Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 35,541 to 35,560 of 70,008

JaxonH

@Grumblevolcano
Not necessarily. One or two might be to help promote a series, but that doesn’t mean all of them have to be. Although, I do suspect that will be the case given Nintendo is choosing these characters.

The important thing to take away here is that Nintendo decided the DLC characters. And if Nintendo overruled Sakurai’s soveignty of choice, then there has to be politics involved. PR and marketing has to be involved. And knowing Nintendo chose this character, you have to ask the reason why. If it was Sakurai who sovereignly chose this character independent of Nintendo‘s wishes, then we might be able to chalk it up to Sakurai just choosing a character he likes. But because Nintendo chose it... you have to wonder what the reasoning was behind that choice.

There’s only one logical conclusion that explains that reasoning of choice.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

GrailUK

Wow, so many games shown on that Kinda Funny Showcase. Moving Out, Mineko's Night Market, Devil Engine and Supermarket Shriek looked ace!

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

link3710

@GrailUK Wait, did we get more news on Mineko's Night Market? That interested me when it was shown in the Indie Direct.

link3710

GrailUK

@link3710 Ye they showed some more footage. Still looks brill!

KryptoniteKrunch

Yeah, I think P5 on Switch is a lock right now. I'm sure Sega/Atlus wants to cash in on all of those handheld double dips(as they did with P4G on Vita), especially in Japan. The Persona Q games prove that Sony doesn't have an exclusive deal with the series. Imo, it's just a matter of time until they announce it.

KryptoniteKrunch

Nintendo Network ID: KryptoniteKrunch

GrailUK

@nintendobynature Ye! Is that the game made by the Runbow folk?

Grumblevolcano

@KryptoniteKrunch Vita is also being discontinued next year so Switch is their only option for the handheld strategy you mentioned.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

@Matthew010 Even more out there, I'd really like a full 358/2 Days remaster. They already have the HD models and tons of new audio they could use. Now the actual game itself needs to be redone (and... fix the pacing preferably)

link3710

Grumblevolcano

Looks like lots of people picked up a Switch on Friday, it took 1 day for MK8 Deluxe to get to #2 on the UK eshop charts.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

Ya, Diablo 3 just jumped up to the #2 spot in the US, ahead of Pokémon Pikachu. And Skyrim is up to #4, ahead of Pokémon Eevee. Mario Odyssey at #6, Mario Kart at #9, Zelda at #14, Civilization VI saw a resurgence back up to #24, DOOM still hanging on at #29, and DKC Tropical Freeze just dropped out but was in the charts for a week or more.

Nintendo banked on having a killer holiday season. It seems that faith wasn’t misplaced.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

GeoChrome

@JaxonH Most of those games were also benefited by the Game Awards sale.

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

JaxonH

@PolarExperience
Most of those games jumped well before that sale, actually. Although the sale has, naturally, helped some games even more.

Edited on by JaxonH

GeoChrome

@Mrtoad I don’t think anyone other than Colbalt actually thought it was true. Hell, even Alex did a video debunking it.

Reading: Too much
Watching: Not enough
Playing: SMTV

Switch Friend Code: SW-6148-2681-7704

Cobalt

@Mrtoad

Wait and see...

And for you, "Pro Tip : You must learn how to read..." is an insult ? Specially after your personal sarcastic attack pointed to my direction first ?
I quote : "The reveals for Metroid Prime Trilogy and Mortal Kombat Trilogy were amazing! @Cobalt can you predict the future, because I am startled at how 100% correct you were. Can’t wait for the reveal of the N64 Classic in the November Direct!"

Edited on by Cobalt

Cobalt

Matthew010

@link3710 I've not played many KH games. Do you think I can start when 3 comes out and understand the story?

Edited on by Matthew010

Matthew010

gcunit

@Matthew010 From what I've read from users here, people who have played every single KH game don't understand the story, so you won't be much worse off.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Anti-Matter

@gcunit
The things i still don't understand from Kingdom Hearts are :
1. Why the heck still there was an Organization XIII ?
2. Why the heck did they suddenly come and tell the main character (Sora / Roxas) that he know NOTHING ? What did they want ?
3. Heartless, Nobody and then what ?

The story of Kingdom Hearts was like a Big Nonsense for me since the Organization XIII was Still Exist and Unbeatable. SquareEnix is keep milking the franchise by adding Sub-Sequels on Nintendo machines before the Third.
I was kinda tired by Tetsuya Nomura style when he created Kingdom Hearts sequels and World of Final Fantasy. The things i caught from his style were : The Mysterious people was KNOW everything and by Arrogantly tell the Main character was know NOTHING & hopeless. Such an Arrogant attitude in my opinion.

Anti-Matter

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic