They immediately mention afterward the same leaker leaked the final name for the DBZ RPG; DBZ Kakarot, the release window for XBOX Scarlet, Minecraft Dungeons, FO 76 Battle Royale, Fallout NPCs, etc.)

Edited on by Toy_Link

Therad

Galarian_Lassie wrote:

@Therad
Just curious did you watch beyond the first 50 seconds of the video? They immediately mention afterward the same leaker leaked the final name for the DBZ RPG; DBZ Kakarot, the release window for XBOX Scarlet, Minecraft Dungeons, FO 76 Battle Royale, Fallout NPCs, etc.)

No, I listened to it. But some of those have been heavily rumored before. It is also quite possible the leaker works at a PR firm, this means they might have seen the footage from one of the streams, but that doesn't necessarily translate to them knowing anything about Nintendos presentation.

Don't get me wrong, I would be happy if those were true, we are long overdue a new warioware and 2d Metroid (well, sorta). But I wouldn't preach it as gospel just yet.

Therad

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic