Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 39,461 to 39,480 of 69,964

JaxonH

Marvel Ultimate Alliance is getting lots of love and attention. Great to see. And the game really does look excellent.

@subpopz
There’s always the “main” game, but with another dozen intermittently on the side. Final Fantasy X I played to completion, while spending 15 hours in Darksiders, a bit in Dragon’s Dogma, a bit in Mortal Kombat, Cuphead, etc etc. Now Final Fantasy XII is the main game, with a bit of Saint’s Row, a bit of Sniper Elite, a bit of all these other upcoming games.

There’s always the main game though.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

rallydefault

@JaxonH
Eh, I think the "who cares?" question is part of the reason why the gaming industry is the way it is right now in respect to monetized DLC and microtransactions and all that.

Too many of us said "eh, who cares - it doesn't appeal to me so it doesn't matter" when it came to stuff like Oblivion horse armor and 15-dollar CoD maps, but lo and behold: Some of us may not care, but apparently plenty of people do and actually buy this crud to the tune of millions of dollars, making publishers bolder and bolder when it comes to DLC.

My bottom line remains: as a usual non-complainer, I actually sympathize with the Tetris 99 outcry. It was marketed to us as a totally free perk as part of NSO. And now suddenly it's not. At least not if you want to have the full game. All NSO subs HAD the full game mere hours ago, for free, as was advertised, but now we don't if we don't pony up some cash. That irks me. Stinks a bit of free-to-play mobile fodder that really isn't free if you want to actually experience the game. My prediction is that Tetris 99 will soon find itself with more premium modes than not, and those who aren't willing to pay and pay and pay will be left with just the online royale, and at that point the game will look identical to thousands of other free-to-play money pits.

rallydefault

Eel

Tetris 99 is still Tetris 99. The game as it was, will continue being a free perk for subscribers.

The only difference now is that it also acts as the general Tetris title every console gets. People who want that, can now buy it. Online sub or not.

Like, seriously, had they released the extract same game again as a stand alone $9.99 release (with all the dlc content, obviously) without the 99 in the name, would people be dramatic over that?

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

gcunit

And of all the things to gripe over... I mean, it's ****ing Tetris ffs, who gives a ****?

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Ninfan

They cancelled metroid prime 4 I was gone buy a switch to play it . No way

Ninfan

Ninfan

@Galarian_Lassie they scraped what they were making ( after a year working on it) and are starting new one so won't know when it's out of maybe with what I watched it it will ever b

Ninfan

FragRed

@Ninfan I’m confused by your name. Your name makes me assume you are a fan of Nintendo, yet the only reason you were going to buy a Switch was to play Metroid Prime 4?

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Toy_Link

@Ninfan The game will still be MP4 as confirmed by the development update, just now with Retro at the helm. And the title for the development update indicates that it's still being developed with Nintendo Switch in mind.

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

Ninfan

@FragRed I'm still a big fan but theres a bit of a famine at the minute .iv got great memoirs of nintendo games .2000 or 3000 games.there still maybe better than anyone else

Ninfan

JaxonH

Sniper Elite v2 Remastered looking fabulous, and of course with gyro controls for aiming (oh it’s gonna play so good in handheld mode). Gotta support the devs that support us, especially those that go the extra mile. They’re bringing Sniper Elite III too. Nice first step into Switchland for these devs.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Anti-Matter

@Ninfan
Meanwhile, i played Metroid Prime Federation Force 3DS, the spin-off since i'm not a Metroid games fan but i suddenly have interest with that spin-off due to Chibi looking Mecha and simple objective missions (But hard to do).

Anti-Matter

Ninfan

@Anti-Matter did you play metroid prime on the gamecube it was great.I was really looking forward to metroid 4.

Ninfan

Anti-Matter

@Ninfan
I'm not a Metroid fan, never played any Metroid games, but i play metroid Prime Federation Force 3DS.

Anti-Matter

rallydefault

gcunit wrote:

And of all the things to gripe over... I mean, it's ****ing Tetris ffs, who gives a ****?

I never got that kind of logic. What's your issue with Tetris? (lol)

I mean, for some people, Tetris is like THE GAME OF ALL TIME. Seriously.

It's all perspective, man. Like, I know this is blasphemy around here, but I couldn't give a flying rat's nostril about Pokémon. But since YOU (or whoever) perceive Pokémon as an awesome franchise, you'd be all up in arms if something like this happened to one of those games. (Just wait for all the insane micro monetization you guys are gonna see with Sword and Shield, by the way.)

Most of you guys are awesome. You are way better than the comments I'm seeing from you lately. I thought a baseline level of empathy and awareness of differing viewpoints were skills we all had around these parts.

Edited on by rallydefault

rallydefault

EvilLucario

@rallydefault I mean, the DLC is basically just an offline version of Tetris like Tetris DS, Axis, Effect, Puyo Puyo Tetris, or whatever, and it's a one-time payment for the rest of the modes they'll be adding, as well as being an option for those without the subscription, which those on the other side weren't understanding at all. Especially on Reddit and Twitter. I'm not going to bother emphasizing with people who miss the forest for the trees.

Sure it can suck to suddenly pay up ten bucks, but considering it's available for everyone, even non-subscribers, and there's nothing but additions if you pay up, it's no big deal at all.

There are plenty of things to be mad at in the Nintendo space like how some companies want to price their releases a bit sketchy (Capcom with the Resident Evil games being more expensive), but Tetris 99 DLC is the least of those worries if at all.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

GrailUK

@Ninfan Hiya, I haven't played the 3DS game (I don't really play on my 3DS that much). Is it any good?

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Ninfan

@GrailUK I think I'm the only one with the online one.it's good alright

Ninfan

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic