Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 24,561 to 24,580 of 70,011

MsJubilee

They know theirs a demand for MH on Switch, SF2 was a success (according to them) and Revelations 1 sold pretty well. What more does Capcom want?

Edited on by MsJubilee

The Harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. When the going gets tough, the tough gets going.

I'm currently playing Watch Dogs 2 & Manhunt

Switch Friend Code: SW-5827-3728-4676 | 3DS Friend Code: 3738-0822-0742

FragRed

That Nintendo Everything article really sounds more like "Yeah, we could bring Monster Hunter to the Switch at some point in the future, but don't count on it. World is doing far to well in the West and Japan to bother with making any games for the Switch. But hey, here's some random 20 year old port for you guys again. Buy this and we may just talk at some point, in some way, about something. Thank you in advance for helping us generate easy risk free money."

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Ubisoft Says “We Are Going To Do More Things” For The Switch In The Future

Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot: “So yes, this relationship continues to grow, and we are very happy with what we were able to achieve with Mario + Rabbids. Let’s also not forget the fact that Just Dance is also a big seller on the Switch, and that will continue to follow the growth of that machine. And yes in the future we are going to do more things – we just can’t go over that right now.”

https://mynintendonews.com/2018/02/13/ubisoft-says-we-are-goi...

https://www.ubisoft.com/en-us/company/investor_center/index.aspx

Edited on by SLIGEACH_EIRE

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

Krull

What does anyone think the chances are of getting WindJammers for Switch? It's a weird one. I know DotEmu released it for PS4 and Vita last year, but they are also supporting Switch (Wonder Boy and Titan Quest). At the same time, Hamster are porting Neo Geo titles left, right and centre - including Turf Masters, which oddly DotEmu also have a licence for, which makes me think Hamster could also port WindJammers...

Thoughts? Knowledge? Anyone? I'd love to see this come to Switch. DotEmu would bring online play. Hamster would bring a lower price tag. Win win.

Switch ID: 5948-6652-1589
3DS ID: 2492-5142-7789

Buizel

I'm also finding that there's way too much coming to the Switch! I'm still on Xenoblade (the game is massive) and have recently got into Puyo Puyo Tetris and Rabbids. And this week alone I'm interested in Bayonetta 1&2, Fe and Owlboy. I really can't keep up. And this is focusing on the Switch and neglecting my other consoles.

I don't think I've ever got so much use out of a console in such a short amount of time before. In fact, for personal use it's possibly already overtaken the Wii U for me (although I did get a fair few multiplayer hours on Smash and MK8!)

Edited on by Buizel

At least 2'8".

GrailUK

My backlog is the precise reason I'm not in to 'live services'. I wanna play all the games, not just one.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

antster1983

Three barebone pool games on Switch in a fortnight! Can you handle the mediocrity?

Premium Pool Arena released on 6th February, BILLIARD releases today, and POOL releases next Tuesday.

Makes me sad that Blade Interactive aren't around anymore. They knew how to make a good pool/snooker game (Pool Shark, World Championship Snooker)

antster1983

Switch Friend Code: SW-7169-0993-3009 | Nintendo Network ID: antster1983 | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

I guess the mid-February Direct rumour came to nothing then, next week would be late-February and we'd know about a Direct by now if it was happening tomorrow.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TuVictus

I'm still not sure why people are expecting a direct soon. Don't we technically know about most games coming until E3 anyway? I imagine they'd want to cover the second half of the year then.

Though I do expect we'll get something from them before E3

TuVictus

link3710

@MisterPi Fairly simple. We don't have release dates for HW:DE or Mario Tennis Aces, and both of those are due out June at the latest. They need to announce the date at least a month before release, ergo, a direct before E3.

Also, the fact that historically there's always been a major direct in February or March, so there's that too. It's looking like it'll be March this year though. They definitely need to have something with a release date besides DK:TF once Kirby is out.

Edited on by link3710

link3710

FragRed

@MisterPi Well Nintendo haven't had an indie Direct for a long while now and they had two last year, so even if they don't have a Direct for the bigger games, I am surprised they haven't had any for the indies yet.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Grumblevolcano

The only way I don't see a Direct happening at some point before E3 is if 3DS is dead and the unknown Spring release dates get revealed on social media with Mario Tennis Aces being June. Even in that case, I still think we'd possibly get a Direct that teased some summer announcements.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TuVictus

I think dates for things like Tennis and HW are small enough to be shoved into a tweet. However, I do expect we'll get one before E3, where they'll mainly announce games for this year with more details being given at E3.

TuVictus

SLIGEACH_EIRE

KIMISHIMA: EXPANDING THE SWITCH CAUSAL AUDIENCE IS MY 2018 PRIORITY

Ascii – In the first year (of Nintendo Switch), many core gamers became aware of it.

Kimishima – As expected, core gamers have understood the concept (of Nintendo Switch) after its launch. That said, after Super Mario Odyssey was released, the number of families playing Nintendo games have slowly started to increased.

Ascii – So your plan is to further broaden the casual audience in the second year (of Nintendo Switch)?

Kimishima: Yes. There are certainly many casual gamers who ignore ordinary games. Shouldn’t we expand the audience by making the same people think, “Nintendo Switch has become a huge topic recently, perhaps I should try it out?”

To further explain the meaning behind what I said, Nintendo Labo was announced at the timing (people felt that). Many people seem to have been surprised by its news.

https://nintendosoup.com/kimishima-expanding-switch-causal-au...

SLIGEACH_EIRE

Nintendo Network ID: SLIGEACH_EIRE

TuVictus

All good as long as they know that they need to keep the 2017 buyers happy as well. It'd suck if it was one or the other

TuVictus

Grumblevolcano

Switch Music and Switch Fit confirmed for E3 2018!

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

link3710

@Grumblevolcano To be completely fair, I'd be totally fine with a low effort, rebranded Switch Fit that was basically a Wii Fit Plus port. I know I'm in the vast minority there though lol.

link3710

Gamer83

@Grumblevolcano
LOL, no thanks. I'd be down for some Switch Sports Resort though.

Edited on by Gamer83

Gamer83

Grumblevolcano

@link3710 It would be fine bringing back the "Wii" brand for Switch with "Wii" replaced with "Switch" but if it was to happen, revealing outside Directs/E3 would be the best approach like Nintendo did in January with Labo.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic