Forums

Topic: The Nintendo Switch Thread

Posts 21,941 to 21,960 of 70,035

JaxonH

@YummyHappyPills
Oh I'm sure I'll make one eventually when the system comes out but I don't need to make one now.

People ask me a question I'm going to answer.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

NEStalgia

@JaxonH yeah. I keep telling myself that with steam sales u should really have apc...x1x games are just money suckers in contrast, and xbo doesn't have the amazing sales even psn does let alone steam, but..... That config mess....ugh. and the hardware costs (plywood had heard THAT story. Never had a console fail. Had 5 $400+ video cards fail.... Plus a$250 psu and the usual hdds plus one motherboard) i miss rts though.... : (. Just gave up free heart of the swarm by 2 days due to not having steam installed

That win 2 sounds awesome. A bit steep in price but awesome! If it were for sale now and cheaper is be interested, but that's just the hoarder in me.... i have like 5 huge rpgs for the systems i have already piled up.... And more coming this year!

NEStalgia

JaxonH

@NEStalgia
Love the ease of using X1X, and knowing games like Wolfenstein II are running full 4K- native 3840x2160 and 60fps. And it's just so easy to boot up and play and then hop out and put the system in sleep mode again. You pay for convenience. And I'm OK with that.

Switch is a fantastic buy though, not only for the price (it takes a handheld twice as expensive to rival it in power, granted I do think they are over pricing that device), but also just because of its utility and function that you simply cannot find anywhere else.

The ease of transitioning back-and-forth from the TV to handheld and then back-and-forth from tabletop and sliding the controllers off... cannot be overstated. And that's something that really sets the Switch above the rest. No matter what are other cool devices come out I will always love Switch for its incredible convenience, utility and function, and obviously the exclusive games. And even third party games being portable, but also being console games and also being portable console games, and being all three whenever you want them to be. It's fantastic.

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

NEStalgia

@JaxonH yep! I have recovered by love for PlayStation after psvr, but switch is still the anchor of my gaming universe. Just impossible to find a better Swiss army knife of gaming. Everything else is dessert, switch is the entree.

NEStalgia

Haruki_NLI

I think my new glasses are highlighting just how low the resolution for Rocket League goes. Good god.

Also doesnt seem to be 60fps. Sometimes yes like in replays or menus but during gameplay I see it hovering around what seems like 50.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

JaxonH

The recent update for Rocket League drastically improved resolution in handheld mode. Maybe docked too? Not sure. But I know it looks really sharp and crisp on the handheld now.

Digital Foundry shows framerate pretty much stays at 60. A few momentary drops at moments of impact but aside from that, it seems to stay at 60.

Haruki_NLI

@JaxonH Im getting drops to around 50 from what I can see portably.

Docked it looks fine though I only have a 1080p 40" TV.

On handheld it looks fine. I mean...when a match starts it doesnt. The resolution and assets pop in and the frame rate is a little lower at the start.

This may all just be netcode hampering performance briefly. But frame rate does suffer as a match starts as well as asset quality.

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

NEStalgia

@DarthNocturnal hmm but sale and good sale aren't the same thing.. How good/bad are the sales?

Yeah, b. Net... Oops still, sucks to miss a free game by 3 days!

Edited on by NEStalgia

NEStalgia

Xyphon22

Are there any demos or anything like that that aren't in US? I am wondering if it is worth setting up accounts for Japan and Europe if I almost certainly will never actually buy anything from those other shops.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Spoony_Tech

@Xyphon22 The Monster Hunter demo alone is worth it. I still think the game will come stateside next year at some point.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

RR529

@Xyphon22, the Japanese eShop has demos for Monster Hunter XX & Dragon Quest Heroes I&II that other eShops don't.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

Xyphon22

@Spoony_Tech @RR529 Cool, thanks. I've never cared for Monster Hunter much, but I'm not one to pass up a free demo.
One thing I'm wondering about, do the games have eManuals anymore? I've played Mario and Zelda and haven't found anyway to read one. Both games do a good job of teaching you in-game what to do, but reading manuals is just something I've always done before playing a game, and it seems like something that would be more important whenever I get something like Xenoblade or Disgaea.

Edited on by Xyphon22

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

SKTTR

YummyHappyPills wrote:

@Eagle9 I am making an effort to post the UK eShop charts somewhat frequently.

1: Rocket League
2: Minecraft: Nintendo Switch Edition
3: Arcade Archives: Vs. Super Mario Bros. (NEW)
4: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
5: Stardew Valley
6: Overcooked: Special Edition (20% OFF)
7: Enter The Gungeon (NEW)
8: Super Mario Odyssey
9: Steamworld Dig 2 (26% OFF)
10: Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle
11: 1-2 Switch
12: Sonic Mania
13: Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove
14: FIFA 18 (33% OFF)
15: Brawlout (NEW)

Here's the German eShop charts for today:

01. Rocket League (Psyonix) -25%
02. Vs. Super Mario Bros. (Hamster) New
03. Mario+Rabbids: Kingdom Battle (Ubisoft) -33%
04. Stardew Valley (Chucklefish)
05. Minecraft - Nintendo Switch Edition (Mojang)
06. Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo)
07. SteamWorld Dig 2 (Image&Form) -25%
08. Overcooked! Special Edition (Team17) -20%
09. Enter the Gungeon (Devolver Digital) New
10. Yooka-Laylee (Team17) New
11. Super Mario Odyssey (Nintendo)
12. Brawlout (Angry Mob Games) New
13. FIFA 18 (Electronic Arts) -33%
14. Human Fall Flat (Curve)
15. Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Nintendo)

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

FragRed

This is interesting. Nintendo are delaying the 64GB card until 2019... And developers hope the price of current cards drop.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

kobashi100

FragRed wrote:

This is interesting. Nintendo are delaying the 64GB card until 2019... And developers hope the price of current cards drop.

I would be shocked to see any publishers use a 64GB cart but yeah it would mean that price of the 32GB carts would drop so publishers would jump on that which is great for the consumer.

Considering the amount of stick third parties get for not using 32GB carts it's pretty hilarious to see Nintendo not use a 32GB cart for bayonetta 1&2

kobashi100

JaxonH

The 64gb carts need to happen. It'll only drive prices down for the 32gb carts, which we desperately need.

I started buying digital in addition to physical, so it makes no difference to me now anyways. But I can't bear to think about how many quality, quality games have released running full 720p in handheld mode with special features for the system... The people have skipped over such a trivial reason as the cartridge it's being sold on.

I was playing LA Noire this morning on the handheld and I was just in awe of how good it looked. And when you touch the screen it causes this amazing ripple effact, and you can play the entire game on the touchscreen if you wanted to I think. Turning the camera and selecting options... all that. And then I think how many people haven't experienced this fantastic port... it saddens me.

So yeah they need to get on this as soon as possible. If they made the 32gb carts cheaper, I think the majority of games would no longer have an issue. Because very few of them would need downloads beyond 30 gigs. And maybe a few of them would, but it wouldn't be much.

Grumblevolcano

I think the developers who need the 64GB cart would probably be like Rockstar (e.g. GTAV, RDR2) and Bethesda (e.g. Fallout 4). We know the LA Noire mess was not because of Switch carts because the same thing happened for the other platforms so if something like GTAV came to Switch there may not be a large download.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

TuVictus

Tbh the only developer I would see using all the space honestly without passing the cost onto the consumer would be monolith and any future switch game they make. Nintendo themselves are so good at compression they probably won't ever need more than 32gigs I'd say

TuVictus

JaxonH

Valkyria Chronicles 4 looking good. This is the first gameplay that's been shown.

Edited on by JaxonH

FragRed

I don't think releasing the 64GB cart would necessarily drive down prices of smaller carts. It's just another size to consider when porting or creating games for the system. Thing is, even Nintendo themselves don't use 32GB carts so it's probably not in their interest to bother with bigger ones any time soon. Bayonetta 1 & 2 should be on the same cart but only in Japan is that happening.

NEW WEBSITE LAUNCHED! Regular opinion articles, retro game reviews and impression pieces on new games! ENGAGE VG: EngageVG.com

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic