Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 39,441 to 39,460 of 40,223

Ralizah

It has some major issues that dragged it down for me, but, on the whole, they're things that should be easily addressable. It could very easily be quite a fun game, and they're apparently sending surveys out to some people to gather data on improvements. Hopefully "INCREASE AMMO DROPS FROM SMALL ENEMIES" and "STABILIZE THE FRAMERATE" will ring through loud and clear.

Ralizah

JaxonH

I have some criticisms, for sure. Needs more tactile and audial feedback for gunfire and being hit with gunfire. Enemies blend into surroundings. Also heard complaints about redirecting from out of bounds during boss fight caused some issues when boss shield bounced you OOB.

I’ll be glad to share that feedback if I get a survey.

Also, where’s the Dragon Quest hype? Seriously. I look on Twitter, I see Hollow Knight sequel with 42k upvotes, Mario Maker 2 and Zelda with tens of thousands of upvotes, even Deltarune...

And Dragon Quest XI S and DQ Builders 2 sitting at 2-3k. Like, are you for real Nintendo fans? Same for Hellblade Senuas Sacrifice. Game won crazy awards, and the Switch version looks insanely good... like 3k upvotes. At least that one I can kinda understand. But Dragon Quest? What gives. I thought this whole “if it isn’t made by Nintendo or an indie, I’m not interested” schtick was a thing of the past...

Edited on by JaxonH

NOW PLAYING
NS: Chocobo’s Dungeon, Trials Rising, Tales of Vesperia
X1: Trials Fusion, DMC5
GPD Win 2: Fire Emblem Path of Radiance
3DS/Wii U/PS4/PSVR/Vita/PC/Rift: [nothing]

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

AlohaPizzaJack

@JaxonH I’m already making a feedback list. So if I don’t get a survey, I’ll still drop my thoughts on their Facebook. I’m only doing it because I really like what it could be. I think it’s neat that they thought “Hey, Let’s put these playable bits out there and get feedback while we have time to make changes, not two weeks before the game comes out” (Looking at you, 76)
It also helps that I imagine I’m playing a mix of Macross Plus and what could have been Crystal Dreams 😂

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

link3710

@JaxonH I'm super hyped for Hellblade. Nooooot so much for DQ XI. I'll give the series another try... but so far the only entries I've enjoyed were the original Dragon Quest Monsters games. DQ XI looks really good but... my hopes aren't high.

link3710

AlohaPizzaJack

@Octane Game of the Year. We just couldn’t understand the artistry.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

GrailUK

@JaxonH The spider boss thing (to give it it's official name lol) jumps far too close to the area boundary. I got blasted quite far outside the zone and there is a really painfully slow reset where you have no control to get back any quicker. My arsenal just dragged awkwardly across the floor. Worse still, it didn't mind putting me back inside the boss's shields. Happened to me last night.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Sadist

@nintendobynature

Knowing Capcom, (and seeing RE 4, 5 and 6 got stand alone retail releases) at best you’ll get an Origins Collection, REmake and Zero. But I can see Capcom just doing seperate releases, digital only.

Sadist

Knuckles-Fajita

I can safely say itll be digital only in Europe at the very least.

Edited on by Knuckles-Fajita

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Buizel

I'm pretty hyped for Hellblade. Well, moreso the idea of it than anything. I already own the game on PC and, although I play mostly in handheld mode, I struggle to see myself playing it on the go.

But still - a Ninja Theory game on the Switch? That's pretty huge. And one with a photorealistic style and that is thematically very dark. I think it sets a good precedent for other 3rd party games on the Switch. Personally I would have asked for Enslaved though!

Currently playing: Pokemon White (DS), Persona 4 Golden (PSVita), Transistor (Switch)

FragRed

I wonder if Hellblade's plan and development of the Switch port had already been put into action prior to Microsoft purchasing the studio? Not saying Microsoft wouldn't have prevented the port as there clearly is some interest in expanding their brands outside the Xbox ecosystem as Phil Spencer has been clear about doing. It is interesting to note that the copyright still states Ninja Theory and not Microsoft as often becomes the case after a buy out.

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

Knuckles-Fajita

@FragRed From what I gather the IP when acquired by Microsoft goes the same way as it did with RARE. The IP stays under the ownership of the studio. Microsoft as the owner of the company can obviously have final say but what happens with the IP is down to the studio that owns it.

Because Ninja Theory owned Hellblade, Microsoft by proxy owns Hellblade, but the rights were not separated from NT, if that makes sense.

By buying the owner, they own the IP, without having to separate the IP, but that doesn't give them full control.

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Ralizah

@JaxonH DQ has never inspired a lot of excitement in the West, unfortunately. There's a reason we got so few of the 3DS DQ games.

I expect it'll be a Ys VIII situation. It won't sell bucketloads in the West, but enthusiasm from core Nintendo fans and heavy promotion from the company itself will likely ensure that it's the best-selling version of the game in the West. I'm expecting the initial PS4 release to stay the best-selling version in Japan, though.

Ralizah

JaxonH

@Ralizah
I would be thrilled if it became the best selling version in the west. But that’s what worries me. It just seems like nobody cares, at all. Dragon Quest seems much more aligned with Xenoblade or Final Fantasy than YS VIII. I expected to at least see as much interest as Xenoblade or Fire Emblem. Kind of a “1-2 million seller”.

And 3DS was actually best selling version in Japan, unless you’re talking about the console version only, in which case I agree. Late release can’t touch it in Japan, especially with most JP Nintendo gamers already having bought the 3DS version.

NOW PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

Ralizah

@JaxonH 3DS version is extremely different, so no, I'm not counting it.

Anyway, new exclusives like Xenoblade and FE are always going to generate more enthusiasm than ports. But I still expect DQ to do well in the West, what with Nintendo promoting it pretty heavily and there being a decent number of people in the West who will drift to this as their default portable version.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

JaxonH

@link3710
I love DQM games myself. Terry’s Wonderland on 3DS (3DS fan translation 😉) was a game I drooled over for a long time, and was so happy when I could finally play it. But DQXI is a pretty major leap forward for the series. Much more modern than anything you’ve played in the past. It’s like the Zelda BotW of Dragon Quest, so to speak. Well, maybe not that polished and perfect but, you know what I mean.

NOW PLAYING

Jesus is Lord.

Grumblevolcano

Honestly the only thing that could help Dragon Quest at this point is Smash, otherwise it's just a niche RPG series outside Japan.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ralizah

I always got the sense that DQXI was basically "DQVIII, but with modern gen graphics."

Ralizah

gcunit

Grumblevolcano wrote:

Honestly the only thing that could help Dragon Quest at this point is Smash, otherwise it's just a niche RPG series outside Japan.

I think they should push it a bit more though. XI looks great, so I hope they give it a big ad campaign around launch time just to make sure everyone's seen it.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

rallydefault

Sorry - been away from the forum a bit over the last few months, so apologies if this recently came up:

With Microsoft's recent "let's be bros with Nintendo" thing going on, is this not the prime time to strike a deal and get a Diddy Kong Racing relaunch? Maybe start with a remaster of the original and then follow up with a sequel that would release on both Xbox/PC and Switch hardware? In this day of online gaming, the DKR scene would be awesome. Just look at the legs online-capable Mario Kart installments have had.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic