Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 39,041 to 39,060 of 45,949

NintendoByNature

Reggies dipping out before Nintendo announces animal crossing is delayed to 2020 😂

NintendoByNature

DarkRula

Xbox Game Pass on Switch rumour.

This whole Xbox on Switch stuff really seems to be gaining a lot of traction now. Seems the near future is going to be very interesting to see just what happens.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

link3710

@FragRed At least we know we'll have good parental controls under Bowser's leadership.

EDIT: That Gamepass rumor... man I'm hoping something comes of all this Xbox on Switch talk.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

KryptoniteKrunch

That's crazy if true. Heck, even if its fake, at least give us Rare Replay, the Ori games and Cuphead.

Now playing: Skyrim, Valkyria Chronicles 4, SNES app

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

Grumblevolcano

These Xbox on Switch rumours are getting to insane levels.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FragRed

@link3710 "At least we know we'll have good parental controls under Bowser's leadership." - Parental controls now removes any indication of Mario from all games and general media

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

HobbitGamer

I mean, we’ll just discount the fact that Switch can’t natively run those games, let alone store them.

Anyone else remember that the whole ‘xbox Switch’ thing was just a third party announcing development for internal communication systems. Like crossplay ability.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

kobashi100

If this MS gamepass rumor is true then I am very excited.

Plus if MS port ori to switch that's a day 1 purchase

kobashi100

FragRed

@JackEatsSparrows If there is any truth in the GamePass rumour, it'll likely be only certain games that will see the light of day on the Switch - Microsoft funded indie games like Ori and Cuphead, games from Rare Replay and possibly last generation Microsoft titles that shouldn't have any real problem running on the hardware. But I don't expect anything more, not during this incarnation of the Switch hardware at least.

However I do remain skeptical of this whole thing. What does Nintendo get out of this for example, other than Microsoft exclusives? Or is that enough for Nintendo to be happy to allow it on their system.

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

JaxonH

Ya, native games would be limited to the likes of Ori and the Blind Forest (though to be perfectly honest that’s the best game on the Xbox One), and possibly follow up with Cuphead and Rare Replay (and maybe the Ori sequel). Everything else would just be streaming, basically turning X1/NS into a PS4/Vita remote play combo.

Even just getting Ori would be a massive win for Nintendo (and Xbox). A game like that caters perfectly to the audience, and the fact it’s one of the best 2D metroidvanias ever created means it would sell crazy numbers on Switch. That would make Xbox happy, it would make Nintendo happy, and Nintendo fans would be happy.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
NS: The Witcher 3, Dragon Quest XI S, Ori and the Blind Forest, Ni No Kuni, Astral Chain

Jesus is Lord.

CLICK HERE For My Switch Collection

EvilLucario

It is clear that Microsoft is edging more and more to services and just want to get their games out to everyone possible. It started with Play Anywhere and it'll perhaps continue with this potential expansion.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Diddy64

KryptoniteKrunch wrote:

Heck, even if its fake, at least give us Rare Replay, the Ori games and Cuphead.

This^

Undergoing games: Donkey Kong Country 2, Final Fantasy VII, Spyro The Dragon (Reignited Trilogy).

Ralizah

Oh my god, I want Rare Replay on Switch so bad. Viva Pinata and the Banjo games alone would make it one of the greatest collections ever. I'd also buy Cuphead again, because... man, what a fantastic experience that was.

Never played Ori, as I'm a bit burnt out on Metroidvanias, but it looks pretty enough.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

Diddy64

Ralizah wrote:

I want Rare Replay on Switch so bad. Viva Pinata and the Banjo games alone would make it one of the greatest collections ever.

Not to mention that this can increase the possibilities of the original Diddy Kong Racing to be on Nintendo Switch Online Service in the future 😊

Undergoing games: Donkey Kong Country 2, Final Fantasy VII, Spyro The Dragon (Reignited Trilogy).

JaxonH

Trials Rising... ok.

Saw the article and immediately lost it due to the discrepancy on display.

However, having now played the beta for myself, I can say I spoke too soon. The game actually looks really good, and every other level in the game looks normal. The resolution is good, even in handheld mode, and while there was one or two instances where the game very briefly stuttered, I’ve had basically no issues with the frame rate or supposed “lag”.

I had actually canceled my pre-order after raging reading that article. But having played it for myself now I’m sold on the game. I should’ve played it first before jumping to conclusions but, it just seemed like the entire game was a disaster from that first level comparison. As it turns out that’s not really the case and even the first level actually looks pretty good. Probably not in comparison to otuer versions but, they made it seem dusty like in a desert, and honestly if I hadn’t seen the others versions rendition of the stage I wouldn’t have questioned it whatsoever

@Ralizah
Ori is a phenomenal game. It’s like, the one game that takes Nintendo to task and beats them at their own game.

Edited on by JaxonH

PLAYING
NS: The Witcher 3, Dragon Quest XI S, Ori and the Blind Forest, Ni No Kuni, Astral Chain

Jesus is Lord.

CLICK HERE For My Switch Collection

Grumblevolcano

What I'd like the most with Rare Replay is a Nintendo edition that adds in Nintendo games that Rare made like the original DKC trilogy, DK64, DKR, Star Fox Adventures, etc.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

gcunit

I love the vibe in Ori, but in terms of gameplay, I think I would put it behind Hollow Knight and Guacamelee. I got a bit bored once I got to the swimming section and have been meaning to go back to it to finish the game, but haven't yet.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Anti-Matter

Imagine if Nintendo Switch as Remote play of Xbox One.
The Sims 4 from Xbox One version appears on Nintendo Switch screen, i will react 😮😮😮

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

RedderRugfish

i will react 😮😮😮 if they make The Sims Fore, a game where you take care of a family of golf balls.

Mario Maker 2: JN2-5GV-VTF
Latest Level: The Mario Repair Shop 361-D5D-1CG

kobashi100

@FragRed streaming dude. That's how switch will play them high end MS games

Oh and if this partnership ends up getting Master Chief in smash Bros then wow!

Edited on by kobashi100

kobashi100

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic