Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 35,561 to 35,580 of 38,858

Dogorilla

@diwdiws Well, yeah. Breath of the Wild is one of the best recent action/adventure games, Mario Odyssey is one of the best recent 3D platformers. Same goes for Splatoon 2 for shooters (imo), Xenoblade 2 and Octopath for RPGs, and Smash Ultimate looks like it will be one of the biggest and best fighting games ever.

Currently Playing: Pokémon Let's Go Eevee (Switch), Luigi's Mansion (3DS), Earthbound (SNES Classic), New Super Mario Bros U (Wii U)

PikPi

I don't mind ports but I can definitely agree that there hasn't been a healthy ratio of ports to new games on the Switch for me this year. That should change once Smash comes out, though.

PikPi

Delibheel

Yeah probably.

According to most people who played them.

Edited on by Delibheel

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

NEStalgia

@Knuckles-Fajita Not to mention for the price of an iPhone X you could buy 3 switches and play a LAN party. Something a single phone can't do

NEStalgia

Dogorilla

@diwdiws It's a matter of opinion, but I've definitely seen a lot of people who would agree with it. Breath of the Wild and Mario Odyssey in particular are two of the highest rated games of all time.

Currently Playing: Pokémon Let's Go Eevee (Switch), Luigi's Mansion (3DS), Earthbound (SNES Classic), New Super Mario Bros U (Wii U)

Cobalt

@link3710
This is pathetic... You give a list of non exclusives, of non available yet, of multi indies etc...

Let me ask you a SIMPLE question and give me a SIMPLE answer : What are the SWITCH games of 2018 that you can consider as system sellers ?

You know like God Of War 4 on PS4 or multiplatform games like Red Dead Redemption 2, you know what I mean...

Basically for 2018, I see only Octopath Traveller for the moment...

Cobalt

Cobalt

@Dogorilla Breath of the Wild is a Wii U game... Mario Odyssey is the worst 3D Mario ever, I mean the less good of all... and the most overated...

Cobalt

Dogorilla

@Cobalt I'm not getting into the 'is BotW a port' debate but for all intents and purposes it's a Switch game. The vast majority of people disagree with you about Odyssey. I agree with you that there haven't been huge quantities of brand new, system selling games this year, but I don't care. I've already got the console so it doesn't matter to me whether or not a game is a system seller (which is a highly subjective phrase anyway), and there are already more great games on the Switch than I'll ever have time to play.

Edited on by Dogorilla

EvilLucario

Ah yes, the good ol' "I don't like it so it's overrated" spiel.

Hahahahahahahahaha.

And of course, according to Cobalt, Xenoblade 2 sucks just because it runs worse on a technical level with no other reason given. Hahahahahahahahahaha. **** off.

Edited on by EvilLucario

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

link3710

@Cobalt You never asked about system sellers. Besides, if you want to know which games are actually selling systems, look at Pokemon Let's Go, Super Mario Party and Mario Tennis Aces, because those are the ones that will sell the most Switches.

link3710

Anti-Matter

@Cobalt
"Let me ask you a SIMPLE question and give me a SIMPLE answer : What are the SWITCH games of 2018 that you can consider as system sellers ?"

What ?!
Why should i look for System seller gamers so much ?
I buy Switch games that i like or fit with my criteria, Not because it's Seller system or AAA.
Then, you might be so WRONG to judge the games by System sellers or Not.
Who cares if the games are Ports / Lower than AAA !

Btw, you still haven't answered my question about your complaints about port games on Switch.

My Top 5 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (10 / 10)
2. The Sims series (9 / 10)
3. Portal Knights Switch (9 / 10)
4. Animal Crossing New Leaf 3DS (9 / 10)
5. ARMS (8 / 10)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608

Nemodius

@Anti-Matter
System seller games, I totally agree, that's why under all times I have ever bought a system, I wait untill there is a number of games that the cost is at least half the cost of the system
(Mario Kart, Odyssey, Zelda = $180, I was sold)

"If failure is the greatest teacher, how come we are not the most superior beings in the universe ???"

Nemodius

how do you add pics to a post, I see others do all the time and I have trouble explaining some things without the pic for it

"If failure is the greatest teacher, how come we are not the most superior beings in the universe ???"

Anti-Matter

@jhewitt3476
Try postimage.org
After you upload the picture, copy the link of its file.
Type (img)your link(/img) then voila !

Edit: replace the ( & ) with [ & ]

My Top 5 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (10 / 10)
2. The Sims series (9 / 10)
3. Portal Knights Switch (9 / 10)
4. Animal Crossing New Leaf 3DS (9 / 10)
5. ARMS (8 / 10)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608

Cobalt

@FragRed

It's not a surprise...
When I compare Xenoblade X to Xenoblade 2, I clearly see how Monolith had to scale everything down for Xenoblade 2.

So, if we add to this, that the gamepad is a key element to X and the Switch is not able to handle 2 screens at the same time... hummmm yeah, it will be too difficult to port X on the Switch...

Edited on by Cobalt

Cobalt

PikPi

Even if it takes a little while, I still wanna see it on the Switch eventually

PikPi

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed Sounds like a cart problem, the Wii U file size was very large by Wii U standards (over 20GB if I recall correctly) and Monolith Soft probably don't want to use the 3rd party trick (mandatory update required to play).

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic