Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 28,381 to 28,400 of 37,693

Ralizah

While I HATE the theme, Immortal Redneck actually... looks really good? An old-school feeling shooter with rougelike elements and gyro?

Ugh. I'll have to pick that up at some point.

Ralizah

Knuckles-Fajita

Some interesting sales stats on Crash and Spyro.

Crash was the 3rd best selling game in Italy at retail in 2017, ahead of Horizon, GT Sport, and every Nintendo game, despite Nintendo posting record system sales - they just cant compete on software.

Further, here in the UK on Amazon, Spyro and Crash are filling the chart.

Spyro PS4 - 2nd
Crash PS4 - 23rd
Crash NS - 27th
Spyro XB - 39th
Crash XB - 76th

Honestly given its the UK, I expected Crash to sell more on Xbox but...okay. That's....an interesting tidbit. PS4 still ruling the roost though.

Regarding Nintendo ANYTHING on the Amazon best sellers list...well got some bad news and some good news.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - 5th
Nintendo Labo Toy Con 01 - 8th
Super Mario Odyssey - 9th
Mario Tennis Aces - 10th

The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild - 11th
Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze - 13th

Splatoon 2 - 24th
Crash Bandicoot: The N. Sane Trilogy - 27th

1-2 Switch - 36th

FIFA 18 - 41st
Nintendo Switch Pro Controller - 43rd

Pokemon Ultra Sun - 58th (I recently bought that so....)
Captain Toad's Treasure Tracker - 60th

Nintendo Classic Mini SNES - 62nd
Joy-Con Pair Neon Green/Pink - 63rd
Hyrule Warriors Definitive Edition - 64th
Octopath Traveler - 70th

Pokemon Ultra Moon -79th

Mario + Rabbids Kingdom Battle - 89th

Pokken Tournament DX - 97th
Just Dance 2018 - 100th

The good news is unless you shop around this is pretty much the main way to get Nintendo stuff in the UK, as unless it's GAME, you're online, because the high street doesn't care/barely exists anyway!

The bad news is....third party titles are er...yep. FIFA is there, still the lowest selling version. No sign of Dark Souls after the delay. Donkey Kong is really high for what it is, and Crash is well above the Xbox release.

Of course this is just hourly. The bottom of the charts could literally be 10s of copies.

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Nintendoforlife

Such a mysterious tweet:

Nintendoforlife

PikPi

I hope to be invested in my Switch in the second half of the year. At least there are games for other people so far, if not myself

PikPi

Spoony_Tech

Nintendoforlife wrote:

Such a mysterious tweet:

Confirmed!
Metroid Prime 4: There's No Air in Space
Pokemon: Hot and Cold
Wave Race: Whirlpool Edition
Pikmin 4: Time to Go Home
Animal Crossing: The Last Leaf has Fallen

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Anti-Matter

Nintendoforlife wrote:

Such a mysterious tweet:

Hint of Animal Crossing, Pokemon for Switch ??

My Top 5 games :
1. Dance Dance Revolution series (10 / 10)
2. The Sims series (9 / 10)
3. Portal Knights Switch (9 / 10)
4. Animal Crossing New Leaf 3DS (9 / 10)
5. ARMS (8 / 10)

Switch Friend Code: SW-8364-7166-5608

TheTetrisGuy

@YummyHappyPills Do those Captain Toad sales include the 3DS version? Just curious.

Just a geek that likes video games, and spends to much time playing Smash Bros. and Fortnite.

“Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever you were gonna do anyway.” – Iron Man

Nintendoforlife

@Spoony_Tech There seems to be an underlying vendetta with you and these games haha.

@Anti-Matter You never really know, but I could see Animal Crossing at least getting revealed at E3.

Edited on by Nintendoforlife

Nintendoforlife

Grumblevolcano

@Nintendoforlife The way that tweet is worded makes me think a "you were expecting this but you were actually wrong" type situation. I don't know, maybe something like this for the last 5 months:

August - Wonderful 101
September - Smash (enhanced Wii U port), Dark Souls Remastered
October - Yoshi, Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE
November - Super Mario 3D World or Super Mario Maker, Nintendo Labo Toy-Con 03 & 04
December - Xenoblade X

I'd be satisfied with that lineup despite a Fire Emblem delay being disappointing.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Ralizah

@Nintendoforlife Sounds more like a fanboy tweet to me, but who knows? After months of barely anything notable on the first party front, though, I'm really hoping the back half of 2018 is strong for them.

Ralizah

Octane

@Grumblevolcano It's 2018 by the way, not 2013. I hope Nintendo has a few more surprises up their sleeves, and not a bunch of Wii U ports.

Octane

Spoony_Tech

@Ralizah I would agree but it does seem like someone in the know. Even Gamestop seems to know something so I guess we will just have to wait and see.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

GrailUK

@Nintendoforlife Stay tuned to what exactly. Does this guy not know how twitter works?

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

IceClimbers

@Grumblevolcano Come on now, Smash isn't a port.

Also I don't think Wonderful 101 is coming this year based on that article from a couple days ago. Looking like a port for 2019.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

EvilLucario

I'll believe it when I see it. I can guess what could happen, but relying on rumors and "trust me guys, THIS IS TOTALLY GONNA HAPPEN" junk doesn't tend to work.

The only concrete thing people should be looking for is the investor's meeting this week on the 26th, where it can answer some bit of questions regarding the future and past months.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@Octane Wasn't there that rumour a while back saying that Nintendo would rely on Wii U ports and 3rd parties for 2018? It seems to be true so far with only 1 new 1st party game per quarter (Kirby in March, Mario Tennis in June).

@IceClimbers Until Smash is properly revealed it could be either, honestly I think it should've been made clear which it is in the March Direct but it's less than 2 months until E3 so not that much longer to wait.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano If Nintendo honestly believes they can rely on Wii U ports and third party support for the holiday season then they deserve the Switch to end up being distant third in terms of sales. They also deserve the backlash and anger their fan base will create.

ENGAGE VG: www.engagevg.com

Hikingguy

Anyone have a Watt meter hooked up to their Switch?

Earlier I posted how low power the Switch uses. But after some recent point in time, I do not know exactly when, my Switch is now uses significantly more power in Sleep Mode when my USB to Ethernet adapter is connected.
In the past, while in "sleep mode" it drew about .2 watts. Now when I put it in Sleep mode it draws about 4 watts. That is a big jump .2 to 4
But the odd thing is when I put the Switch into sleep mode and then I unplug my USB to Ethernet adapter the watts drop back down to the .2 range. I have tried multiple adapters on multiple Switch consoles. They all do the same thing.
Turning the Switch to "power off", will drop the watts down to the .2 range again. So it seems to have something to do with the USB adapter being attached at the time of putting the Switch in sleep mode.
Nothing is being charged so no extra power is being used for that.
I do not look at my watt meter every day, but I know it used less power in January of this year when I originally measured it, so something must have changed from then to now, maybe since the 5.0 update. But that is only a guess.
Any ideas?

Hikingguy

Grumblevolcano

@Hikingguy The Switch stays connected to the internet in sleep mode since the 5.0 update.

Grumblevolcano

Hikingguy

@Grumblevolcano And you think that is making it draw that much more power? It makes sense. But geezz that is a huge power jump for a devise that should be essentially off. Is there anyway to turn that feature off?

Edited on by Hikingguy

Hikingguy

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic