Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 35,681 to 35,700 of 69,995

JaxonH

@NEStalgia
Even I didn’t buy the NES Classic. Although I did buy one for my dad. He’s 76, listens to Fats Domino and doesn’t understand the Internet isn’t actually part of his computer. But he loves the original Super Mario Bros (he owned a pawn shop most of my life growing up, and gave me a used NES when I was a kid- he taught me how to play that Mario game).

I do like the SNES classic though. Just mod it and dump it full of all the best SNES games and GBA games. Easiest way to get all the SNES and GBA Fire Emblem game’s on your TV with a retro controller and virtual restore points. I have them on my Wii U, but it requires booting that slow, prehistoric clunker of an OS and then booting the Wii OS up, and then booting into homebrew, and then starting the emulator, then finding the game... ya no. SNES classic is the easiest way in my opinion. Unless you want to play on 3DS but frankly, I’m tired of playing on that system. Bigger screen and HD, please.

I’d say pass on the NES classic though. Switch isn’t good for very much when it comes to Nintendo’s virtual console (3rd Party is a different story- Atari Classics, SNK Collection, Capcom Beat Em Up Collection, Mega Man Collections, Mega Man X Collections, Street Fighter Collections, Sega Genesis Collection, Namco Museum, Wild Guns Reloaded, Sega AGES, NeoGeo Classics, Arcade Archives, etc) BUT, it is good for one thing... and that’s NES.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

bluemage1989

@NEStalgia i think the whole purpose of the NES/SNES mini was to tap in to that nostalgia of lapsed gamers and bring them back in to gaming without having to invest in a regular console (id be curious how many people picked up a Switch to see how much gaming has evolved since there younger days) while more regular gamers would be aware a lot of this content has been available for years on VC. Should you buy them?? There nice little machines but with NSO expanding library they become less and less viable. I have both and there both set up and i dip in from time to time and i think for there reasonable price there worth buying for the novelty but far from must owns.

Cable length though man i know they were going for authenticity but im way to old to be sat on the floor in front of the tv these days!!

bluemage1989

Aozz101x

Walmart Canada lists a Super Mario Party Bundle coming soon
https://nintendoeverything.com/walmart-canada-lists-super-mar...

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Therad

@JaxonH yeah, the SNES classic is the way to go. While the NES was a good console at the time, it hasn't really aged well. Far to many bugs and at the time not many cared for things such as good level designs.

Therad

grizzgolf

Where would I go to find out what old school games are on the switch for me to play? Like SMW DKC and so on?

grizzgolf

Grumblevolcano

@grizzgolf Nintendo has so far decided to lay low on the retro front for Switch. There's a NES app you get if you subscribe to Nintendo Switch Online that gets 3 new games per month, there's also some Nintendo Arcade games you can buy outside the subscription but that's about it for Nintendo.

If you're interested in other retro stuff (i.e. non-Nintendo), SEGA has the SEGA AGES line, Hamster released a bunch of NEOGEO games and some retro collections are present like SEGA Genesis Collection and Mega Man Legacy Collections.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

Some good prices on Civilization VI at Best Buy ($49.99 or $39.99 w/GCU) and Starlink Starfox Pack ($34.99 or $27.99 w/GCU) and LA Noire ($19.99 or $15.99 w/GCU) and Diablo III ($39.99 or $31.99 w/GCU)

Edited on by JaxonH

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Alantor28

Quick question. I just started playing Monster Hunter Generations Ultimate on my Switch, and I am wondering something. Should I do online multiplayer quests first before I tackle the single player quests, meaning should I get better equipment and weapons by doing multiplayer quests?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698
PSN: MMX20

JaxonH

@Alantor28
You want to focus on single player until you get the hang of the game. You absolutely NEED the MHGU Database App which is available for both Android and iOS, for free. It tells you which quests are required to advance to the next rank. The game doesn’t tell you this, which means you very well might do every single 1 Star Quest before you finally advance to 2 star rank. And since most of the quests in the early game are gathering quests and killing small monsters and things of that nature you will probably get bored of the game and turn it off before ever realizing it’s grandeur.

My advice is do the key quests up until 3 star rank, then farm Tetsucabra for his armor set. The materials you need for the complete set are in the app and you can easily add his armor set to your wish list and keep track of the materials you still need and where to find the materials you don’t yet have.

But you don’t want to neglect the multiplayer because the progress is separate. If you get too far in the single player, it’ll feel like a chore catching up in the multiplayer later. Of course your armor and weapons and everything transferred between both but even if you make it to 5 star rank in the village quests, you will still be at 1 star rank in the multiplayer hub. So my advice is get your bearings with the game and advance through the first few star ranks and craft your first armor set and your first weapon, then you’ll be ready to hop online. From there I typically bounce back-and-forth, leveraging the online to hunt with others whenever I need to farm a new weapon or upgrade or armor set or whatever, since taking down monsters in a group is much easier and faster. Much harder in the multiplayer hub playing solo though, since the monster’s health scales up regardless of how many people are in your party. Even if you’re playing alone in the MP hub, the monster still has twice as much health (or something to that effect).

I also recommend you watch GaijinHunter on Youtube. He has tutorials which can teach you about the game, and you absolutely need to learn how to use your weapon like the back of your hand. If you don’t know the right combos for your weapon, you’re going to constantly find yourself with long pause animations after every few attacks. He should also have some videos for beginners as well. My advice is long Sword for begginers. Definitely stay away from ranged weapons right now though, like Bowgun or bow, since they require special armor that only has half as much defense. I’d also avoid the slower weapons till later in the game, when you have at least first mastered an easier weapon. Try the different weapons in the training quests and find what feels best to you.

If you have any further questions, there are a number of us you can consult in the game’s forum.

Edited on by JaxonH

NintendoByNature

Just thought of something. A few weeks back capcom teased they were working on some thing that fans aren't expecting. I got to thinking and it could be completely out there so bare with me. But what if capcom is working on a follow up to the Oracle games for switch? No one would ever suspect that would be coming.

NintendoByNature

Therad

nintendobynature wrote:

Just thought of something. A few weeks back capcom teased they were working on some thing that fans aren't expecting. I got to thinking and it could be completely out there so bare with me. But what if capcom is working on a follow up to the Oracle games for switch? No one would ever suspect that would be coming.

I don't think current Nintendo will do that. I think it is a bigger chance someone new inside Nintendo gets a shot at Zelda than an outside company.
To be able to use the IP, you would probably have to have an idea other than action RPG, something that stands out from the ordinary Zelda experience.

Therad

NintendoByNature

@Therad fair enough. It was a stretch and it just popped in my head. It would be cool though.

NintendoByNature

gcunit

Just made the mistake of checking the current offers on the eshop... so many games. They've changed it so that now the browser loads a thumbnail for every game (rather than having to click on the list button), and they must kept going and going.

What's worse is I've just made a shortlist of... 15 games I might pick up as a result.

Update: Phew, that was a close one, only bought two of them in the end. For now.

Edited on by gcunit

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

gcunit

@toiletduck Crypt of the Necrodancer and TurtlePop: Journey to Freedom.

CotN... I like playing to the beat, but I've got to stop buying rogue-lites cos I just can't get invested in them if I can't save.

TurtlePop... this has caught my interest.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Alantor28

Yesterday was my birthday and why my November payment isn't a birthday present, I got it on my birthday and that game I got as my November payment on my birthday is none other than Super Smash Bros Ultimate! I also bought the Fighter Pass for SSBU. ^_^

PSN: MMX20

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic