Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 39,641 to 39,660 of 70,008

NintendoByNature

Im suprised capcom isn't offering a discount off one game if you buy the other re game

NintendoByNature

EvilLucario

I really hope Astral Chain and Daemon X Machina are included in those vouchers. Since Octopath Traveler is part of it, I'm definitely thinking they will be a part of it.

Definitely will be picking up Super Mario Maker 2, Fire Emblem, Daemon X Machina, and Astral Chain with those vouchers. I'm loving EVERYTHING I see about Mario Maker, but damn I also can't afford to play it and overtake the rest of my backlog. I still got games to play... ugh.

Edit: Just checked the eShop. Astral Chain, Fire Emblem, and Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 will all be supported! Good deal. Now to hope Daemon X Machina will be included.

Edited on by EvilLucario

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

JaxonH

@EvilLucario
Mario Maker 2
Astral Chain
Fire Emblem
Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3

All included, with more future eligible titles on the way (and all 4 now listed on US eShop, btw)

Fire Emblem is so hype. Favorite game series of all time right next to Monster Hunter and Final Fantasy (and I suppose Metroid and Zelda). Words cannot express the emotional rollercoaster I experienced when playing Fire Emblem Awakening and being introduced to the franchise for my first time. I became obsessed with the series ever since.

Fire Emblem. That series is so gosh dang good. July 27th can’t come quick enough!

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

EvilLucario

New Astral Chain art on the Japanese eShop!

Untitled

Bro, this is ****ing awesome. I cannot wait.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

RR529

Yeah, Super Mario Maker, Fire Emblem Three Houses, and Astral Chain all have pages on the NA & JP eShops (Astral Chain has a different set of screenshots on each shop, to boot). The NA shop also has a page for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 as well.

Edited on by RR529

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

MsJubilee

Ralizah wrote:

https://www.siliconera.com/2019/05/15/ai-the-somnium-files-ge...

So, AI: The Somnium Files was delayed until September, which means it's no longer directly competing with Fire Emblem.

Now it's going to compete with many big triple a titles releasing in the fall. Yikes.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Ralizah

@MsJubilee Maybe. Depends on what is releasing, and when. In general, unless something huge like Animal Crossing is releasing in September, I tend to think it's in a better place than it was before, when it was launching the day before a highly-anticipated first-party Nintendo game.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Therad

It all really depends if AI somnium files have the same audience as the other games. It seems interesting, but i would like to see some more gameplay and reviews.

Therad

Therad

So instead of doing discounts with NSO, Nintendo concoct a time limited voucher system. Which is almost the same thing, but you need to basically pre-order the second game if you are not interested in the current offerings.

Therad

toiletduck

@Therad don't think that's true. Vouchers are available until July and redeemable until one year after buying. That means you can theoretically use these vouchers to get games releasing around ~Sept 2020. Am I missing something or not getting your point?

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Therad

@toiletduck If you buy vouchers now for $100, and are not using one of them until July 2020, you have effectively pre-purchased a game for $40-$50 a full year in advance.

Therad

JoeDiddley

@EvilLucario I’d stopped wishing for Switch themes until you posted that Astral Chain art

Switch: SW-2923-8106-2126
Steam ID: joediddley
https://myanimelist.net/profile/JoeDiddley

Grumblevolcano

I've decided to go for Switch with Team Sonic Racing and Crash Team Racing. Mario Maker 2 is going to massively increase the NSO subscription numbers so finding players online shouldn't be a problem.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

@Therad
Right. Which, if it's a game you know you're buying, is a heck of alot better than preordering for $60 a month in advance. You're gonna spend the money either way. May as well spend less.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Therad

@JaxonH Sure, did I say something different? But I would also like to point out that not everyone has the luxury to have their money locked up in preorders at all. Personally I almost never pre-order, mostly because I often wait for reviews even for titles I am quite sure I will like (such as FE).

My point wasn't really about that though, I was just noting "Nintendo being Nintendo" by doing their own solution to discounts in NSO. They could just as easily given a flat 10% discount on those games.

Therad

toiletduck

@Therad no they couldn't. Part of the business case is that a certain % of people spends the voucher on a cheaper game or forgets to spend it at all. On average, they may not even give more than 5% discount. You may not like that, but that's how business works.

toiletduck

Grumblevolcano

@toiletduck Not quite, the only eligible games are full price retail titles. The only ripoff I could see happening is that someone's purchased Bayonetta in the past (which activates 50% discount on Bayonetta 2) and then use a voucher for Bayonetta 2.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

toiletduck

@Grumblevolcano I saw some games in the reel that have been on sale on several occasions, right? Oh well, 2nd part of my argument still holds

toiletduck

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic