Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 39,441 to 39,460 of 70,011

HobbitGamer

@rallydefault I can’t understand the frustration. The online Tetris 99 is still free to subs. They just released the this thing opposite of what everyone is used to, seems like. And who’s to say the other dlc in the pass won’t have a benefit exclusive to NSO players?
Tetris online free for only NSO
Tetris offline only with a $10 pass

I dunno, I think it’s something folks may be getting worked up about for the sake of it.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Magician

Ralizah wrote:

https://nintendoeverything.com/mary-skelter-2-announced-for-n...

Mary Skelter 2 seems to be coming West.

Old news. Love the enthusiasm though, I share it. Fantastic dungeon rpg series.
https://www.nintendolife.com/forums/nintendo-switch/mary_skel...

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

rallydefault

@AlohaPizzaJack
Doesn't the 10 dollars include other game modes, as well? Can I play those for free with my NSO sub?

rallydefault

JaxonH

As for Tetris, who cares. It’s a cheapo Tetris game, and now they’re selling an offline mode for $10 separately.

That being said, who cares. It’s a cheapo Tetris game Nintendo’s cheaply pawning off as some breakthrough asset to bolster their online, when they can’t even be bothered to toss subs more than an online mode for it.

I’m just not impressed... at all. Not by the online Tetris, certainly not by the offline Tetris. They’re going to have to do better than that if they truly want to expand their sub base.

@Magician
Actually, it’s not old news.

The post you linked is simply about it being announced for Switch. What @Ralizah linked is the recent news of it being localized in North America and Europe.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

HobbitGamer

@rallydefault Yeah, the DLC pass currently gives Offline 99 and Offline Marathon.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Ralizah

Hopefully Omega Labyrinth Life gets localized for the people who wanted to play it. Sony forcing PQube to not distribute a fully localized game that had been long expected in order to sate the totalitarian impulses of reactionary puritans in California was totally ridiculous. It's funny watching some of the same characters who cheered on this profoundly unfair decision begin to squirm uncomfortably now that everything from Japan seems to be getting censored on PS4. I really, really want their policy to hit an anticipated Western game, but I'm sure they'll continue to just use their totally nebulous policies to harass small Japanese developers instead.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Toy_Link

Bandai Namco will publish both Fishing Spirits and Bakatsuri Bar Hunter on Switch in Japan. The Switch version will be based on the arcade version with additional fish species, there will also be an adventure mode and will release in Japan on July 25th.
No specifics or release date for Bakatsuri Bar Hunter
Sources:
https://nintendoeverything.com/bandai-namco-to-release-fishin...
https://nintendoeverything.com/bakutsuri-bar-hunter-coming-to...

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

CurryPowderKeg79

@Octane Wooo is out already? This is nano technology right? No but nano technology is coming!!!

Edited on by CurryPowderKeg79

(CURRENTLY PLAYING)
ASPHALT 9: LEGENDS

Switch Friend Code: SW-3830-1045-2921

Anti-Matter

Mine is 128 GB Sandisk and i think that's more than enough for me. 😉

Anti-Matter

JaxonH

@OorWullie
It really is, and I never thought we’d see the day until well past the end of the Switch generation.

For “physical whenever possible, digital only when there’s no physical”, yes. That 1TB should last all gen. For all the digital retail games... not so much. Only a quarter space remaining for that 1TB card. But it’s fine. Can split it between 3rd party and 1st party games on 2 separate cards again if I must.

Tell ya what, I started 2017 out with a 256gb, and I thought I was good. After all, a 512gb hard drive lasted 5 years on Wii U, and a 2TB PS4 has lasted all gen with much bigger games that are mandatory install (have a 6TB for my X1X, but a TON of 3rd party games).

So I’m good I thought to myself. That’ll last

Then this happened.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

I give him a few months tops before he's on his second 1TB card.

I don't really see a need to upgrade from my 256GB card anytime soon. Of course, I said the same thing about my 128GB card, and here we are.

NintendoByNature

I made a 32gb card last me til December or so and I had that card since launch. Granted I rarely buy big downloads on the eshop. I didn't upgrade to my 128gb until December. When I finish a game i usually just archive it which saves space

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

Anyone try Saint's Row yet? The game is silly, but that's what makes it so fun to play. It's so out there. Lots of cursing but, I've learned to let that go in one ear and out the other. The humor is top notch though.

In the beginning of the game, something happens and you fall out of a plane, and you catch up with Shandi and launch your parachute, then a huge airliner comes straight at em while gliding, and he says "just remember how good you felt when I caught you" and throws her, shoots out the plane and shoots right through the middle of the plane taking out baddies along the way, comes out the back, catches up to her and catches her again lol, shes all mad and swearing at him

I definitely need to come back to it after Final Fantasy XII

Ralizah

Saints Row 3 was the one that went too far on the "silly" scale for me. I prefer Saints Row 2, which kept a straight face most of the time while peppering in hilarious mechanics and a wonderfully freeform approach to character customization. It was arguably the best GTA game on the Xbox 360/PS3 until GTA V.

Edited on by Ralizah

Magician

JaxonH wrote:

@Magician
Actually, it’s not old news.

The post you linked is simply about it being announced for Switch. What @Ralizah linked is the recent news of it being localized in North America and Europe.

@Ralizah

Fair enough, the fault is mine. I was under the assumption that since Idea Factory is the publisher a western release for Mary Skelter 2 was inevitable, before it was even officially announced. Especially since dungeon rpgs sell better here in the west than their usual offerings of visual novels and otome games.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

HobbitGamer

@JaxonH I’m playing it and loving it (again!). Their take on horde mode is definitely a good laugh, try it out.

#MudStrongs

Aozz101x

New Gameplay for MUA3

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic