Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 39,061 to 39,080 of 70,105

JaxonH

Zelda BotW was so masterfully crafted, I never once minded the vast expanse. Most other games, it definitely would have been an issue. But not with Zelda. You’re always on the lookout for a puzzle, or a shrine, or a hidden secret... and there’s always something within a stones throw. It never got boring, and was a constant thrill from hour 1 to hour 200.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

@gcunit The Switch was also my first day one console. After following news about it for so long, finally holding it in my hands was surreal. And playing BotW undocked that same day was even more surreal: I never fully believed in the hybrid potential of the Switch until I could actually try it out for myself.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

EvilLucario

@rallydefault "Not a Zelda game"

BotW took Zelda 1 and expanded upon that basic formula. It's still very much a Zelda game, just a type we haven't seen in a long time.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

toiletduck

rallydefault wrote:

@k8sMum
Hate to be the negative Nancy, but if you thought Mario 64 was whole lot of "nothingness" in the world, BotW will show you just how large "nothing" can be lol

It's a fine game, don't get me wrong, and I've spent over a hundred hours and done pretty much everything except getting every Korok Seed, but it's not a Zelda game and the world could have/should have been about a third smaller than what it is.

I really don't agree on that. The small bits of 'walking around in nothingness' made it all the more fulfilling when I stumbled on a Korok seed, shrine or other secret. I totally agree with @JaxonH on this, so it seems to be a matter of taste

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Grumblevolcano

We have a very weird situation inbound, Mortal Kombat 11 supports voice chat via the mobile app.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

HobbitGamer

Bahaha, it sure does! I just looked in my app and it’s right at the top of supported software, above Stardew Valley.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

TuVictus

Honestly it's weird that they designed the app to need specific games be added into it, instead of just being a general chat room that you can invite anyone into. You'd think since it's not even on the dang Switch itself that it wouldn't need game-specific chats lol

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

Aozz101x

New details on Ninja Box, + a Demo is now out in the Japanese eShop (with a code) [D3GM3303QX1BSTGB]

The Secret Employees of “Bukkowa Company,” The Enemy Organization

– They move in the shadows, but their names are the Sunshines
– In Japanese, this is a play on words for Three Company Employees, which is spelled San-Shain-Zu
– Their motto: “Bukkowa, showerrrrrrr!”
– The Sunshines will stand in the way of Tonkachi and friends

Shakunee

– A woman with an insatiable quest for beauty
– It is rumored she devotes her time after 5:00 p.m. almost entirely to beauty
– She deplores the fact that her co-workers are a robot and a gorilla
– Seems to have given up on the idea of inter-company marriage
– She attacks Tonkachi and friends using high-tech drone machinery

Jarisuke

– A robot who is very set against working overtime
– Will ignore orders from the president of the company in order not to do so
– He is sternly cracking down on the company’s incurrence of wasted expenses
– Particularly watchful of Shakune’s actions, as she often fritters away
– In battle, he is a crafty one whose quick movements allow him to hide in an instant

Meshigawara-san

– Ultra elite gorilla that can understand human language
– It can only actually speak the words “uo” and “banana”
– Shakune and Jarisuke have a lot of faith in him
– Attacks Tonkachi and friends using his beloved bananas and wild movements

Bukkowa Company

– Organization of bad guys trying to misuse the Ninja Box
– It seems to have a lot of employees, including its underlings and the secret members known as the “Sunshines”
– There is also an underlings chief who pilots a robot

Demo Download Code

– Demo download code: D3GM3303QX1BSTGB
– Can only be redeemed on the Japanese eShop

https://nintendoeverything.com/ninja-box-enemy-organization-b...

Edited on by Aozz101x

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Ryu_Niiyama

I'd forgotten how much I adore Dragon's Dogma (since my 360 isnt hooked up). And it is so smooth on the go!

-Still wish it had gotten a true sequel though. I know the story doesn't really allow for a sequel with some novel new ideas but it would have been nice to go through the cycle again with say DMC5 graphics. lol.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Grumblevolcano

I wonder what happened to the Starlink update, the February Direct said that would be coming out in April.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NintendoByNature

@IceClimbers game looks super fun. The original grand theft auto on PlayStation was one of my most played games back in the day. But I'm already thinking of getting at least one of the RE games( maybe the origins collection which obviously has two), and castlevania collection. I still have cuphead to finish, xc2 torna, Celeste and gungeon which I picked up in an eshop recently and yoshi which hasn't been opened at this point. But damn shakedown looks good

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

Yet another game to add to May... Pixark. Thankfully it looks like this one will actually run well.

Mortal Kombat XI plays great on Switch btw. Definitely can notice the graphical downgrade on the TV, but, it’s still 60fps and doesn’t have super low resolution, so I’m happy. On handheld it looks just spectacular, and again, great resolution with 60fps. The game is fantastic. It’s been about 15 years since I’ve played Mortal Kombat. Series has really come along way and it feels so good now.

Dragon’s Dogma, also a winner. Doesn’t look quite as dazzling as on my GPD Win 2, but the Switch doesn’t heat up like a toaster oven when playing it, so I say fair trade.

And we have SteamWorld in 2 days. Sigh... multiple great games releasing back to back, but I just can’t. I’m neck deep in Final Fantasy X, and I intend to finish my 2nd playthrough since I’ve come this far (and I wanna give X-2 a proper go this time too).

What am I gonna do with Final Fantasy XII dropping in a week. A FF marathon, that’s what. FFX, then FFX-2, then FFXII. Practically everything in May is gonna pile up in the meantime.

@NintendoByNature
That was you who posted about Saint’s Row preorder discount, right? Thank you. I jumped on that. $35 for digital, which is only 7gb total... need that kind of variety on the SD to have at all times.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

KryptoniteKrunch

Grumblevolcano wrote:

I wonder what happened to the Starlink update, the February Direct said that would be coming out in April.

Yeah, I've been eagerly awaiting that update. I imagine they'll just pull a 'available tomorrow' announcement within this last week or so of April.

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

Aozz101x

NPD revealed March 2019 top

March 2019 - Top 20 Games [Physical/Digital
1. The Division 2
2. Sekiro: Shadow dies Twice
3. MLB 19: The Show
4. Devil May Cry V
5. Super Smash Bros Ultimate*
6. Red Dead Redemption 2
7. NBA 2K19
8. Grand Theft Auto 5
9. Yoshi's Crafted World
10. Call of Duty Black Ops IIII
11. Anthem
12. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
13. Jump Force
14. New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe
15. Far Cry: New Dawn
16. Minecraft
17. Battlefield V
18. The Legends of Zelda Breath of the WIld
19. Borderlands
20. Assassin's Creed Odyssey

Top Nintendo Switch Games
1. Super Smash Bros Ultimate
2. Yoshi's Crafted World
3. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
4. New Super Mario Bros U. Deluxe
5. The Legends of Zelda: Breath of the Wild
6. Super Mario Party
7, Super Mario Odyssey
8. Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu
9. Pokemon Let's Go Eevee
10. Mario & Rabbids: Kingdom Battle

Nintendo 3DS top 10
1. Kirby's Extra Epic Yarn
2. Pokemon Ultra Sun
3. Pokemon Ultra Moon
4. The Legends of Zelda: Majora's Mask
5. Super Mario Maker
6. Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey
7. Super Smash Bros for Nintendo 3DS
8. Mario Kart 7
9. Super Mario 3D Land
10. Luigi's Mansion

2019 Year to Date
1. Kingdom Hearts III
2. The Division 2
3. Anthem
4. Resident Evil 2 Remake
5. Red Dead Redemption 2
6. Jump Force
7. Super Smash Bros Ultimate*
8. Sekiro: Shadow Die Twice
9. Call of Duty: Black Ops IIII
10. New Super Mario Bros U. Deluxe*

12 Months Ending March 2019
1. Red Dead Redemption 2
2. Call of Duty Black Ops IIII
3. NBA 2K19
4. Super Smash Bros. Ultimate*
5. Madden NFL 19
6. Marvel's Spider-Man
7. God of War
8. Assassin's Creed Odyssey
9. FIFA 19
10. Mario Kart 8*

https://nintendoeverything.com/march-2019-npd-top-20-best-sel...
https://nintendoeverything.com/march-2019-npd-best-selling-ga...

Switch was also the best selling platform of the month and Q1.
https://nintendoeverything.com/march-2019-npd-switch-was-the-...

Edited on by Aozz101x

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

k8sMum

I caved and got both games. Loving them both. I just admit I'm already in love with my Switch. I had to google where to put the sd card! I'd never have found the spot, heheh.

A couple of questions: do I put it on sleep mode when it's docked overnight? Are the joycons charging when connected to the console? How do I find out how much charge they have left? Thanks for any help.

Edited on by k8sMum

Switch friend code: SW-2516-0773-8992
Dream Addy: DA-3238-0526-8917

1UP_MARIO

@k8sMum I bought mine near launch and I don’t think I’ve ever switched it off. It’s always in sleep mode in game and when I have the time to play again, boom it wakes up straight to where I left off which is one of the best things I love about the switch.

You can see how much charge it has left by going to the controller icon on the home screen and leaving the joycons on the switch charges everything.

We don't stop playing because we grow old; we grow old because we stop playing.

Toy_Link

@Aozz101x Looks like Yoshi did pretty well for itself considering that it was only on market for 3 days in March.

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic