Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 28,401 to 28,420 of 37,764

EvilLucario

@Hikingguy I think if you turn on Airplane Mode undocked, then dock it, it'll block Wi-Fi. Not sure if docking the system disables Airplane Mode (you can't turn it on in the dock, but I don't know if it turns off after docking).

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Hikingguy

@EvilLucario I do not have any wifi on, I have a meter to check for that. It is hardwired with the USB adapter. So no power should be drawn from WiFi.

Hikingguy

JaxonH

Switch is a weird console for me.

It's way cooler and way more practical and infinitely more useful than Wii U or Wii, and it's getting way better games and alot more of them (at least, legit non-shovelware games).

But despite all that its been somewhat frustrating, moreso than previous consoles. Because previous consoles really gave no reason to care about 3rd party games on them. All generation long I was happily buying up games on PS4 and didn't really care one bit. It was a better looking version anyways.

But now with Switch, I suddenly find myself only wanting to play games on this one system, with rare exception, so every single game that doesn't come to Switch kinda sucks. Sure, I can still buy them on other consoles like before. It's not like it's a worse situation. But I just no longer have the will to play other consoles. Which makes it frustrating seeing a game release you want to play, but not being on a hybrid system.

Ironic how their best system with night and day support from last gen, can actually be more frustrating than a system only good for 1st party games like Wii U.

NOW PLAYING
NS: Diablo 3, Monster Hunter Gen Ult, Dark Souls, World of Final Fantasy, TWEWY
3DS:
PS4/PSVR:
Vita:
X1: Red Dead Redemption 2
PC/Rift:
GPD Win 2: Fire Emblem Path of Radiance

Jesus is Lord.

My Nintendo: JaxonH

Knuckles-Fajita

@TheTetrisGuy It doesn't appear so. All console versions for FIFA etc. are listed separately. So guess the 3DS version just...pfft.

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

darkfenrir

More Octopath Traveler footage! The more I see this the more I want to play it T_T

13 July...

darkfenrir

Switch Friend Code: SW-0242-3593-1338

Grumblevolcano

@FragRed I don't think Switch would be distant third in that outcome, XB1 would likely still be third.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

JaxonH

I don't care about the console race, I just want games. They can come dead last for all I care, but as long as it keeps the games rolling I'm good.

Really happy to see Metroid Prime and Fire Emblem make a proper return to console, and console Pokemon. Already got Xenoblade, and hopefully will get Xeno X ported. Getting a new Bayonetta game, already got a new Zelda...

It's nice seeing more of Nintendo's quality franchises make an appearance. I'm really curious to see Retro Studio's game.

NOW PLAYING
3DS:
PS4/PSVR:
Vita:
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

bluemage1989

@Grumblevolcano you know I read your posts on here and think your pretty spot on about a lot of things but I seriously hope your wrong about the 2018 line up. Third parties and WiiU ports just isn't going to cut it for the majority of Nintendo fans. WiiU ports should be occasional and only for the very best WiiU games and third party Switch games just don't have what it takes at the moment to carry the system.

SW 6041 0289 6234

Currently Playing:

Switch: The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, Garou: Mark of the Wolves and Super Mario Party.

WiiU: Yoshi's Woolly World

N64: Donkey Kong 64.

link3710

@bluemage1989 I don't see any reason we can't have the rest of the major Wii U lineup come over (W101, SM3DW, TMS#FE, XCX, Pikmin 3, and maybe even SFZ, PM:CS or NSMBU) or get sequels in SMM's case. That said, there's no reason to expect as many ports as GrumbleVolcano suggested during the holiday this year. I'd wager we'll see another 3-4 next year in the first half of the year, and the remaining few that will come at all will trickle out over then end of year 3 of the Switch.

I'd wager we'll see XCX next February, W101 seems like a good game for May, and Pikmin 3 maybe in June or July? Then TMS#FE will come out the year after to excite people for SMT V finally coming out.

3D World is the hardest to guess, I'd wager that one might come out in August one year, if it comes at all. They already did most of the work presumably to get Captain Toad running, so it would be strange for it not to come out, yet Mario platformers almost never get anything other than straight emulation these days.

I'd wager the end of this year might look more like this:
August: Pikmin 4 / Retro / Unannounced Crossover
September: Animal Crossing
October: Unannounced Crossover or 3rd Party focused
November: Super Smash Bros. (new not port)
December: Super Mario Maker 2

...How do I end up rambling like this?

link3710

Ralizah

At this point, I've just kind of accepted that I'm going to be repurchasing a lot of games because I want to play them on a hybrid console. It's not the end of the world.

So, yeah, bring on the ports! Virtual Console, too! I'm ready for my Ultimate Nintendo Console.

Edited on by Ralizah

Ralizah

gcunit

I've double-dipped on Mario Kart 8 and Botw, but that's a far as I'll go. Any other Wii U ports I'll ignore until the end of the generation and I can pick them up dirt cheap.

At Christmas we were revelling in what was to come for this record breaking device... and now all anyone can talk about is bloody ports from the (beloved) Faiil U. SMH.

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

TheTetrisGuy

link3710 wrote:

3D World is the hardest to guess, I'd wager that one might come out in August one year, if it comes at all. They already did most of the work presumably to get Captain Toad running, so it would be strange for it not to come out, yet Mario platformers almost never get anything other than straight emulation these days.

I used to be certain we would get a new game in the “3D” series of games, and not a port, but I also thought we would get a Captain Toad sequel as opposed to a port, and now we’re getting 2 ports of Captain Toad so what do I know

Just a geek that likes video games, and spends to much time playing Smash Bros. and Fortnite.

“Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever you were gonna do anyway.” – Iron Man

Grumblevolcano

@bluemage1989 I could see it going as far as I mentioned with Wii U ports especially if Pokemon is a 2018 game. Smash and Pokemon would be Nintendo's equivalent of Red Dead Redemption 2.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Harmonie

gcunit wrote:

I've double-dipped on Mario Kart 8 and Botw, but that's a far as I'll go. Any other Wii U ports I'll ignore until the end of the generation and I can pick them up dirt cheap.

At Christmas we were revelling in what was to come for this record breaking device... and now all anyone can talk about is bloody ports from the (beloved) Faiil U. SMH.

I agree. I would never double-dip beyond those two games, and I'm only likely to ever do so with BoTW when it becomes a selects title.

Although I don't have a number of these games that are getting ported, any of the other ones I had like Super Smash Bros would not get another buy from me. Honestly, if SSB is another port I will never forgive Nintendo for it. You just don't advertise a port in that way.

Either way, while I'm frustrated with how dry the Switch's library has been as of late, I don't really have money to spend anyway, so... However, for holiday season I expect a lot... The SSB (if and ONLY if it is new), Pokemon, and rumored Animal Crossing would make for an amazing lineup. However, I don't know if they'll hold to any of it.

Harmonie

IceClimbers

@Harmonie Which is why it isn't a port. The supposed confusion is entirely fan orchestrated because people kept assuming they'd do a port. All Nintendo did was put out a teaser for their new game.

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

kkslider5552000

I do agree that the first half of this year has been a tad lackluster from Nintendo. Abundantly clear they put all their effort into that first year. I've just not noticed because every single parent review of Labo is the most adorable thing in the world right now. It is a bit weird that new big, mainstream gaming device has otherwise not had a lot of big time releases so far this year. And after last year, I'm not surprised, this is partially what I was expecting. But to be fair, I can tell you this is still miles better than what Wii or Wii U was getting at its "slow" points. It's impossible for me to avoid seeing that a new, well liked indie game has come out all the time on Switch, despite not currently owning, a Switch.

And hey y'know what, that weird Sushi Striker "started on 3DS" game, I found out recently is an indieszero game. They made one of the absolute BEST DS games in Retro Game Challenge, they made NES Remix and that weird Final Fantasy rhythm series, so they have the credibility to make something really fun I feel like. Don't sleep on this one.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Bioshock is 10 years old. Let's play through its horrific environment and see why its so beloved!
LeT's PlAy BIOSHOCK < Link to LP

3DS friend code: 2878 - 9709 - 50...

EvilLucario

Well I'd double-dip for Xenoblade X and Metroid Prime Trilogy (and Hollow Knight but that's an indie), but aside from that not much else.

But my budget for games is running dangerously low, so I can't really buy much of anything.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

JaxonH

@gcunit
now all anyone can talk about is bloody ports from the (beloved) Faiil U

Don't think that's true at all. People are talking about plenty of games that aren't Wii U ports. Mario Tennis, Fire Emblem, Smash, Bayonetta 3, Octopath Traveller, No More Heroes, SMTV, Pokémon, Metroid Prime 4 (I guess Yoshi when it gets closer to release) are all new, Switch-exclusive games people are talking about.

But people are going to be excited for ports in the same way people got excited for PS2 ports on Vita or Wii U ports on 3DS. Not only is it the first ever handheld version of a lot of these games, it's definitely the first ever HD hybrid version... and that's exciting. People should be talking about them. People want to see the best of Wii U come over, and there's nothing wrong with that (and, they'll help Switch continue to break records- it needs Wii U ports to keep a 1st party title per month releasing on average, something not even Sony could dare to dream of attempting)

But that hardly means that's the only thing people are talking about. It's probably the only thing I'm talking about, eeing as DKC Tropical Freeze is one of my favorite games of all time. You people are going to be sick of hearing about that game before I'm done.

Edited on by JaxonH

NOW PLAYING
3DS:
PS4/PSVR:
Vita:
PC/Rift:

Jesus is Lord.

bluemage1989

@kkslider5552000 have to agree with you on that. I've had good feelings about it for a while now and I think people will be pleasantly surprised by Sushi Strikers. Sleeper hit written all over it.

@link3710 im not opposed to the idea of WiiU ports as such I think they should just be supplementary and I can see Nintendo's logic it worked out financially for the PS4 especially in the early stages but I feel they should be spaced out over the lifespan of the Switch. Captain Toad, Hyrule Warriors, NSMB and Mario 3D while they are good games I don't think warrant another release.

Maybe I am just spoilt after such a great first year and should hold back judgment until after E3.

SW 6041 0289 6234

Currently Playing:

Switch: The Elder Scrolls: Skyrim, Garou: Mark of the Wolves and Super Mario Party.

WiiU: Yoshi's Woolly World

N64: Donkey Kong 64.

DarthNocturnal

I'll believe Smash Switch is a port if/ when someone can prove Sakurai is working with Valve. Or former 3D Realms staff.

"Sometimes, I just don't understand human behavior" - C-3P0

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic