Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 39,341 to 39,360 of 70,026

GrailUK

Erm…did Devil May Cry just get announced for Switch? I can finally shut up.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Eel

@Grumblevolcano that update was quite switch-hardware specific, and the loading times in the wiiu version of the game were already faster than the switch version, so it's not like it needed the update to begin with.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Ryu_Niiyama

Woo, DMC and Bayo on the same system? On the go? Yeah it's official, I need a second job just for the switch. This year has been insane for games for me to buy.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

BRDLY

Just picked up a Switch but didn't get any games due to money. But I am more than happy with the F2P offerings. Looking to pick up Smash, Diablo and Immortal Redneck, soon.

BRDLY

link3710

@GrailUK I'm sure you can find something else to complain about

In all seriousness, how is DMC? I'm a huge fan of Bayonetta, so from what I've heard I'd probably enjoy DMC, right?

link3710

Magician

Dante for Smash unofficially confirmed since DMC is headed to Switch?

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Magician

link3710 wrote:

In all seriousness, how is DMC? I'm a huge fan of Bayonetta, so from what I've heard I'd probably enjoy DMC, right?

DMC, originator of the "stylish action" genre. Personally, I hold the Bayonetta series in higher regard. But the first DMC is a great game, if a little difficult. DMC2 wasn't as good as DMC1 since Hideki Kamiya moved over to direct the Viewtiful Joe series. And I've never played DMC3 or DMC4, although I've heard they're both better than DMC2.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

JaxonH

Kinda bummed they only announced the first DMC, and didn't even specify if it was a remaster (though I imagine it HAS to be- even Okami and Onimusha were remasters).

I'll take it but come on, bring the trilogy. Figure they just wanna sell individually to avoid coughing up for a physical release... again.

On another note, Darksiders II: Deathinitive Edition incoming August 30th, as leaked by EB Games. I knew it wasn't far behind the first.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ryu_Niiyama

I'll be excited by darksiders when they announce 3. There is only so many times I am willing to rebuy a game with no end to the series in sight. On that note as well I think THQ needs to get four out asap and round the series out. It is getting a little long in the tooth.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Magician

JaxonH wrote:

I'll take it but come on, bring the trilogy.

It figures Capcom would chop up the collection for maximum profit. The HD collection file size on PS4 is 12GB, so there's no reason for DMC1-DMC3 not to be on one 16GB cartridge. But, from a certain point of view I'm not that upset. I would pay $25 for DMC1 by itself physically. Capcom can keep DMC2 away if they want to, lol.

NintendoByNature

@JaxonH nice call on the darksiders 2 forewarning. Not long ago you told me to stick it out and not buy darksiders 2 for Wii u since it may come to switch. Add that to my August list now.

Separately, i don't mind only the 1st DMC is coming at the start. Without playing a game in the series, not sure I want to buy a trilogy upfront in the event that I'm not crazy about it.

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

And.... Biomutant now listed for Switch on EB Games as well

Biomutant Trailer (for those unfamiliar)

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

FragRed

@JaxonH I’m curious to see how well Biomutant would look and run on the Switch, judging from what I’ve seen so far of the game.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

canucksfan989

So is Biotmutant delayed now? I figured March 30th 2020 would be for the Switch but all the versions have that date.

canucksfan989

NintendoByNature

@subpopz yea i hear you. Trust me. With onimusha being $20 and revelations collection games being $20, then the newest re games being $30 plus dragons dogma being $30. It's hard to say what they'll price it at. But im leaning toward $30 if I were a gamblin man. Let's put it this way. When I haven't played a game and it's brought it switch I can justify the price of 30 or 40. But in the case of resident evil (newest ones coming) I'm torn and almost want to wait for a price drop. Even though re 1 is one of my favorite games of all time. I never got to finish zero and barely played 4 as It didnt click with me back on the GC.. I don't know, I guess with so much coming out in the near future and recently, it's getting hard to justify games with price hikes. Dmc 1 might be a day 1 depending on what say it drops though. If it's close to Mario maker and bloodstained, it's a no go, same to be said for August now that astral chain and darksiders 2( rumoured? Or is it confirmed) are coming .

NintendoByNature

Grumblevolcano

@NintendoByNature It's a retailer listing so could be true like RAGE 2 or could be fake like Link to the Past.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

Biomutant looks interesting. If it's real anyways.

link3710

JaxonH

NintendoByNature wrote:

@Grumblevolcano good point. I'm sure well find out soon enough

Agreed, but I’m pretty sure it’s legit. Both Darksiders 2 and Biomutant are THQ releases, so it makes sense if THQ submitted new listings to retailers. And with the success of Darksiders Warmastered (that game did way better than Wii U, and probably gave the PS4/X1 releases a run for their money) and previous THQ titles, Darksiders 2 was all but confirmed anyways. Biomutant seems a little more surprising, but then again, Switch is in year 3, keeping perfect pace with PS4 launch aligned, which broke all kinds of records and was second only to Wii in the history of gaming, so it makes sense that a few bigger titles are finally going to start coming around the block.

Wouldn’t surprise me if they got Darksiders 3 on Switch at some point. If they can find a good way to scale these games down to a reasonable level, I think they’ll put pretty much anything on the system.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic