Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 28,381 to 28,400 of 70,008

Pokefanmum82

Just a quick question. Can you have more than one wired controller hooked up to the Switch at a time. Only reason I ask is that my joy cons are busted and my boys really want to play the Switch. I can’t afford to buy new Joy cons until next month.

Want: Harvest Moon: One World, Story of Seasons: Pioneering Town, Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury

Finished the Alola Dex.
Now playing New Horizons, Wrath of White Witch and Sword

Pazzo-TheFool

I think that if Zero had launched for the Switch, it would have been better recieved.

We'll never know how much damage the Wii U did to its games.

'The shortest route was a detour. It was a detour that was our shortest path.'
Tell me your favorite plant.
~~youtu.be/r0HnIr6jYWU~~

IceClimbers

I don't think there'll be that much backlash towards Star Fox so long as the trailer actually makes it look good, unlike the Federation Force trailer (granted, that was pretty much impossible given said game's art style).

Anyways, thoughts on the recent Pokemon Switch rumors/leaks?

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

Haruki_NLI

Im down for Yellow remakes given all the improvements made such as the physical/special split, HMs and TM changes, ability changes, new moves etc since FR/LG and since Yellow is still decidedly unique, just stuck being a barely functioning mess in Gen 1.

What I dont like is the idea that catching Pokemon works like it does in Pokemon Go, namely, you dont battle them, dont use status moves, dont make them easier to catch...you just throw balls until it works maybe.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

darkfenrir

Well the catching Pokemon can just be that you throw your Pokeball... Plan for whether the Pokemon will jump or not, the nice/great/excellent throw... And not that it changes the whole battle system.

darkfenrir

EvilLucario

Yeah if they add more gameplay to catching to lessen the RNG, that might be interesting.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

I'm not liking the sound of bringing in Pokemon GO mechanics but if both Fire Emblem and Pokemon are 2018 I'm skipping Pokemon anyway.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

IceClimbers

@electrolite77 I mean, 20 million is only 5 million more than what they sold last fiscal year. Smash and Pokemon are plenty for that.

In the case of MHGU and RR8, Nintendo has had third party exclusives be considered one of the "big" games for the month (see: Mario + Rabbids, Octopath Traveler) so it's likely the same case for these as well.

I just don't see how they launch all of those games from August-December. They'd cannabalize each other and the other third party titles coming to the system. Now, just having some of those launch in Q1 2019 (or even later) would work.

Like, having something like this:

August: Yoshi, MHGU
September: Smash Bros
October: Star Fox Grand Prix
November: Pokemon, Labo Toy Con Set 03 and 04
December: Fire Emblem
January: ???/Nothing
February: Ridge Racer 8, Metroid Prime Trilogy HD

Grumblevolcano

Animal Crossing is probably October so maybe have something like this.

E3: Mario Tennis Aces, Octopath Traveler, Yoshi, Smash, Star Fox Grand Prix, Animal Crossing, Pokemon (if 2018), Fire Emblem, 2018 3rd parties, 2018 DLC, maybe 1-2 more Wii U ports

Post-E3 event focused on 2019: Metroid Prime Trilogy, Metroid Prime 4, Bayonetta 3, Ridge Racer 8, SMT V, more Wii U ports and some surprises.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

IceClimbers

@Grumblevolcano 100% confident that Mario Tennis and Octopath won't be in the presentation beyond maybe a passing mention. I also strongly doubt Animal Crossing is happening this year

Aozz101x

@IceClimbers sure would be a miracle!

edit: Crash is live on the Switch Eshop https://nintendoeverything.com/crash-bandicoot-n-sane-trilogy...

Edited on by Aozz101x

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@IceClimbers I was thinking about Nintendo's E3 as a whole, Mario Tennis Aces and Octopath Traveler may not appear in the video presentation but they will almost certainly be during Treehouse Live. Last year had a fair amount of ARMS and Splatoon 2 for example.

As for Animal Crossing, I don't think the website changes would've happened when they did if Animal Crossing wasn't a 2018 game.

Grumblevolcano

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano I'm not sure about Animal Crossing. If Nintendo has both Smash and Pokemon this year, then there is no need for Animal Crossing. That can be saved until next year. But if Pokemon isn't this year then I do think we will see Animal Crossing. There is no point in releasing all 3 big system seller games in one year during the holiday season. They are better keeping one back for 2019.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Aozz101x

i could see Animal Crossing release in Early 2019-Spring 2019. were it's not in Pokemon's or Fire Emblem's way.
although, all console Animal Crossing games, has always been released in November (in the west, besides the one on Gamecube). if that was the case. we would likely not see it until E3 2019 or a General Direct in 2019.

Edited on by Aozz101x

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Harmonie

It seems a bit wild to release Super Smash Bros, Pokemon, AND Animal Crossing all in the last half of one year. However, Nintendo really wants to push systems, and that's how you push systems. If I hadn't been gifted a Switch, I most certainly would have been working toward getting one after I saw those three coming out.

It certainly would make me tone down the complaining about the Switch being a Wii U port console, too. They NEED major NEW first party titles like that. We just haven't seen many at all. It is time.

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed The paid online service needs the help.

Grumblevolcano

FragRed

@Grumblevolcano That may well be true, but if Nintendo releases all three big games at once - what does that leave for 2019 holidays when again they will be looking to have something to really push system sales?

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

IceClimbers

@FragRed Exactly. That would just leave 2D Mario as the only unused major system seller. I mean, they'll probably put more emphasis on Metroid Prime 4 than they usually do with Metroid, but still.

Haruki_NLI

@FragRed Metroid, and Bayonetta currently, maybe a Mario RPG on top. Boom.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

FragRed

@YummyHappyPills What you are describing are 2 none system selling games and a game that hasn't had a sequel since the original in the early 90s due to copyright being partly owned by Square Enix - unless you are talking about another Paper Mario game.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic