Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 28,781 to 28,800 of 70,011

Ralizah

I'm OK with him saying Splatoon 2 was samey. That's his opinion, and he's entitled to it.

But it was a sequel. That's not even a question.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Grumblevolcano

The naming convention for Battlefield is just terrible

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

kkslider5552000

Grumblevolcano wrote:

The naming convention for Battlefield is just terrible

I kind of agree, but calling World War 1 Battlefield, "Battlefield 1", when there is in fact, no original Battlefield to confuse it with (the original was called Battlefield 1942 after all) was an absolute genius move.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

redd214

Guys, none of us can say with 100 percent certainty whether it's a port or not. We will know in a couple weeks everyone just reeeeeeellllllaxxxx😊

redd214

Kimyonaakuma

redd214 wrote:

Guys, none of us can say with 100 percent certainty whether it's a port or not. We will know in a couple weeks everyone just reeeeeeellllllaxxxx😊

^^^^ This ^^^^

Kimyonaakuma

MarcelRguez

It's okay for people to discuss things in a forum.

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

IceClimbers

@NEStalgia Returning stages from Brawl:

• 75m
  • Delfino Plaza
  • Bridge of Eldin
  • Castle Siege
  • Pokemon Stadium 2
  • Luigi's Mansion
  • Port Town Aero Dive
  • Smashville
  • Halberd
  • Lylat Cruise
  • Mario Circuit
  • Norfair
  • Skyworld
  • Pirate Ship (DLC)

And that's just the Wii U version. Others returned in the 3DS version.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

link3710

@NEStalgia 20 stages total across the 2 versions were from Brawl. Brawl only had a total of 31 original stages. In addition, 6 of the 10 Melee stages in Brawl returned for Smash 4. So 2/3 of Brawl's stages returned in Smash 4.

And in regards to my previous comment, regardless of how technical I was, my point is the if you were to skin Brawl to look like Smash 4, they'd still clearly play differently, even to the casual observer, as the changes were so huge and overarching. I honestly don't expect that level of change again (or at least hope we won't get it), but claiming that completely changing the physics of the game is equivalent to the incredibly minor changes between SFII releases is disingenuous.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

NEStalgia

@IceClimbers hmm, were they the actual same map or just the same theme? It's been ages since i played brawl, and i was never really into smash so i mostly played subspace emissary (though that was my favorite wii game ) but even from the skirmish maps i didn't remember any of the maps as repeat layouts. It all seemed bigger!

Tbh i only really care about single player mode and 3ds had it all over wiius crummy board game. Subspace was amazing. I played online with friends a few times but honestly if i want to play a fighter online in switch, it's sf2 or bust! Smash just doesn't do it for me as a true fighter. If they ditch the board game I'm happy.

NEStalgia

gcunit

Personally, as someone with not a lot of Smash game time under my belt, unless they are going to shake up the whole 'Smash formula' in some way, it may as well be a port.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

Ryu_Niiyama

@Kimyonaakuma Agreed it feels like "I game in a vacuum" syndrome that floats around a bit. To me that is like getting mad a movie came out on blu ray. You saw it in IMAX on opening weekend? That's great, I didn't so I'ma get the blu-ray. Or hey I saw it in the theaters and I loved it so much I wanted to see it again so I'ma get the blu-ray. Nothing is taken away and it only helps everybody, the dev/publisher and gamers. After all the game doesn't some how suck because it got ported (the opposite is WHY it got ported). I'm a day one 2 system WiiU owner and I bought every major game on the wiiu, I still bought MK8DX and HWDE on switch (and I'm buying Okami for the fifth? PS2,PC,Wii,PS3, PS4...SW oh geeze sixth time...but that is just a problem that I have twitches) but I skipped Lego Undercover and have yet to pick up bayo 1 and 2 (Ill get bayo later for having all of em on the switch but not priority...since I need to buy Okami again....somebody help me.)

@Alber-san Hmm, I won't judge on that. I never understood why the Wiiu bombed besides customers are stupid (I was working at GS as a manger at the time, I stand by this) and poor marketing. So I mean if you want to you can find something to dislike about anything...I guess it is valid to that person. My only concern is why the internet is acting like the switch is a port machine or why that is bad in the first place. (it isn't...have folks seen the twins' library?) and I feel like sliding goal posts are happening on what is a port and what isn't. Technically anything put on a system that isn't the original dev platform is a port. And so long as it is in the same gen it is really a multi platform release. Maybe I'm biased, I play on PC so I'm used to getting things later and I don't holler port...I say, oh look PC version, glad I waited. If libraries were only new content...geeze the last two-three gens alone would have shrunk...A LOT. After all most of the port complaints make the assumption that one bought the game day one, and also bought the original system...which is projecting at the highest form.

@NEStalgia Light on Nintendo dev'ed releases? Geez I wish I had that issue. I should not have a backlog on a two year old system. But my wishlist is killing me. Not every game is gonna be zelda or mario, for that matter not every nintendo gamer even likes those. There are some Kirby and Yoshi fans that were very bored year 1 of the switch. So I can't accept so subjective a statement as an argument.

Also, I thought the normal Nintendo pitchfork slogan is that Nintendo first party is so strong 3rd party can't survive so Nintendo needs to court the 3rd parties...so considering that is happening what is the issue? They aren't made of money, they can only do so much...

How are they pretending the old version never existed? By making enhancements? That is normal...it isn't expected of course, but most of the time when a game makes a gen jump (SWITCH IS A NEW GEN, Fight me!) they make enhancements, director's cuts if you will. (As a wiiu HW buyer I'm glad they are doing that) I'm not sure what folks are looking for if you are saying Nintendo is being tone deaf. Like I said day one wiiu owner (got a NA and a JPN) but I've never seen a company "explain" why they are porting something.

I think that expectation is being levied because Nintendo makes hardware then. Nobody is looking at Bethesda and going "are you porting [skyrim] because the PS360 is dead?" Cuz it's obvious, that the systems are dead, and that the game is still an evergreen seller. Nintendo announced when they ended support for the wiiu so what else are they supposed to do? Like I said earlier ports are great for a number of reasons, and you can pass on them if you bought the original. After all does the existence of MK8DX destroy the base experience (because I know somebody is gonna scream battle mode); aside from that the games are mostly the same. As a single player gamer I have an almost identical game between the two. Only difference now is I paid for portable. I realize that is a bias but my point is an original game isn't less fun because it gets ported. Geez Capcom would have to close up shop if that was the case.

I don't think I've said I don't believe in ports, ever. I'm understandably neutral about them really. I'm a fan of more games for everyone, but nobody is entitled to anything...especially when the system with the game a person is looking for is still readily available and a person snubbed it for 5 years. However I still state that port begging is waste. I don't understand why a switch owner that "hated" the wiiu will gripe about something not being ported to the switch. you have an existing console to go play it on...go buy that. I still stand by that..however that doesn't in any way equate to me saying that ports are bad. The two view points aren't mutually exclusive. This is coming from a big original hardware lover. I had ~19 systems (PC and handheld is in this number so maybe 14) hooked up at a time (daisy chaining is my friend) so I have a lot of stuff in original format but there are somethings I buy ports of for convenience.

Heck I'm a 3ds owner that actually, honestly, actively hates the 3ds (I've listed my reasons to you I think) , but I'm not going to beg for switch ports or even expect them (If they show up, here is my cc Nintendo of course) instead I'll buy 3ds games, hope in my heart Nintendo throws me a bone on a 3ds player (just got a gba player this weekend, HAPPY DANCE) and suck it up and play it on the 3ds. As you know I feel the same about Japanese games; learn the language (or import blindly), wait on localization or go without... those are your options. So I import and learned (am still learning) the language.

Sorry for the wall of text yall. If I missed a reply just @ me. This was a lot and I haven't written this much here in a bit.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Azooooz

Sushi Striker looks interesting. I'll download the demo and give you a summarized impression about it.

Also, I have a feeling that Nintendo will be giving the Switch new features once the Nintendo Switch Online service starts.

Edited on by Azooooz

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

MsJubilee

This Sushi Striker game is fantastic! Did not expect anything from this title. I guess never judge a book by it's cover.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Grumblevolcano

Games like Sushi Striker show the importance of demos.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Haruki_NLI

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

IceClimbers

Yeah playing the Sushi Striker demo right now. It's excellent. Fully voiced animated customers that kinda remind me of the Pokemon anime a little bit, with full dialogue parts similar to those in Puyo Puyo Tetris. The gameplay is quite fun and fast paced.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Kimyonaakuma

@Ryu_Niiyama Yeah I really don't understand it, we're getting more games and more options, and nobody is really missing out. I had a Wii U and most of it's major releases but the ports don't bother me at all, and I still have more games than I can keep up with anyway. I even bought MK8D and I might buy the Bayonetta games again before 3 comes out, and I'm still enjoying these games despite playing them before, it's not a major issue. There will be even more people that didn't have a Wii U so who knows how they keep up with it because I can't

And this will be my fourth time buying Okami....and I have no regrets!

Kimyonaakuma

Anti-Matter

LOL
Why did Nintendo give Musashi name for Girl version ?
I have never heard a Japanese girl named by Musashi.

Anti-Matter

Kimyonaakuma

@Anti-Matter Well the internet says that it can rarely be used for girls but is mainly for boys.

...it's also just easier because they didn't need to record all of the cutscenes again

Kimyonaakuma

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic