Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 27,341 to 27,360 of 69,995

IceClimbers
  • More Switch Online details will be coming in early May
  • Bayonetta 2 on Switch sold more than Wii U version in same time period.
  • Stardew Valley on Switch nearing 1 million sales
  • Overcooked >500k sales
  • New titles for 3DS planned for 2019 and beyond

Edited on by IceClimbers

3DS Friend Code: 2363-5630-0794

ilikeike

Further proof that Smash Switch isn't a port of Smash 4. They wouldn't make it the centerpiece of their presentation (the video is all focused on it, Treehouse Live opens with it, and a whole tournament at primetime is devoted to it) if it were just a Wii U port.
Smash 5 hype continues!

Mario Galaxy is ten years old, and now I feel old.

Haruki_NLI

Damn. Keep it rolling I guess. Amazing to see 600 titles on the eShop already!

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

EvilLucario

https://puu.sh/Abagi.png

Look at Bayonetta 2's numbers here. If Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and Pokken Tournament DX weren't proof enough that Wii U ports sell, Bayonetta 2 of all games proves that even more. It makes me believe that people will have absolutely no problem paying $60 for DKC: Tropical Freeze when that hits, too.

https://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/pdf/2018/180427_2e.pdf

That's pretty damn impressive, honestly, though I guess it speaks more of how much of a failure the Wii U was than the Switch kicking ass.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

link3710

@ilikeike Obviously, they're just desparate since they don't have anything better to show than wii U ports /s.

I'd still expect there to be tons of people insisting Smash 6 is a port anyways. Why when there's no evidence of such? That's anyone's guess.

Untitled

I mean, check this out from the PDF EvilLucario just linked.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

Haruki_NLI

What stands out there is they said they heard fans clamoring for it.

Thats...telling.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

IceClimbers

The official press release for their E3 plans announcement mentions this:

"Games launching beyond 2018 will be featured at a later date"

Grabs popcorn

EvilLucario

Not Switch-related, but this new "Dragalia Lost" thing for mobile that Nintendo announced... what even is it?

@IceClimbers My memory is terrible, but did they say the same for E3 2017 where it was just for 2017 titles? Because their 2017 spotlight showed Kirby, Yoshi, and of course Metroid Prime 4, and if they said the same for E3 2017 then I don't trust that. Who knows though.

Edited on by EvilLucario

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

IceClimbers

@EvilLucario Looks like some action RPG mobile game. Guaranteed to have gacha mechanics like FE Heroes I'd imagine.

Edit: Nope. According to ERA, they've never ruled out games for the next year like that before.

Edited on by IceClimbers

link3710

@IceClimbers Well now that's interesting. I can't say I'm surprised though, with FE, Smash, Yoshi, TWEWY, Mario Tennis Aces, possibly Dark Souls, and rumors pointing to possible Retro, Animal Crossing, Pokemon, and/or Pikmin 4 reveals, the presentation could easily be packed. Toss in some Amiibos, a few indies, and a couple smaller titles or spinoffs (PMD please?) and you'll fill up the time quite nicely. Not to mention the obligatory 3rd party reveals of course, Ubisoft, Capcom and Squeenix will almost certainly have something.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

EvilLucario

@IceClimbers I took a look at ResetEra and they also said what I brought up, that they said the spotlight focused on 2017 titles but also announced 2018 titles there. Idk what to believe honestly, but I'm gonna hope for 2019 titles for this year's E3 regardless. Of course keep the spotlight on the 2018 games, but they need stuff in 2019 to tide us over before the end of the year.

Edited on by EvilLucario

TheTetrisGuy

IceClimbers wrote:

Grabs popcorn

I’m not sure how to feel about that. On one hand, I hate long development cycles and nothing is more painful that waiting for a game. On the other hand, I would like a broader look onto the future. There’s always going to be other Nintendo Directs though, so I guess this doesn’t really matter anyway.

Just a geek that likes video games, and spends to much time playing Smash Bros. and Fortnite.

“Listen, smile, agree, and then do whatever you were gonna do anyway.” – Iron Man

JoetheLion

@link3710 Yeah, this could mean that the second half of the year could be much better for Switch than the first half and Nintendo has been keeping a lid on a lot of info/details/reveals for E3. Which I think will be the case. I've always thought it would be. I know some people were disappointed with first half of 2018, but I've always thought that Nintendo was going to make up for it in the second half of the year. They just needed 'a breather' because they just came off of 2017 where they did a lot to make that a very good year for Switch.

JoetheLion

EvilLucario

Honestly thinking about it more, the "featured" part makes total sense to me. Why would you want to completely feature 2019 games on the showfloor when you can have a blowout of 2018 games instead? They can still announce 2019 games, just won't be as prominently shown as the 2018 ones.

IceClimbers

I'm in it for the Smash blowout.

Harmonie

IceClimbers wrote:

Grabs popcorn

They pretty much always say something along these lines but then tease something outside of the timeframe.

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

IceClimbers

@Harmonie They say stuff like "the presentation will be focused on Switch titles launching in 2018". That's what they usually say. This time they've explicitly said games coming in 2019 will be featured later on, which they haven't done before.

This ERA post compares this year's press release to last year's: https://www.resetera.com/posts/7252905/

EvilLucario

At the same time, that's PR and you can spin that any way you want. You can announce the 2019 games in the spotlight, but featuring them in Treehouse may not be on the cards like showing off Fire Emblem, Smash, or whatever is coming in 2018.

Therad

Btw, did you all notice that Odyssey have overtaken galaxy 2 in sales and are only 3 millions behind the first galaxy? It might very well overtake it before the holidays.

@skywake regarding the carts, it doesn't matter that they have made cheaper carts before, it still competes with blu-rays this time around. Carts are by their very nature much more expensive to produce.

Edited on by Therad

Therad

NintendoPete

according to gamefront.de - Nintendo will release information on their paid online service on its website in early May!

NintendoPete

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic