Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 38,881 to 38,900 of 43,621

WebHead

You guys already know how I feel about how they handle their online.

WebHead

3DS Friend Code: 4296-3217-6922 | Nintendo Network ID: JTPrime

RedderRugfish

WebHead wrote:

Not everything is about exclusives.

Didn't you just wish Sony would showcase some of their first party games?

Mario Maker 2: JN2-5GV-VTF
Latest Level: The Mario Repair Shop 361-D5D-1CG

WebHead

@ReaderRagfihs in a different thread. This is about Nintendo. Could use me an update on doom eternal and control though. I'm hype AF for those.

Edit: but yes I am frustrated with sony as of late too.

Edited on by WebHead

WebHead

BenGrimm

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I’ve no idea why people get so worked up over release dates and updates. If I want a game then that’s good enough for me. I’ll be buying Luigis Mansion no matter what. Knowing it comes out in 2019 or 14:30 on a cloudy Saturday in the last week of November makes no difference at all.

BenGrimm

Knuckles-Fajita

@WebHead Alright well lot's add third party to the list, going just from memory here.

Team Sonic Racing - May 2019
Dragons Dogma - April 2019
Final Fantasy X|X-2 - April 2019
Final Fantasy 12 - April 2019
Final Fantasy 9 - 2019
Final Fantasy 7 - 2019
Crash Team Racing - June 2019
Mortal Kombat 11 - April 2019
Dragon Quest 11 S - 2019
Bloodstained - 2019
Digimon Survive - 2019
Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicles - 2019
Indivisible - 2019
Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 3 - 2019
Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney Trilogy - 2019
Vampyr - 2019
Windjammers 2 - 2019
Arena of Valor - 2019
A Hat in Time - 2019
CrossCode - 2019
Chocobo's Mystery Dungeon - 2019
FNAF - 2019
Killer Queen Black - 2019
Saints Row The Third - 2019
Resident Evil - 2019
Resident Evil 4 - 2019
Resident Evil 0 - 2019
Terraria - 2019
Trine 4 - 2019

The list goes on and on. Sure, are the western companies there? No. But just western companies does not a console library make.

And if you cant find anything in this list to like...you probably have them on PS4 and dont want to play them portably, which leads to further questions...

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

WebHead

I should probably just accept that nintendo's stuff isn't for me anymore then. Also not intereated in ports I can play on ps or xbox with cheaper prices and sometimes superior visuals like doom. Not fiull price double dipping on first party won't do it for third party either.

Edited on by WebHead

WebHead

Knuckles-Fajita

@WebHead Methinks that's a wise choice. Like when I sold my Xbox 360 because what was there just wasn't doing it for me.

And why I waited so long on a PS4, because the games just weren't there.

Never buy something because its the hot new item. Buy it because you want to play stuff on it. And I dont mean that as in buy it and then buy stuff because you want to be using it.

NLI Discord:

Dogorilla

Honestly that's a pretty amazing line-up. I'm at least somewhat interested in about 80% of the games on those Switch lists, and it's only February so there are bound to be dozens more great games revealed throughout the year. (Didn't Arena of Valor already come out though?)

Currently Playing: Super Mario Maker 2 (Switch), Pokémon Conquest (DS), Severed (Wii U), The Sims 4 (PC)

bluemage1989

As much as I love Nintendo and Japanese support the lack of western games can be frustrating at times. Call of Duty, Madden, Assassins Creed and the like might not be everyone's cup of tea but even just one entry in those franchises would make me a happy man.

Edited on by bluemage1989

SW 6041 0289 6234

Currently Playing:

Switch: Super Smash Bros: Ultimate, Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze, Arms and Mario Odyssey.

N64: Top Gear Rally.

Mega Drive: Streets of Rage 1, 2 and 3.

SNES: F Zero and Donkey Kong Country.

EvilLucario

Most Western AAA games are garbage to mediocre anyway. The Witcher 3 for example has terrible combat.

Edited on by EvilLucario

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

GyroZeppeli

BuT WITchEr 3 Is ThE bEst gamE of all timE. NoThIng can bE wrong wITh IT.

Please notify me if you want to add me on Switch before sending a request. It makes my life easier.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

HobbitGamer

I’d probably enjoy a Madden on Switch more than previous console titles. I used to grab an off year copy for like $20, play it off and on during the NFL season. I always figured if I got 40-50 hours in during a season I was getting my money’s worth.

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

EvilLucario

@GyroZeppeli When people talk about Witcher 3 it's always about the story, graphics, and consumer friendly practices. Nearly everywhere I go, I hear that the combat is garbage and playing the game really reaffirmed that for myself.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

JaxonH

Ya, the delay in response in favor of “pushing realism” is what ultimately drew me away from Witcher 3. It was still a great game, and by no means do I wish to imply otherwise, but the fact is I did lose interest in it and a big part of that was the gameplay mechanics. If it ever came to Switch I’d certainly give it another go, but aside from that I don’t think I’ll ever go back to it.

Nomura just said they’re looking at putting Kingdom Hearts on Switch (and “other” platforms). I figured they would. They’ll get that series on Switch or die trying. Square Enix is riding high on Switch euphoria right now, dumping entire swaths of their portfolio on Switch as fast as their programmers can type the code. Seems they also trademarked Secret of Mana, Final Fantasy Adventure and Mystic Quest in EU. Wonder is the collection coming west, or is the Remake being ported to Switch (probably the latter- they’re unlikely to fully translate the Collection).

https://nintendosoup.com/kingdom-hearts-possible-to-release-f...

Also, see this

https://nintendosoup.com/emily-rogers-up-to-11-unannounced-fi...

Edited on by JaxonH

NOW PLAYING
NS: Dragon Quest Builders 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, God Eater 3, Mario Maker 2, Valkyria Chronicles 4, Final Fantasy XII
PS4: Judgement
PSVR / Vita / X1 / PC / Rift / Win2 / WiiU / 3DS: [nothing]

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

Knuckles-Fajita

Ah yes, Emily Rogers "Destiny and Mario Maker on Switch". Uhuh.

NLI Discord:

bluemage1989

EvilLucario wrote:

Most Western AAA games are garbage to mediocre anyway. The Witcher 3 for example has terrible combat.

To be fair garbage and mediocrity isn't just limited to the west and there are probably a lot of people who think the majority of eastern games are poor. However, for someone like myself who enjoys games from both sides of the world it is a shame the Switch doesn't have the level of support it could have from western developers.

SW 6041 0289 6234

Currently Playing:

Switch: Super Smash Bros: Ultimate, Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze, Arms and Mario Odyssey.

N64: Top Gear Rally.

Mega Drive: Streets of Rage 1, 2 and 3.

SNES: F Zero and Donkey Kong Country.

Galarian_Lassie

@Knuckles-Fajita Didn’t she help spread the rumor that Mother 3 was going to be announced at the January 2017 presentation, because 1-Up studio was invited.

Where am I going! Nowhere, unless if I say otherwise!

EvilLucario

@bluemage1989 It isn't limited to the West, no, and there was a time when Japanese games weren't really delivering. But I've played a big chunk of games that people were really raving about like Horizon Zero Dawn and The Witcher 3, and I've found myself thinking that "ok the game looks good, but it plays like trash and isn't exactly remarkable". On the other hand when I was playing Bloodborne and Dark Souls and even Nioh, those games shined way more than almost any recent Western AAA game I've played.

The only Western AAA game in recent times that I've really enjoyed was probably Doom 2016 and I'll be picking up Doom Eternal as soon as possible.

Edited on by EvilLucario

Anti-Matter

Nintendo LABO toy Cons 04 confirmed!

My Top 6 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (100)
2. Dragon Quest Builders 2 PS4/Switch (95)
3. The Sims 4 PS4 + All contents (93)
4. Portal Knights PS4 (90)
5. Final Fantasy VIII PS1 (90)
6. Animal Crossing New Leaf: Welcome Amiibo 3DS (89)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608 | 3DS Friend Code: 2638-4872-0879 | Nintendo Network ID: TAGunderground

JaxonH

Every time there’s insider information, the first thing people typically do is try to find an instance of them being wrong to justify refutation of any claims.

There is no one on this planet who has a perfect track record when it comes to the business of espionage, when your currency is unverified rumors and leaks (ask the US government if you don’t believe me). It comes with the territory. But there are some proven reasonably reliable. I remember all the times certain people are right. I remember when Directs are leaked before they air, when LA Noire was leaked before it dropped, when Dark Souls was revealed before the announcement, when NSMBU was told to be coming ahead of its official announcement... I remember all these things. There are a few people who are on the money more than not. And a lot of times when something doesn’t pan out as expected, it’s not because the information was wrong. It’s because plans change. Like Metroid Prime Trilogy. We have it on good authority from more than one extremely reliable source, that at the very least the game exists, and at most is already completed. Why then wasn’t it announced when they expected? Change of plans. Metroid Prime 4 delay, surely. In hindsight, it makes perfect sense to us. Before the delay was announced though, there was no explanation. It just seemed like people were “wrong”.

Below is running tally of all leaks, sources, and whether the claims have panned out, been proven false, or simply as-of-yet unconfirmed. Interestingly, it was stated Final Fantasy XIII trilogy and Metroid Prime Trilogy are coming to Switch, and that a “Switch Lite” was coming first before a Pro model. Later we heard the official Nikkei report about a Switch Lite. Liam Roberston claimed Resident Evil 4 and RE Remake are coming and Capcom is looking for a studio to port Monster Hunter World. So, he predicted the RE games coming to Switch (which was true), which lends credence to the part about MH World being ported over. Which frankly, at this point with the raging success of Switch and known blockbuster sales of the franchise on Nintendo platforms, is a no brainer. Provided there’s no contracts forbidding it, I see no reason why Capcom wouldn’t bend over backwards to make that happen. There was a time where I thought such a thing would be a pipe dream, but now it’s looking pretty likely. At the very least, a “portable-ized” version of it.

Compiled List of All Rumors and Leaks, Sources, and Confirmat...

FYI
Watch out for anything King Zhell says. The guy is as close to Miss Cleo as they come. Top shelf pedigree, long verifiable history of accuracy. And he says Metroid Prime Trilogy is coming, as is a 2D Zelda, and in 2020 a BotW sequel/add-on of some sort.

Edited on by JaxonH

NOW PLAYING
NS: Dragon Quest Builders 2, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, God Eater 3, Mario Maker 2, Valkyria Chronicles 4, Final Fantasy XII
PS4: Judgement
PSVR / Vita / X1 / PC / Rift / Win2 / WiiU / 3DS: [nothing]

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic