Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 30,401 to 30,420 of 69,981

rallydefault

Ah - didn't know Noire kinda flopped on all the consoles. Is it a PC game moreso? Never played it and not really interested in it lol

rallydefault

Syndrome

@rallydefault More of a last gen game. It came out in 2011 on PS3/X360 so i guess most of the people who played the game back then didn't want to double dip on the current gen consoles since it wasn't even a remaster of any kind. Just a straight up port. The only new audience the re-release had was probably the Nintendo community hence why it sold somewhat better on the Switch, i guess.

Syndrome

EvilLucario

L.A. Noire flopped the first time around too, or at least underperformed so drastically it led to Team Bondi's closing. Not really surprising to me sadly.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

rallydefault

@Syndrome
Oh, that's right. I forgot it was actually on the last-gen consoles. That makes more sense.

rallydefault

FragRed

@EvilLucario LA Noire's sales isn't the only reason Team Bondi closed, though they did certainly owe large debts especially to current and former employees. There was some dodgy stuff going on at the studio which lead to an investigation and Rockstar from removing themselves from ever working with the company again.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

JaxonH

VG Charts is decent for ballpark estimates but nothing more.

For example, Nintendo announced Xenoblade 2 crossed 1.31 million back in late Feb or early March. By now it's probably beyond 1.5 mil. Yet VG Chartz shows it just over a mil. And it shows Skyrim just under a mil, but Skyrim has consistently outperformed Xenoblade in every trackable chart to date (namely Amazon best sellers and eShop). So we know Skyrim has to be around 1.5 mil, at the bare minimum. Probably more given it's outperforming Xenoblade 2 (not by a huge margin but still) by every metric we have available to us.

So yeah, I do like to reference them anytime I'm just trying to get a ballpark figure, but they can be a little hit and miss.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

JaxonH

@Octane
Even on Switch it was in remaster territory, even if not in 4K (which was only available on the Pro and X, obviously, normal PS4/X1 got 1080p, same as Switch).

So ya, upgrade to 1080p, motion, touch, HD rumble and some asset changes along with the other versions IIRC (or some other change like lighting, who knows).

Kinda like Dark Souls will be. Upgrade to 1080p, still has some of the changes of the other remastered versions, just not full tilt given the constraint on power.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Octane

@JaxonH I thought the original was 1080p too. My mistake in that case.

VGChartz doesn't track digital by the way. Neither does NPD for Nintendo. I know they get their numbers from other tracking sites these days, like Famitsu, NPD, Media Create, etc. None of them track digital, or didn't for a long time. But that explains why they're always a month behind, and why they're missing digital numbers.

Octane

JaxonH

@Octane
Right. And digital accounts for a significant portion of sales nowadays. Nintendo says 25% and the number is still growing.

Trajan

Random question: Does Nintendo, or do third parties set pricing? Got a random email from Gamestop today and opened it to discover Wolfenstein on PS4 is now $20 a long with a bunch of newer AAA titles. Now economy of scale and all that since PS4/Xbone/PC are all technically the same system with x86 architecture , but will we ever see those deals on Switch? (I've skipped gaming 2005-2017 so all of this is newish to me)

Sakurai: Which is why I think we should forget about console wars and focus on what’s really important: enjoying the games themselves.

"If we did this (mobile games), Nintendo would cease to be Nintendo." - Iwata

JaxonH

@rallydefault
Handily so.

Even VG Chartz, which is tracking Xeboblade 2 at 1/3 million behind numbers confirmed by Nintendo themselves 4 months ago (which means its tracking at least 0.5 million at this point), has Skyrim pretty much right where Xenoblade 2 is. So if XC2 is at 1.5 mil, Skyrim is too. Minimum. Because it's been consistently tracking higher than XC2 since launch.

I figure itll be anywhere from 1.5 - 2 million sold by year's end.

Octane

@Trajan The publisher decides! But it's entirely possible that retailers and the platform holder are working with the publisher to make certain deals happen.

@JaxonH Yeah, a 1.5 multiplier is useful if you want to know rough ballpark numbers of physical + digital. Fortunate thing is that all games suffer from this, so the ratio between them should be similar.

Octane

Haruki_NLI

My Switch has a weird case of warping.

So it's warped, very faintly, but it's done something unusual.

Near the vents there is a gap now where the back plate is meant to join on, and I can even get a fingernail in there and its movable. Not exactly good.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

JaxonH

Shining Resonance Refrain is out!

But I'm so hopelessly sucked into the world of YS VIII I'm not sure when I'll be playing anything else. And Octopath Traveller and Captain Toad are knocking at the door too (72 hour countdown?).

Oh man. I gotta figure something out here.

Grumblevolcano

Not sure whether confirmed before Inside Xbox Episode 5 yesterday but the crossplay party system for XB1/Switch is coming later this summer for Rocket League.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

NEStalgia

@Knuckles-Fajita That's what happens when you keep it next toe the Pyrostation This whole warped switch thing confounds me. I have so many handheld hours on mine the back plate is now glossy plastic. I haven't run it in docked as much, but I did all of Odyssey, BotW, and quite a ton of Splatoon docked. Maybe it is the people that run it mostly docked that get these issues, but you wouldn't think so.

@JaxonH You think you have problems. I just started XC2....then have to go onto YS....then Shining Resonance......but Octopath comes out in a few days! And then there's more XC2 in Sept!

@Ryu_Niiyama you're the resident HRAP/FG expert here. What FG would you say are "must have" games for the HRAP on Switch (excluding Neo Geo?) I thought Switch would be the to-to FG system but I'm finding some interesting FG on other platforms (Tekken 7 of course, SC someday, even Baz Chronophantasma (I like the Baz and Injustice games as far as FG games go as long as there's actual story!)

NEStalgia

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic