Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 38,901 to 38,920 of 70,008

HobbitGamer

@JaxonH Glad you enjoyed it! I had loads of fun after trying mine this morning, too. And I built a head strap and tinkered in the garage more. There’s a wealth of stuff in this software package, it really is a steal for the amount of fun I’m having.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

JaxonH

@AlohaPizzaJack
That blaster single handedly changed my entire opinion of LABO VR. They did an incredible job with that.

They should release NintendoLand VR, compatible with the Blaster and Camera and the other Toy-Con from the set. Or even just a more robust game using the blaster. I know it’s like an hour long, and you can replay each mission to shoot for a higher score, but... I would love to see a stand-alone $40 VR game using that blaster. Tie it in with Metroid like NintendoLand did. Make it an on rails Metroid VR game fighting space pirates, and make the models more simple like NintendoLand did. Or just stick with the theme in the blaster game. That would be fine.

I just want as much of this Blaster as possible. It’s too good to let it stay isolated

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

PokeMario

From what I've heard most stores are honoring it.

PokeMario

JaxonH

LABO VR Headstrap solution for $6.99

Elastic Velcro Headband Strap for Google Cardboard

Untitled

Untitled

And if you’re looking for a solution that does not adhere to the visor in any permanent way, you can cut this strap to be used how NintendoWorldReport describes in their video

Personal Reflector Strap

Some VR Numbers
In case anyone was wondering about where LABO VR falls in the spectrum compared to other products, I have some numbers for you.

PSVR is 1920 x 1080 pixels, and the 1920 is cut in half to split between each eye. So 960 x 1080.
LABO-VR is 1280 x 720 pixels, and the 1280 is cut in half to split between each eye. So 640 x 720.

So LABO-VR has exactly 2/3 as many horizontal pixels as PSVR, and exactly 2/3 as many vertical pixels as PSVR. Which means LABO-VR has (2/3) x (2/3) = 4/9 the total pixel count as PSVR. Just under half.

So if you’re looking for a general, rough ballpark estimate of where LABO-VR falls, take PSVR, cut the pixel count in half (or by 1/3 in each direction) and there ya go. That’s LABO-VR. It’s a noticeable difference, yes. But perhaps not as much as some might have suspected.

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

HobbitGamer

@JaxonH That kinda beats my $12 solution. I couldn’t find any Velcro at the store today

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

NintendoByNature

I never got a chance to run over to target today. Did anyone find out if xc2 was $20? I saw online torna was marked down to $20 but it said $50 for xc2 online

NintendoByNature

kkslider5552000

JaxonH wrote:

They should release NintendoLand VR

any idea that gives Nintendoland a second chance is good imo. Considering how it entirely failed to sell the Wii U (even if its arguable at best that it had any hand in that problem), I could make the case its one of the most underappreciated Nintendo games of all time when compared to the massive success of the pretty basic original Wii Sports.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

JaxonH

@kkslider5552000
Ya. I think... very few software titles are actually capable of selling hardware by the truckload (Wii Sports and Zelda belonging to a very exclusive group of titles). And even those few don’t stand a chance if the hardware itself is generally unappealing.

NintendoLand was an amazing game. Definitely one of the most under-appreciated games from Nintendo in the last decade. It probably sold pretty well just because it was bundled with so many systems but, I don’t think too many people actually gave it a fair chance. People wanted it to be the next Wii Sports, and blamed it for not shifting Wii U’s. “If only Nintendo had released a better launch title!” I heard it said. Unfortunately, not even Breath of the Wild could have saved the Wii U. It was too unappealing, had too many issues (Super clunky OS, heavy controller that most didn’t care for or want to give a chance, and those of us that did give it a chance found out years later that it maybe wasn’t as good of an idea as we all thought, the graphics were a full generation behind yet offered no significant benefit in return, unlike Switch which offers PS3-grade handheld gaming in return, etc)

That DK mini game, Zelda mini game, Pikmin mini game and Metroid mini game were 24 carat (the F-Zero was disappointing though)

Aozz101x

a new opening movie and ring shot mode for Mario Tennis Aces has been added for version 3.0.0
https://nintendoeverything.com/mario-tennis-aces-update-out-n...

Edited on by Aozz101x

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Ralizah

https://www.dualshockers.com/mortal-kombat-11-switch-preview-...

A text preview of the Switch version. Seems like the texture detail has been sacrificed somewhat to maintain the 60fps framerate. Despite the sacrifices needed to make it run, the author of the piece seems impressed with it considering the hardware it's running on.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Toy_Link

The Art of Splatoon 2 will be released October 15th in both North America and Europe. You can currently prepurchase it on Amazon right now.

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

Grumblevolcano

@JaxonH NSMBU was the more problematic launch title to be honest. While it's a good game, it is just another NSMB game with a NSMB game released on 3DS a few months earlier.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Anti-Matter

LEGO Star Wars again.... 🙄
I was hoping LEGO Sport City without any weird Western superheroes or Star Wars alike franchises.

Anti-Matter

MarioVillager92

@Grumblevolcano I do like how the Wii U launched with a Mario title - a solid one at that. But yes, NSMBU came out at a time when people were getting sick of Mario games coming out one after another. It sadly didn't help the Wii U that much as a result. Splatoon and Super Mario Maker would have made better launch titles, honestly, but it is what it is, there's no turning back the clock.

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Grumblevolcano

@MarioLover92 I think if the Wii U was successful the Switch wouldn't have existed, instead we would've probably got the split between home console and handheld again. So like a home console around the power of OG PS4/XB1 with discs in like 2018 and a 480p dual screen handheld in 2019.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DarkRula

To be fair, TT Games know that LEGO City Undercover was well recieved. The fact it got ported to every current console last year shows that. Could very well be there's another original coming soon. But it would be foolish to not have a LEGO Star Wars game to end the saga considering the popularity of the franchise.

But if there's one coming, why would it not be revealed during a panel called 20 Years of LEGO Star Wars? Are they waiting for May the Fourth?

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

MarioVillager92

@Grumblevolcano That is very true. It's interesting to think about what alternate realities would have been. Nintendo certainly learned quite a bit from the Wii U era

"Give yourself the gift of being joyfully you."

ACNH Name/Island: D-Pad/D-World
Dream Address: DA-1613-1378-1995

Also known as MarioLover92. Please ask for my Switch FC if you want to play online with me. Thanks!

My Nintendo: MarioLover

Magician

I'm a sucker for the Lego games. I wonder how many of the old licenses are still paid and active? Batman, Hobbit, Avengers, Jurassic World, Indiana Jones, Lord of the Rings, Pirates of the Caribbean, etc. They're all bargain-bin-buys in my eyes, but I still want them on Switch.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,251 games (as of April 24th, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

DarkRula

Star Wars and Harry Potter are the two that I know are still around, as are DC and Marvel. Batman comes under the DC licence [I think], Avengers under Marvel. Disney have recently been relicenced, as LEGO Incredibles and the new Toy Story sets shows. Everything except the obscure or one-off stuff is still around. It just depends on the popularity and current happenings of the series.

And now I've just realised we might get a LEGO Toy Story game.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic