Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 39,501 to 39,520 of 70,011

CurryPowderKeg79

I still think they should of made the Tetris 99 offline mode free to NOL yearly subscribers. Not because i think i deserve more or am unhappy with what i got. But because i think it would of been a great recruiting tool for NOL. If i'm willing to pay $9.99 why not pay $10 more and get a NOL subscription and try it out for a year. At least IMO a lot of people would at least ask themselves that question if it was $9.99 for non subscribers and free to subscribers.

(CURRENTLY PLAYING)
ASPHALT 9: LEGENDS

Switch Friend Code: SW-3830-1045-2921

RR529

Although I beat Onimusha Warlords a few days ago, I went back to an earlier save today so I could tackle that optional Dark Realm challenge thing. Completing it does give you access to the game's strongest weapon, but you don't get it until right before the final boss, and while it does make that fight go by a lot faster, it's a shame you can't take it with you elsewhere (it absolutely obliterates regular enemies, so would have made going back to look for collectables you've missed much easier).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

JaxonH

@subpopz
And that I’m not disputing, in fact I did make point to mention the quality of the service is another issue entirely. My post was only regarding whether or not it was justified to be angry at an additional offline mode being sold, after being tossed an extra bone not previously advertised for free.

I think Tetris 99 is as lame as it gets- I’m not even wasting the hard drive space on it. But I’m not complaining about a freebie. Then if they want to sell an additional off-line mode... knock yourselves out, Nintendo. It’s a cheapskate freebie that simply does not impress. Nonetheless, it is a freebie above and beyond what I signed up for. So I have no right to complain about the offline mode which was never part of the agreement or even the freebie tossed.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

Tetris 99 has been pretty well-received. And, to be honest, I've grown to really enjoy it. I think it's a fantastic offering. But then, I'm also a big Tetris fan.

It's not Tetris Effect, but I think an offline mode for $10 sounds perfect.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

kkslider5552000

it's almost like the paid online service should focus on being an online service instead of a new way to charge for video games

like at least when Sony forced people to do the same for PS4 (which was also bad, don't get that confused), PS+ was already a well liked service. I don't get this trend to not use paid online being...better than previous free online as the way to sell it. Instead of using it as essentially a forced subscription to a gaming service. If they want to sell a gaming subscription, actually sell it as a gaming subscription. Don't force people who want to pay online for it! Or at least if you do, actually put in the effort to improve the core online features! This is not some unreasonable or impossible goal, I'd like to think.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

NEStalgia

Why is everyone going on about Tetris 99 when Puyo Puyo Tetris has been on Switch for 2 years now and is one of the best Tetris games released, period.?

NEStalgia

Ralizah

@NEStalgia

1) It's free for NSO subscribers.
2) It's a unique spin on the classic game.
3) PPT is unremarkable as a Tetris game, with its only real innovation being the inclusion and melding of mechanics from Puyo Puyo, a game I just can't seem to enjoy. Tetris Plus, Tetris DS, and Tetris Effect are all much more interesting.

To be perfectly honest, having purchased (and sold) the physical version of PPT and played it pretty thoroughly, I can say that the Japanese demo more than satiates my desire to play any more of that game.

Eel

Talking about puyo puyo, the champions game is about 5-6 dollars in the Mexican eShop. By default, it's not a discount or anything.

In case any of the people with multiple regional accounts is interested.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NEStalgia

@Ralizah Apparently it's not really free for NSO subscribers though if I'm following the conversation correctly

PPT seemed to be a pretty good Tetris game. The Puyo merging was amazing, though I admit I suck, suck, suck at Puyo Puyo. Though i admit Tetris Effect is the best Tetris I've seen to date other than the Tetrinet online mashup from the late 90's.

NEStalgia

Ralizah

@NEStalgia If you enjoy Puyo at all, I can see it being a great release for you. I just... can't... enjoy it, though. It's frustrating. I've tried so many times to enjoy it. I can set up simple chains. It's just not intuitive to me. It feels like work.

Tetris Effect is super cool. The sound design is so good, and it has a robust set of modes to tackle. If I ever get PSVR, it's the first game I'm playing in VR.

@subpopz If you're going to pay for online regardless, then it's a free perk.

I mean, yes, it's not actually free. But nothing is ACTUALLY free, y'know? Even free games, like the ones given away once in a while on the humble store, require specialized equipment, a space to set up said equipment, internet, and electricity to access. Saying something is "free" is always just a matter of perspective.

Besides, the primary purpose of Netflix is to watch content on Netflix. To my knowledge, the primary purpose of NSO for most people is not to access Tetris 99.

Edited on by Ralizah

HobbitGamer

This thread has ruined Tetris for me.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Harmonie

subpopz wrote:

Ralizah wrote:

1) It's free for NSO subscribers.

I've found this to be a weird statement that's been made a couple times. When Netflix adds more movies, they aren't 'free'. They're additions the service, just as Tetris99 was added as part of the service.
Maybe that's just my perspective that when a subscription is required to play it, regardless if it's not the main part of the subscription, it's not free.

I feel the same way when people say that the NES games are a "free benefit". It's like, if you ask me, the NES games are actually the only new thing I'd really be paying for, since the online service is just the same as we've always had, they're just expecting us to pay for it now.

Edited on by Harmonie

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

Octane

This thread has ruined pizza.

Octane

HobbitGamer

Octane wrote:

This thread has ruined pizza.

Just put pineapple on it and it'll get better

Is anyone else wondering if they'll show Animal Crossing during the Treehouse days?

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Octane

Animal Crossing is one of those games where you know what you're getting without even seeing a trailer. Just more of the same, let's be honest. And it's quite boring to watch I think. But Nintendo will make it a Treehouse stream anyway.

Octane

HobbitGamer

Yeah, I had to same thinking yesterday evening; That if they did, it would just involve collecting shells and apples. But then I couldn't think of anything else that fit the happy-times carefree Treehouse vibe. I could just be thrown off that last year was 3 days of almost nothing but Smash.

#MudStrongs

Grumblevolcano

@Octane You could say the same about Smash, all you needed was the Everyone is Here and Ridley trailers out of last year's Smash E3 coverage.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TuVictus

Ehh, I think that's more of an apples and oranges situation. One is much more fun for spectating than the other. That said, I think we'll get some form of gameplay innovation. I mean something simple like rudimentary farming (other than fruit trees or bushes) could add a decent amount of freshness.

TuVictus

redd214

People in here still crying about some Tetris dlc lol, what a time to be alive!

redd214

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic