Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 39,501 to 39,520 of 41,628

NintendoByNature

NL just did a review on the megadrive 8bitdo controller.. that looks pretty decent and its only $27. Only problem is no analog sticks..

NintendoByNature

HobbitGamer

Yeah, that review is what made me think about the SN30 again. I considered it awhile back, but now there's more games I would use a dpad with. And I'm not always in the mood too hold my pro controller, especially after yard work (since that season has started here in good ole 'geogia')

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

JaxonH

Well, looks like Capcom jumped off the deep end after all.

Think I'll grab RE4 still if it has motion but, the Collection can wait.

Edited on by JaxonH

NOW PLAYING
NS: Final Fantasy XII, Final Fantasy X, Dragon’s Dogma, Mortal Kombat XI, Darksiders, Cuphead, Hellblade, Trials Rising
X1: Trials Evolution
GPD Win 2: Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
3DS/Wii U/PS4/PSVR//Vita/PC/Rift: [nothing]

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

AlternateButtons

I got 1078 Gold points I wanna spend. What should I buy and why?

Dead Cells. A Hard Rogue-lite Metroidvania ($15)

Horizon Chase Turbo. An Arcade racer. ($10)

Or Lumines. An addicting puzzle game. ($5)

The prices are what it costs me after the Gold points are applied.

I wanted to wait for A Hat in Time but the game just WONT come out and it was announced August last year. I don't want my gold points to expire at this point.

Edited on by AlternateButtons

Want an awesome Let's Play show to watch when you're bored? Check out my new show, Alternate Buttons where we play games for your viewing pleasure! https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCG0IbzMJDa9hZJFTGOB8Vug/feed

3DS Friend Code: 4983-5439-2641 | Nintendo Network ID: Guitardude7

Knuckles-Fajita

Yep. £30 a pop for the RE games. Yeah no. Sorry.

And to the surprise of no one, like almost every other Capcom release on Switch...digital only in Europe. Oh lawd

Edited on by Knuckles-Fajita

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

ReaderRagfish

@JackEatsSparrows I've been looking at the Retro Bit Sega Saturn replica controllers. They're officially licensed and reviews have said that the quality is practically the exact same as the originals.

Only problem is that the bluetooth Switch compatible versions won't be out for another little while.

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

Fujin

Are Wii U amiibo compatible with the Switch?

To achieve something it takes more than practice it takes belief and confidence that you will succeed.

Morpheel

there's no such thing as a "WiiU Amiibo"

Edited on by Morpheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Ralizah

@Fujin Amiibo all work with compatible software on the Switch.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

NintendoByNature

To anyone who's pre purchased any of the re games. Do you get discounts on others if you pre purchase one of them?

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

Not sure. I just wanna know if RE4 supports gyro. If so I’ll preorder right now.

If not, I’m tempted to wait for a sale, just on principle.

NOW PLAYING
NS: Final Fantasy XII, Final Fantasy X, Dragon’s Dogma, Mortal Kombat XI, Darksiders, Cuphead, Hellblade, Trials Rising

Jesus is Lord.

JaxonH

If it supports gyro, all is forgiven.

If it doesn’t, and they just pushed this game out with no retail release and at 50% markup, without the one feature Switch fans are nuts over, I’m gonna be a little irate.

But I think it will. Then again, I thought their pricing would be consistent with their previous releases and we all see how that turned out, so...

NOW PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

Morpheel

Yeah I would only buy it with motion controls.

Though they did add them to the revelations games, so I'm optimistic.

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Fujin

@Ralizah alright thanks

To achieve something it takes more than practice it takes belief and confidence that you will succeed.

Buizel

JaxonH wrote:

If it doesn’t, and they just pushed this game out with no retail release and at 100% markup, without the one feature Switch fans are nuts over, I’m gonna be a little irate.

Fixed, at least for the UK.

I honestly can't see how they thought these prices would be good - wouldn't surprise me if the majority of potential consumers are out because of this price.

Then again, I bought Twilight Princess HD so maybe I should keep quiet...

Edited on by Buizel

Currently playing: Pokemon White (DS), Persona 4 Golden (PSVita), Transistor (Switch)

Arbor

what are gyro and analog controls?? i see people talk about them and i just have no clue what it is.

Arbor

Octane

@Arbor Gyro refers to the gyroscope in your controller. That's what it uses to detect motion. So it's motion control (but different from the pointer controls on the Wii, which required a light bar, and a sensor in the Wii Remote).

Analog controls refers to how button presses are measured. With digital it's either a 0 or a 1; Either you press the button or you don't. With analog the system is able to differentiate between the amount you press the buttons. It's what the GameCube controller has, and the DualShock 4 for example. The Switch Pro Controller lack analog triggers. They can be useful in racing games, since you can adjust your acceleration by adjusting the pressure you put on the triggers. With the Switch Pro Controller it's either full throttle or nothing at all.

Octane

PikPi

analog is squishy squish triggers and digital is clicky click triggers

PikPi

HobbitGamer

PikPi wrote:

analog is squishy squish triggers and digital is clicky click triggers

Best explanation. 😍

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic