Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 38,601 to 38,620 of 40,182

NEStalgia

@Tsurii VC1 feels like a good story but a needless port, since, IMO, VC4 is more or less a "remake" of 1 but with different characters and a different story. Gameplay wise it feels like a do-over, of the same ideas redone but with the lessons learned from the fist. But it's still VC. They still through RNG at you too much.

@JackEatsSparrows Yeah, it's really as good as the Plsyatnatin. Now I want Labo Amiibo.

NEStalgia

ReaderRagfihs

Stuff like New Super Mario Bros, New Leaf, and Tropical Freeze played it pretty safe.

Stuff like Mario 3D Land/World, Fire Emblem Awakening, and Link Between Worlds is debatable.

Stuff like Splatoon, Mario Maker, and Kid Icarus did not play it safe.

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

Wiimmfi Friend Codes: http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/wii/2019_wiids_friend_code_thread
Wii/DS games online post shutdown

IceClimbers

@Tsurii Been feeling similar, but with Crash instead of VC. Weird physics and hitboxes are making it a bit frustrating. Of course that's how the original was like. Just frustrating that I'm not moving through the game very quickly when I have so many other titles in my backlog.

During this whole week and a half that I've been playing Crash I could've finished Wolfenstein and Outlast at the very least.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

EvilLucario

@Tsurii Are you leveling up your Scouts and Snipers? In Chapter 10-A, those two are amazing and they can clean up shop by picking away at everything.

In Chapter 10-B, take it slowly and let the Western enemies come to you, then pick them off with your Shocktroopers. Focus on getting half of your party over while leaving the other guys behind at base, then clean house.

Not much RNG needed unless they deliberately dodge your shots, which is annoying (and they can even dodge your grenades and flamethrowers)

Edited on by EvilLucario

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Ralizah

$%#@$^% helicopter mom Nintendo, I swear to God.

PSA: If you're using headphones on your Switch and the volume sounds low... then it's probably because it is.

There's apparently a setting in the System sub-menu that is on by default and lowers the max headphones volume. Disabling that allowed me to get a normal level of volume in my headphones when playing games.

I had no idea this was a thing.

BTW: the music player function in Smash works brilliantly if you detach the joycons, turn off the screen, and stick the tablet in your pocket.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

subpopz

Ralizah wrote:

There's apparently a setting in the System sub-menu that is on by default and lowers the max headphones volume. Disabling that allowed me to get a normal level of volume in my headphones when playing games.

I didn't know Switch had this either. Doesn't surprise me though, the last couple phones and tablets we've had have had the same thing on by default. My phone will pop up a message though telling me I can't go any higher until I disable it.

Switch - Tetris 99, Portal Knights, Owl Boy
3DS -
PC - Guild Wars 2

Switch FC : SW-1091-9839-4896

Ralizah

@subpopz I would have appreciated a heads-up from the system. Instead, I just happened to go looking through the settings to see if I could increase the volume in some way, and just stumbled across it.

I like the way my phone does it. No changing settings. Once you start increasing the volume, it temporarily stops at the "safe max" and warns you about the possible dangers of going higher... and then let's you. I get the warning every time, but it's still reasonably unobstrusive.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

EvilLucario

@Ralizah I turned that off day one since I love fiddling with settings after I get new tech, but yeah I don't understand why that's a thing. Let me turn it up as much as I want, damn it.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

AlohaPizzaJack

@EvilLucario that’s what I do. Sure it means the first set up takes forever, but boy do I learn all sorts of tricks 😂

#TeamPineapple
#MeatAndGreet

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Ryu_Niiyama

Ralizah wrote:

$%#@$^% helicopter mom Nintendo, I swear to God.

PSA: If you're using headphones on your Switch and the volume sounds low... then it's probably because it is.

I had no idea this was a thing.

BTW: the music player function in Smash works brilliantly if you detach the joycons, turn off the screen, and stick the tablet in your pocket.

My phone does that too. Figured that was standard.

Taiko is good for the soul. Let the drums fill you with FIRE! Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14 I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Jimez

Thought it was standard, my phone also has that feature. Just found the setting for the headphones in the Switch menu, i'll be adjusting accordingly. Was wondering why the headphones i use are louder on PS4 than on Switch.

Jimez

DannyBoi

So apparently firmware 7.0 is coming soon. Hope it brings more features. Messaging friends?

Destiny, justice and retribrution will be mine.

link3710

@DannyBoi Not gonna happen in a million years. If we're lucky it might include a handful of new profile icons for Smash and/or Torna, that's the best case scenario in my opinion.

link3710

NEStalgia

@DannyBoi pleaseletithavefolderspleaseletithavefolderspleaseletithavefolders.......

@Ralizah Hello? Is this Ralizah? Yeah, so, this is 2019 calling, and we just wanted to let you know about some things you should expect in any device you buy. Did you know that on a modern transistor radio there are two bands called AM and FM? If you haven't tried this switch, you might be missing some stations!

Seriously, I haven't seen many devices that don't have the volume limiter on by default. I think it's from the "solve the ambulance chasing lawyers concerns" department. My phone doesn't let me turn it off, I always get the warnings. On a device going to lots of kids, it makes sense to suppress the warning out of the box. Any time I get a new device or even app, or even game, the first thing I do is check the settings to make sure nothing stupid is set. Switch thankfully has few to go through. Android devices are a major PITA to verify every setting on. Doubly so for Samsung that adds their own 3 layers of stupid. Do you know how many menus you have to go through to finally find the "are you REALLY sure you don't want us to monitor every single location you've ever visited in your life forever? It could mean you get less helpful advertising!" button.

I forgot that setting was there since like March 2017 But that's probably still a wise setting to enable by default....kids these days have the hearing of 80 year olds with blasting their headphones way too high.

(Disclaimer, I'm a guy who amplifies headphones through a pair of 400W monoblocks (not as bad as it sounds at headphone impedance) @Ryu_Niiyama understands.... )

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

DannyBoi

@link3710 It was reported by data miners on the 21st and they said it would come within 48 hours. Bit late;). Your take on it?

link3710

@DannyBoi Well, I think we'll see additional language support added most likely, since they announced Chinese and Korean would be added last week. SNES games stuff might happen in the background, but there's no need for that to launch simultaneously with the update. Chances are we'll get a Peachette icon or something, which... meh. Smash icons seem highly unlikely, as does Torna at this point, and Pokemon is a hard no. So yeah, I think for the average end user on the forum, we won't see anything but a few new icons, and even that's a maybe.

As for why it's late? Hackers are wrong, why would they know the date anyways?

Edited on by link3710

link3710

Grumblevolcano

If an update was to happen this week, between 11 and 18 hours from now seems mostly likely. There's 2 batches of online Switch maintenance, tomorrow at 1-4am and 5-8am (UK time for both).

As for contents I agree with @link3710 but more than just Peachette for example Blue Toad, Yellow Toad, Toadette, Nabbit, Bowser Jr. and the Koopalings.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

DannyBoi

@Grumblevolcano Nintendo Life did an article on maintence this week. I believe dates they gave were 23rd 24th and 28th. And the maintence for today happened early this morning. Unless I am mistaken.

DannyBoi

@Grumblevolcano Strange they are having so much maintence this week.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic