Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 39,321 to 39,340 of 69,964

link3710

@JaxonH I'd honestly probably prefer Gameboy over SNES. There's a ton of GB games I haven't had a chance to play, while I've more or less finished off the SNES library. Not that I wouldn't play Super Metroid or Link to the Past or Super Mario World for the 15th time, but GB (assuming we're including the GBC exclusives) has a wide array of interesting titles. Though, with so many I want to play being third party I don't know what they'd actually provide of interest.

link3710

Magician

EvilLucario wrote:

@NintendoByNature Nope. We had Mega Man X on Switch for almost a year by this point.

And Secret of Mana before that. Although it's all in Japanese.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

JaxonH

@link3710
I just have no interest in GameBoy. NES is bad enough, and would like to move forward with modernity rather than backward. I don’t care if they bring them along with SNES/GBA, but if they think GB games are gonna help sell the online service, I think they’ll discover most people will be even less interested than NES.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Grumblevolcano

@link3710 GB/GBC would be rather limited. 3rd parties generally have gone for collections over being a part of NSO, Tetris probably wouldn't come because of Tetris 99, Game Freak probably wouldn't allow Pokemon RBY and GSC because of Let's Go, there's probably not much difference between Link's Awakening GB and Link's Awakening Switch, etc.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NintendoByNature

@Magician ya I forgot to mention that one actually. I want to get it so bad but not if Its not in English. Id be lost for sure

Edit: I know alot of People don't want it but I'd actually love some gameboy on switch. Of course gbc, and gba games would be far better, but at this point the nes games are getting stale for me.

Edited on by NintendoByNature

NintendoByNature

link3710

@Grumblevolcano I mean, I'd want the oracle games, Super Mario Lands, Kirby's Dream Land 1+2, all three Donkey Kong Lands, Kid Dracula, Donkey Kong 94, Wave Race, Gargoyle's Quest, all three Wario Lands, maybe the Megaman GB games if we're lucky, Paperboy, Kirby's Pinball Land, Kid Icarus: Of Myth's and Monsters, Pokemon TCG, Shantae, Pokemon Pinball, Qix, the first three Game & Watch Gallerys, Bionic Commando, maybe the Castlevania's, Tetris Attack, Mole Mania, Adventures of Lolo etc. That's enough classics to last for a whole year at three titles a month, even with the ones that aren't available as you mentioned.

I won't say people won't complain, but I'd say it's a far stronger selection of titles than the NES ones we have so far.

link3710

Magician

Now that developer Good-Feel is done with Yoshi's Crafted World I wonder what Nintendo will contract them to do next? A Switch port of Kirby's Epic Yarn perhaps? Maybe, but considering how well Yoshi's Crafted World sold, probably not. Personally, I hope Nintendo gives them the go-ahead for a new entry in the Wario Land series.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Grumblevolcano

Super Mario Maker 2 now has a file size according to Amazon Japan, 3.5GB. Big info blowout with Switch Mini reveal within the next few days possibly?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

WebHead

@Grumblevolcano Could see it. If Switch Mini is indeed releasing next month its likely being announced this month. Launching it with SMM2 makes a lot of sense.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

JaxonH

Was scoping the month’s lineup, and realized we now have eight different games releasing on May 21st.

May 7
Shakedown Hawaii
Puyo Puyo Champions
May 9
For the King
May 10
Saint’s Row The Third
May 14
Sniper Elite v2 Remastered
Redout
Rock of Ages II: Bigger & Boulder
May 16
Castlevania Collection
May 21
Team Sonic Racing
Assassin’s Creed III Remastered
Assassin’s Creed III Liberation
Resident Evil 0
Resident Evil HD
Resident Evil 4
Atelier Lulua: Scion of Arland
TT Isle of Man
May 23
Wonder Boy Returns Remix
May 28
Crystal Crisis
Lapis Labyrinth
May 31
Pixark

Not too shabby. Still can’t touch April imo, which was one of my favorite months for Switch releases to date, but ... not bad. Idk what to do with May 21 though. For anyone claiming they wanted to see a new Mario Kart, Team Sonic Racing (and the upcoming Crash Team Racing) are a good alternative, and convince me I have no need of another cart racer any time soon after they release.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

RR529

Beat the second boss in Onimusha Warlords today. Afterwards I backtracked to an earlier area to collect a health upgrade I'm able to access now, but will probably load up the save I made right after beating the boss and go back for it again, because I took an awful lot of unnecessary damage during the backtracking.

BTW, does anyone know how to shoot arrows in this game? I have the bow, and 40 arrows stocked up, but haven't figured out how to use them (I can equip the bow, but none of my attack buttons fire it, unless I'm missing something).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

NintendoByNature

https://www.nintendoenthusiast.com/2019/05/05/shovel-knight-k...

Thought this is pretty interesting. Although not switch specific. May is going to completely make my break my own rule of not playing more than 3 games at once. My for sure is castlevania collection, and resident evil origins. I'd like to get more trust me but ill be tapped out for sure. My maybes and may even have resident evil take a back seat is if cadence of hyrule drops this month. Shakedown looks like a definite grab when on sale or if I hit a lull.. so far I'm looking at $80-100 guaranteed in may. More than i spent all of the switchs lifespan. 🤑

NintendoByNature

EvilLucario

Too much ****ing games. Gotta revisit Castlevania when the 16th rolls around... and my backlog... NOOOOO!

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Ralizah

@NintendoByNature Jesus christ. I can't believe how many separate games I've gotten for buying Shovel Knight years ago.

Really looking forward to playing this on my 3DS.

Currently Playing: Advance Wars 1 + 2: Re- Boot Camp (NS)

NintendoByNature

@Ralizah I know i can't wait. I was bummed as hell when it got delayed. I just hope it gets wedged in a nice window where I have nothing to play at the time , although I'm not optimistic it will be.

NintendoByNature

Ralizah

@NintendoByNature LOL I expect to have no such window for the rest of this generation, at least. I'm heavily considering just skipping the next console gen entirely.

(who am I kidding? Even if I never get a PS5/NextBox, I'll still for sure be purchasing Nintendo's next console)

I usually juggle multiple games anyway, so I'll just squeeze it in somewhere. I'm in no rush to play it.

Edited on by Ralizah

NintendoByNature

@Ralizah haha yea you're probably right. It'll come right when all the games are dropping in July, just watch 😅

NintendoByNature

Grumblevolcano

It'll be kind of surreal when the final Shovel Knight content comes out and as a result the last Wii U game update ever happens. I did check and the BotW Labo VR update that improved load times didn't come to Wii U.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Ralizah

@jak1one Is it just joycon drift? If so, I fixed mine with compressed air shot under the flaps of the joycon stick. Also, recalibrated it several times. Eventually, the drifting stopped.

Edited on by Ralizah

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic