Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 39,481 to 39,500 of 69,981

rallydefault

@EvilLucario
I agree with a lot of what you're saying, but your final statement just comes back to my point: People saying "this is the least of our worries" because THEY, personally, are not super interested in the franchise or they view the game as lesser or whatever, is exactly the reason why we're now stuck in a hobby going down the tubes when it comes to micro monetization. When people don't care, that's when the people in power continue down their path unimpeded. "Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, Nothing is going to get better. It's not." -Seuss

Also, my prediction is that this will NOT be the last paid DLC we'll see for Tetris 99. Far from it. I predict a couple more 10-20 dollar add-ons with new modes. Greed, greed, greed. For me, at least, I'm going to vote with my (paltry) wallet by not buying this DLC. And I applaud the people speaking against this.

Now, back to whatever you people have deemed more important right now.

rallydefault

Grumblevolcano

@rallydefault I think for Tetris 99, Nintendo will do what they've done so far. 1 "season" of paid DLC and then that's it just like all the other Nintendo games on Switch that have gotten paid DLC. The "season" of paid DLC in this case being the Big Block DLC (part 1 was CPU Battle and Marathon, part 2 is later this year).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Haruki_NLI

Think of Tetris 99 like this.

A $10 Tetris game, that has an online mode only for subscribers, obviously, but you can choose which you want.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

JaxonH

@Ninfan
1 You don't wanna know. Really, you dont 🙂
2 Sandisk Online Store (will likely be backordered for a while though).

I think most will wait for a bit of a price drop, but if you've got it... go for it. I love this thing.

Morpheel wrote:

No, no, it's fine to drown in the possibilities of a grim future. Keeps the blood pumping.

Lol lol oh my gosh.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

gcunit

If someone cares about a product, griping that they're not getting more of it for free (when they had no real reason to expect it), seems an odd, and rather childish, way of expressing that care.

It's like walking through your local supermarket where there's a member of staff offering tasters of a new product, so you take one, and then kick off because they won't give you another.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Eel

It is free though. You don't need to pay any subscription to get the game. It just happens to be online-only until you pay for the dlc.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

GameOtaku

@subpopz
Paying for switch online games though makes perfect sense though! If you don't play online and want to have access to them what would be the problem? I bought a one month sub to NSO and because I didn't have service at home though I had paid for a month I ended up only having maybe 2 weeks worth of nes games that I may have played only about an hour or two after I got home from work since that's what I wanted to play! It's ridiculous that we are not given a choice especially with linked accounts (my 3ds and switch accounts are for example).

GameOtaku

GameOtaku

@ReaderRagfish
Switch online NES is basically virtual console but you have to have a sub and not have a self curated collection of games. Wouldn't that just be more money for Nintendo to offer them for sale to everyone else?

GameOtaku

Azooooz

Hiya all, I'm back after 3 months of hiatus, I think.

I see there are many things to talk about, mainly that Tetris 99 Big Block DLC, which is a $10 offline content that's pissing most "fanboys" off. My opinion is that it's about time. I was wondering when Nintendo and Tetrimino are going to make the game for those who don't have online subscription. Marathon and vs 98 bots are good addition to be ready to face against the world. I think this is better deal than other Tetris titles that's on PS4 and Xbox One, which cost about $39 with only single player content + online leaderboard.

Second thing is E3. Am I excited for this one? Yes, but not to overhype myself for it. I though they're back to E3 conference stage, but any form of E3 presence for Nintendo is welcome. The best segment of Nintendo E3 in my opinion is the Treehouse, which shows gameplays that people actually want to see and make bad looking games exciting.

Overall, happy to be back here at NL, Tetris 99"s DLC isn't something you should complain about, and E3 can't come soon enough.

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

HobbitGamer

@ReaderRagfish I can’t believe theY charge for the Switch when you already have to pay for electricity

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

rallydefault

gcunit wrote:

If someone cares about a product, griping that they're not getting more of it for free (when they had no real reason to expect it), seems an odd, and rather childish, way of expressing that care.

It's like walking through your local supermarket where there's a member of staff offering tasters of a new product, so you take one, and then kick off because they won't give you another.

Your analogy, like most provided by internet pundits, makes zero sense. Do you have to pay to walk into the hypothetical grocery store in your flawed analogy? If not, your analogy is void.

Also, I don't know what "kick off" means. I'm American. Does it mean throw a fit or somethin?

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

JaxonH

Here’s the thing though. Nothing is being taken from anyone who’s subbed. You’re paying for a sub. But you’re getting exactly what was advertised and nothing less. Tetris is a bonus, an extra bone they’re tossing. Not only are you getting everything that was advertised, you’re getting above and beyond what was advertised. And are then somehow upset because they sell an off-line mode that A was never part of the online service package and B doesn’t take away anything from the extra bone they tossed you.

It’s illogical. Unless it’s a desire to feel special and have something other people don’t have, I can’t see the reason behind getting upset. Nothing was taken away from what you already had. You have everything today that you had last week. Nothing has been lost.

This is a separate issue from the quality of the service, which I think is lacking, and it’s a separate issue from the quality of the free bone they’re tossing, which I also find to be unimpressive. Nonetheless, there’s nothing to be upset about with regard to them selling an additional mode that has nothing to do with anyone’s online sub.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

HobbitGamer

@rallydefault The supermarket could be Sam’s 😂
And yeah, kick off is like suddenly getting upset.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

gcunit

@rallydefault You don't have to subscribe to enter a supermarket, but are you only in there to scavenge the free tasters?

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

rallydefault

@ReaderRagfish
lol I'm a huge football fan! Go Eagles! That made me chuckle, though.

@gcunit
I honestly don't even know what you're saying anymore, man lol
My point was that you have to pay for NSO, therefore you are already paying for access to Tetris 99. Charging 10 bucks for people who want the game but don't want NSO is fine, but for that of us already paying an "access" fee to the game and to then ask for another 10 bucks if we want all the modes (marathon and whatever else is coming) is dirty, end of story.

A better analogy would be that if you DID have membership at a grocery chain like Sam's or Costco and they gave you a coupon for a free pizza. You're already paying for the grocery membership, so a free pizza is a nice perk. But when you show up to get the free pizza, they tell you you need to pay an extra 5 bucks if you want cheese and sauce on it. But what's the big deal? You could still get the dough for free, so stop your whining lol

Seriously, though, I'm ready to move on now haha

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

Eel

Do you consider the 99 battle royale to be just dough though?

It's kinda like, you get free pizza with your subscription to the store, but then they open up the restaurant and let people go in and buy a personal pizza subscription without needing their own Sam's club membership. And those with both, get more pizza.

They get the pizza, but can't access the main store itself. And now I want pizza.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

HobbitGamer

An Eagles fan, that explains everything. 😂
Go Panthers

How about that Nitneod Swatch, everyone?

#MudStrongs

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic