Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 39,041 to 39,060 of 69,981

TuVictus

It's earth day. It makes sense they'd use Pikmin. I'm not taking that as a tease anymore than those Animal Crossing pics for Spring were a tease.

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

NintendoByNature

Saints row is already discounted on the eshop for anyone interested

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

@NEStalgia
???

Co-op in World? Co-op in Gen Ultimate was definitely not broken, not even remotely close. World had easy co-op, but I wouldn't say broken.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano Shh don't tell @Octane

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

NEStalgia

@JaxonH Yeah, World. The whole "can't start a quest together" mess really killed it for me, sadly Ultimate got that part right, of course.

NEStalgia

k8sMum

I'm finally getting a Switch. My question is: do I get Breath of the Wild or Super Mario Odyssey first.

I love both franchises...

Switch friend code: SW-2516-0773-8992
Dream Addy: DA-3238-0526-8917

FragRed

@k8sMum Firstly, congratulations! Secondly - why not both? Also what accessories you getting?

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

JaxonH

@NEStalgia
Ohhhh, I thought you meant broken as in "too easy to wreck monsters". Ya no, totally agree. That was hogwash

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Ralizah

@k8sMum I think BotW is the better game (still my favorite on the Switch), but it's very different from previous entries. SMO, while it has a different progression structure (more of a collect-a-thon than previous 3D games, imo), still feels like an evolution of what came before it.

BotW is challenging (at the start) and epic. You can lose yourself in the wilds of Hyrule for hours on end as you hunt down shrines/solve puzzles/ambush enemies/find towns/tame horses/etc. SMO, on the other hand, is extremely approachable and is tightly constructed so that you're constantly seeing new stuff.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

k8sMum

@FragRed
I have a hard time spending large amounts of money on myself so baby steps are best, heheh. One good game to start so I don't freak out. I do have a new 128 sd card.

@Ralizah
I remember being blown away by Mario 64 til it all just seemed like open world nothingness. Same with Skyward Sword, which really disappointed me. Does the open world aspect of BoTW have enough to do to justify itself?

I will have both games eventually. I'm just having a hard time deciding which one to get first for the new system.

Edited on by k8sMum

Ralizah

@k8sMum To be frank, the kingdom of Hyrule in BotW is vast, and there is a LOT of open space out there, so it sounds like you might get bored with it. Granted, there's always stuff to find or do, unlike something like Mario 64 where all you do is collect coins, but a lot of the game is undeniably just navigating around the wilds, hunting for food, poking around for secrets, scavenging for weapons, etc.

SMO is also much more open worldy than Mario 64, though. While it has a mostly linear sequence of contained worlds, a lot of those worlds have a lot of room to navigate and explore than previous 3D Mario games.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

k8sMum

@Ralizah I don't mind grinding. I'm a bit of a Dragon Quest fanatic. I like open world if there is enough to do, ie collecting, etc.

I know it's my decision to make and I appreciate your opinions.

EvilLucario

I got Monster Hunter World a few weeks ago and immediately modded Xenoblade 2 characters into my game because of course it's me.

Still need to get used to the combat (picked the Long Sword), but I had more fun in only 30 minutes of MHW (at 6 hours now) compared to 7 hours of Final Fantasy XV which was just so goddamn boring.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

IceClimbers

Not really expecting much news from Nintendo themselves outside of the investors meeting until E3 honestly. That being said, we should hopefully get the ball rolling on Sword/Shield news when CoroCoro scans come in around the 12th. Expecting the box legends and maybe the new professor to be revealed.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

gcunit

@k8sMum If in doubt, always go in release order.

Having my copy of BotW arrive on the same day (Day 1 ftw!) as my Switch was a really special experience. I'd never bought a console Day 1 before, so can't actually compare it, but BotW really felt like my purchase was instantly justified, like when my bro bought an Xbox and Halo.

BotW should be anyone's first Switch experience, unless they've already played it on Wii U.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Grumblevolcano

@IceClimbers I think we'll see more on Mario Maker 2, Fire Emblem Three Houses, mobile games and Pokemon Sword/Shield before E3 but not much else.

Mario Maker 2 launches in June so we'll know pretty much everything about the game before E3, with Three Houses there's the FE expo in May, investors love news on mobile games so news on MKT/DMW seems likely and TPC usually does a Pokemon Direct around a week before E3.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Anti-Matter

@ReaderRagfish
Btw, did you play Monster Hunter series ?
What do you think about Monster Hunter Stories 3DS ?
Is that spin off will be suitable for a gamer like me ?

Anti-Matter

k8sMum

@gcunit
Oh, I like that rule! Using the release order as the deciding factor takes away all my agonizing over the decision (and yes, I do tend to agonize over things like this).

Decision made! Thanks muchly.

rallydefault

@k8sMum
Hate to be the negative Nancy, but if you thought Mario 64 was whole lot of "nothingness" in the world, BotW will show you just how large "nothing" can be lol

It's a fine game, don't get me wrong, and I've spent over a hundred hours and done pretty much everything except getting every Korok Seed, but it's not a Zelda game and the world could have/should have been about a third smaller than what it is.

rallydefault

IceClimbers

@Grumblevolcano Eh, unless there's other games to announce I doubt they'll do a Pokemon Direct. I'd expect Sword/Shield info to follow the cycle seen with X/Y and Sun/Moon: a reveal early in the year, then nothing until May followed by bi-weekly if not weekly trailer drops until the game releases.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic