Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 39,501 to 39,520 of 40,075

gcunit

Knuckles-Fajita wrote:

I dont think Switch is as capable with UE4 as we think... Fortnite just...jesus

?

Never had a problem with Fortnite when I played it. I know they've issued updates that have caused temporary problems on Switch, but the implication that Switch can't handle UE4 based on Fortnite doesn't work for me.

Edited on by gcunit

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

electrolite77

Yoshi looks great to my eyes

Switch friend code - SW-5907-7972-1196

Nintendo network Username - GJB77

Knuckles-Fajita

@gcunit Fortnite tanked around Season 5. Performance had been miserable until very recently where it's now better, thank God.

@electrolite77 Yoshi does look great. It's art style makes up for what had to be sacrificed. I'm not saying the things they dropped to make it work was a mistake, just that UE4 isn't as good on the system and still somewhat limited.

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

AlohaPizzaJack

Yoshi is downright adorable, and the detail is fun.
Weren't the early graphical load issues in Fortnite related to an optimization bug with the memory buffer, and not UE4 itself?

Edited on by AlohaPizzaJack

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Octane

It's so weird seeing all these Starlink Starter Packs on discounted for €25-30. And to think that it was €80 a few months ago!

Octane

Knuckles-Fajita

@JackEatsSparrows I personally think Yoshi looks beautiful, but I can see what sacrifices had to be made to get it to work. I'm not saying the games look bad, just that with UE4 on Switch it seems certain things have to be heavily turned down in favour of others.

Regarding Fortnite's issues, I know they removed capture features to save RAM, but the frame drops and loading issues until recently, I'm not sure.

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Grumblevolcano

@Octane They've been pretty much constantly on sale since Black Friday sales.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

CurryPowderKeg79

Octane wrote:

It's so weird seeing all these Starlink Starter Packs on discounted for €25-30. And to think that it was €80 a few months ago!

Yea i only bought mine to put on the mantel, and no i'm not 12 i'm 40 Viva la Discount Forum!

Edited on by CurryPowderKeg79

..............(FAVORITE)...............
Game: Killer Instinct (Arcade)
Quote: Stupid is as stupid does.
Movie: The Shawshank Redemption.
Food & Drink: Sirloin Steak & Light Beer.
Band: Green Day

Switch Friend Code: SW-3830-1045-2921

Ralizah

@Knuckles-Fajita If nothing else, UE4 games that push a rock solid 60FPS probably aren't a good fit for Switch. It's clearly too much for the system to handle without tanking the resolution.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

DannyBoi

Does anyone think most of the games on Switch are Indies? I really think so.

Edited on by DannyBoi

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

EvilLucario

Octopath has uneven frame pacing, which isn't the same as frame drops. But it doesn't really matter that much.

@DannyBoi PC has far more indies than AA/AAA. Who cares about the ratio of indies:AAA? A good game is a good game.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

IceClimbers

Now here's something out of nowhere:

Preload for Assault Android Cactus is now live on the US eShop with a 25% off preorder discount. Game releases March 8th.

Totally forgot about that game lol

Edited on by IceClimbers

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

gcunit

I need someone to take one for the team and try out BlazeRush and Oniken, both recent additions to the eshop that caught my eye.

Meanwhile, I can report that ATOMIK: RunGunJumpGun is worth the money of any fan of autorunners in the current sale.

Edited on by gcunit

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

BenGrimm

@EvilLucario

I can’t stress this enough, a game is a game is a game. Why try and put labels on it for, just play it and enjoy it, if you don’t move on.

BenGrimm

nintendobynature

Not sure if anyone said anything yet today but nintendoeverything reported capcom is set to announce more info related to re re0 and re4 by the end of the month. Can't wait to hear when it's coming. It's going to be a packed 2nd half unless they squeeze it into these next couple months

nintendobynature

Anti-Matter

DannyBoi wrote:

Does anyone think most of the games on Switch are Indies? I really think so.

Indies or Not, who cares.
As long their games are interesting, i will buy them.

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (99)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

IceClimbers

@nintendobynature There's a few ports that need dates honestly.

REmake, RE0, RE4, Ace Attorney Trilogy (in the west), Saint's Row the Third, Pillars of Eternity II, Grandia I & II HD, Guilty Gear Collection, Hellblade, Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles HD, etc.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

JaxonH

Civilization VI is getting the expansions, Rise and Fall and the Gathering Storm.

The rep Aspyr_Blair let it slip on Reddit that it was coming to Switch alongside iOS, and responded to several comments about it, only to later edit Switch out of the post (probably because his superiors informed him that information was not supposed to be announced yet).

See for yourselves

Civ VI Switch Getting Expansions

NOW PLAYING
NS: Trials Rising (masterpiece), Tales of Vesperia, NSMBU Deluxe
X1: DMC5
GPD Win 2: Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
3DS/Wii U/PS4/PSVR/Vita/PC/Rift: [nothing]

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

ReaderRagfihs

EvilLucario wrote:

Who cares about the ratio of indies:AAA? A good game is a good game.

I do, since I can only think of a very small amount of indie games that I've actually enjoyed as much as "normal" games. I don't mean to discriminate against indies, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't.

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

Wiimmfi Friend Codes: http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/wii/2019_wiids_friend_code_thread
Wii/DS games online post shutdown

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic