Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 30,381 to 30,400 of 70,008

OorWullie

I had never heard of Warframe before today but from what I've read, it's an amazing game that can become seriously addictive.It's constantly updated too, always improving and has a good kind of free to play model.

I'm surprised that this is the game Panic Button have been working on, I expected something more well known but I'm definitley not disappointed. It seems the Switch has another killer online title on the way.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

link3710

@FragRed To be fair to Sony, there's no way they could get backwards compatibility up and running on that system. PS3 emulation is insanely expensive computationally, no way a PS4 could handle that.

link3710

Haruki_NLI

And to not be fair to Sony, that's also THEIR fault.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Octane

The people that complain about the PS3 being too expensive at launch are probably the same people that complain about the PS4 not having BC. Completely forgetting that the insane price was mainly due to the fact that they included a PS2 in every PS3 to allow for backwards compatibility.

But this is the Switch thread, and that system isn't BC either. They actually expect you to pay full price for last gen's games. That's just the way it is. If you want your games to be playable on your system at all times, you should invest in a decent PC.

Octane

Grumblevolcano

So I just finished the main campaign in Kirby Star Allies. Is Guest Star mode literally playing through the game again just without Kirby?

If so, I'll consider Kirby Star Allies completed and move onto my next backlog game. The main game wasn't impressive enough for me to play through it like 40 times including the 3 Dream Friend updates.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Haruki_NLI

@Grumblevolcano Some characters have exclusive rooms, a lot is truncated and there is bonus content unlocked for doing so.

Only one run required

Edited on by Haruki_NLI

RR529

@Grumblevolcano, as @Knuckles-Fajita said, the guest star mode is a remixed & abridged version of the main story, with the Dream Friends runs being slightly more remixed, with a couple reworked/exclusive rooms catering to their unique movesets.

While you only need to run through it once, I believe you must clear it with a regular enemy before having access to Dream Friend runs.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

JaxonH

@Octane
I agree. Sure I'd love the PS4 to be BC, just as I'd love the Switch to be BC. But both systems had a drastic change in architecture, so it's cool. And certainly with Switch, since Nintendo always goes out of their way to include it. So if they couldn't do it for one system, one time... that's fine.

I had no problem buying all the PS3 remasters for PS4. I was grateful that all those games were being ported over! Just as I am grateful for all the awesome PS3 and Wii U games being ported to Switch.

But PC really is the answer. GPD Win 2 is my answer. I'm playing all the best last gen games, on a handheld... dream fulfilled. And it's like I have "BC" for all my games from other consoles too. GameCube, Wii, PS2 and PSP. You can always count on PC to have your back!

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

bluemage1989

Anyone else hoping for a continuation of Night in the Woods?? New characters and setting or continuing on from the first is fine wiyh me I would just love more. This has been of my favourite experiences on Switch so far and my wife was a big fan also.

bluemage1989

Grumblevolcano

I beat Guest Star mode with Blade Knight and completed Ultimate Choice on difficulty 4. That's enough for me.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ralizah

Google Express has a 25% off coupon right now that works with video games, including Octopath Traveler.

It makes the game only $44.99.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Grumblevolcano

@bluemage1989 The game is ok but a bit too short, hidden extras (puzzle pieces and extra stage switches) are easier to find than in previous games and the post-game is less varied than other Kirby games.

If you don't have Tropical Freeze already, I'd definitely recommend Tropical Freeze over Star Allies.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

NEStalgia

@Knuckles-Fajita "And to not be fair to Sony, that's also THEIR fault."
Yeah, the hubris coming off their runaway success with PS2. Kind of like going from PS4 to PS5....fun times ahead!

NEStalgia

Matthew010

I've just seen that L.A Noire performed better on Switch than on Xbox One! XBONE sold 0.17m and Switch sold 0.27m.
That might convince Rockstar to bring some other games to Switch which is great for the console's future!

Matthew010

Octane

@Matthew010 ''better'' is relative in this case. I'm certain it kinda flopped on all three consoles.

Octane

Haruki_NLI

@Matthew010 Where are you seeing this?

link3710

@Mrtoad It's been available to buy from some less than reliable 3rd party sellers for well over a year now, but I think that's the first official confirmation of Batman: The Enemy Within. Between that and GoG:TT we should have some good Telltale games coming this year.

link3710

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic