Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 27,321 to 27,340 of 70,008

TOUGHDUDE94

@YummyHappyPills then they have installs on the hard drive plus all the patches on day 1 to make it work that take up 100GB on a 500GB Hard drive and that is a HDD not an SSD so it is slower they will hit a point will the games get too big for one system and to slow to do 4k 60fps or 8k 60fps

TOUGHDUDE94

Switch Friend Code: SW-8517-4594-3400 | 3DS Friend Code: 4098-4719-4387 | My Nintendo: TOUGHDUDE | Nintendo Network ID: Andrew1994fl2.0

Ralizah

@andrew20 If you're going to be getting large games that require you to download extra data or have any interest in digital offerings at all, I'd say you should nab a 128GB card when it goes on sale from a reliable brand like Sandisk. Regarding speed, 80MB/s should be sufficient.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Haruki_NLI

Mega Man Legacy Collection 1 and 2 are up on the UK eShop coming soon section. Both £11.99 like on PS4.

SF Anniversary is also there for pre-order. Apparently on the US eShop it uses a PS4 screenshot...

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

gcunit

I hope Nintendo offers Wii U online subscription rather than just pulling the plug.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

JaxonH

How many people still want to play online on Wii U?

And of those that do, how many would actually be willing to pay for it on a legacy console?

I'd say modding is the best bet for Wii U online at this point. Despite all the negatives and downsides, keeping online games alive with custom servers is a huge benefit. I need to follow through on fully hacking my Wii U one of these days. As of now I only bothered with the vWii mode for GameCube. If they pull online, I'll probably finish the job. You can still play games like Tatsunoko vs Capcom online on the Wii thanks to efforts of fans.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

gcunit

@JaxonH I haven't personally for a while, but I definitely want Mario Maker and Smash U to be online for a while yet. Sure, if the community can set up alternative servers, then fine.

You guys had me at blood and semen.

What better way to celebrate than firing something out of the pipe?

Nothing is true. Everything is permitted.

My Nintendo: gcunit | Nintendo Network ID: gcunit

MsJubilee

YummyHappyPills wrote:

Mega Man Legacy Collection 1 and 2 are up on the UK eShop coming soon section. Both £11.99 like on PS4.

SF Anniversary is also there for pre-order. Apparently on the US eShop it uses a PS4 screenshot...

This shows how much Capcom cares about the Switch.

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

FragRed

@MsJubilee It also shows how much Nintendo doesn't check what publishers are putting up on the eShop in terms of screenshots for games.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Anti-Matter

@YummyHappyPills
Capcom can use PS4 version to promote Street Fighter 30th Anniversary on Switch e-shop, But i will buy the Switch version. Never care the PS4 version.

Anti-Matter

skywake

Therad wrote:

the big cost is probably not the material, it is the loading of the game. Blu-rays are pressed, flash needs to have it's contents transferred in some way which takes time. This is probably what drives up the cost, a 32 GB will take twice the time to upload than a 16 GB. Blu-rays cost the same regardless if you load it with one byte or 50 GB.

I'm still not convinced the cost is any more significant than it was on 3DS, Vita, DS and GBA. These aren't N64 cartridge tier cost disincentives

Some playlists: Top All Time Songs, Top Last Year
"Don't stir the pot" is a nice way of saying "they're too dumb to reason with"

DarkRula

It's not so much about the screenshot as a whole as it is about the wrong button inputs being displayed.
That shouldn't ever happen.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

JaxonH

But cart cost is higher than 3DS, Vita, DS and GBA.

Those systems weren't using 8 and 16gb cartridges on a regular basis. They were using 1-4gb cartridges, and far less for DS and GBA. Switch is running full current gen home console games. So it follows that the sizes for those games are much larger on average than previous handhelds used.

So any game exceeding 4gb carts likely run the risk of costing more than they want to pay (and even at 1-4gb costs significantly more than a disc). Notice that, for $20 games Capcom tends to package a download or only offer download (Mega Man Legacy 1/2, Mega Man X Collection 1/2, Okami HD) but for $40 and higher games they don't (Street Fighter Collection, USFII, MHXX). RE Revelations did so simply because the total file size was nearly 40gb, so that's an exception.

Edited on by JaxonH

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

MsJubilee

@FragRed That's true. Just looked at the Eshop page for Super Chariot and it has a PS4 screenshot as well. Is Nintendo even double checking these pages?

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

Nintendoforlife

Ladies and Gentlemen the reason Mario Kart 8 Deluxe was made and released at full price:

Untitled

Nintendoforlife

Haruki_NLI

But..but...no one buys Wii U ports. If they wanted it they got it on Wii U...but...muh logic....

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

EvilLucario

@JaxonH I remember when Capcom wanted to charge $50 for Resident Evil Revelations on 3DS initially because it used a 4 GB card lol.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

TuVictus

Who knew a popular console would sell more copies of a game than a console that was bought by relatively no one

TuVictus

Aozz101x

there we go!
now let's just hope they announced Animal Crossing, and new IPs!

Edited on by Aozz101x

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic