Forums

Topic: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Posts 221 to 240 of 1,231

Ralizah

Oh man. If you had told me in 2011 that 6 year later it'd be possible to play an even nicer-looking version of the game on a portable device...

Technology really is marvelous.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Ryu_Niiyama

@MegaTen Agreed. The hybrid nature alone would inspire people to double dip. I play bethesda games on PC all day, every day and modded to Sovengarde and back but I'm honestly excited for portable skyrim. There are so many multiplats that would pad the library and fly off the shelves if third parties ported to switch the way they do to the HDTwins (both have had a lot of ports so far and no one blinks). Give me all of AC on the switch (the collections would tide over not getting origins), Bioshock, Okami HD, seriously there is so much stuff that they can be "lazy" about and earn consumer funds and goodwill.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Haru17

There are, give or take, 8 different looking horses in Skyrim. A different coat found in each of the main cities' stables and a few horses given by quests.

And yeah, I don't see any harm in ports like the Revelations games. It helps that Elder Scrolls games are largely independent of one another. No one is going to feel left out by not going back to play Arena, lol.

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

LuckyLand

Honestly there are not many third party games that I care about... Expecially third party games that were made for PS3/XBox... I never liked those games for the most part, and some of those I'm interested in are less likely to be ported than others (for example I'd like Dragon's dogma but I think Capcom would probably port a Resident evil game instead), but no matter what Elder Scrolls games are and will always be in the very first position for me in the list of third party games I want. The lack of Elder Scrolls was the biggest flaw in Nintendo consoles until now, the thing I "missed" the most (I had them on other consoles and on pc but I always wanted them on Nintendo). This is extremely exciting for me. It's not even about the overall quality of one single game in this franchise, I just absolutely love "the template" they use to build Elder scrolls games, "the mold" of this series. It was pure genius back then when they made Daggerfall (I say Daggerfall because I never tried the first one) and it is pure genius even now.

Edited on by LuckyLand

I used to be a ripple user like you, then I took The Arrow in the knee

Spoony_Tech

I said on their Twitter account I hope this does well enough that they consider bring a version of Fallout to the Switch. Now I know Fallout 4 probably wouldn't be possible but I would take 3 or New Vegas in a heartbeat.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

TuVictus

I'd rather have 3 or NV over 4 either way. So yeah I second that

TuVictus

kkslider5552000

I think my brother would get a Switch ASAP if he could get handheld Fallout 3. And even if that was the only game he played on it, he would play that one game more than I've played games all year.

Edited on by kkslider5552000

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

Haru17

@Meowpheel ?

Untitled

But seriously, the only other Bethesda games the Switch could do until 2.0 are HD remakes of Oblivion, Fallout 3, or Morrowind. Outside of that games like Wolfenstein and The Evil Within would fit well. The Elder Scrolls: Legends, especially, would work great on the Switch's touch screen. It's a beautiful, quite deep card game.

Eel

I kept expecting that image to become more opaque after loading properly. It never happened.

Anyway, if it was because I left the "Fallout" out of the name of a game in the series, I guess it means @Operative2-0 's post made no sense at all.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

GrailUK

I am sure the Switch has loading when you enter a building. That original video on the last page was instantaneous (barring a very quick fade).

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Tyranexx

If anyone had told me a Bethesda game would appear on a Nintendo console a few years ago, let alone Skyrim, I would have laughed in sad disbelief. This is something I've been wanting for years, and now it's finally coming to fruition. What's even better is that it doesn't look like a shoddy port.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

rk3388

@Tyranexx For that reason I have pre-ordered.

Not too happy that it's full priced, but SO FAR looks like they are putting in effort with the graphics and little bonus additions for the switch (Zelda costumes and potentially other references, Motion controls etc)

rk3388

Haru17

There is also exactly one new item in the Special Edition (besides the DLC content); the executioner's hood found in the tutorial dungeon the game takes you through. Believe me, we were confused too.

Haru17

Yup, that looks like Skyrim.

KirbyTheVampire

Extremely jealous of anyone playing through this for the first time. Definitely a contender for my favorite game ever.

KirbyTheVampire

-Green-

I'll probably give this game a shot again. I bought it a while ago, but I got bored of it quickly. My sister started it but she stopped playing it because she apparently got stuck and couldn't stop getting killed.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Samus7Killer

Fallout > E.S.
Gimmie Fallouts and ill triple dip those. Not buy Skyrim ever again after double dipped it on PlayStation

Edited on by Samus7Killer

Samus7Killer

Tyranexx

MegaTen wrote:

Definitely not a sloppy, lazy port. All we need now...is a solid release date!

Beyond seconded.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

Haru17

Untitled

@MegaTen It's nowhere near that much of a difference. Breath Hyrule is a little bit taller than Skyrim, but they're roughly the same. The consider all of the barren mountains, oceans, lakes, canyons, and the entire Gerudo Highlands and Hebra regions used to fill space. Breath has several movement options to prevent the world from feeling like a bore, but Bethesda games have actively slow walking and horse speeds to encourage players to explore things along the way and get lost in dungeons and side quests on the way to an objective.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic