Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 6,061 to 6,080 of 6,185

Miadaskate

Special Reserve’s Collector’s Edition for Gris is $250. Yikes.

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

PS4 : The Division 2
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

Magician

Red Art Games announcing Switch release #4 tomorrow.

Must be an all-around new game since PS4lovers has been hashtagged.

Switch Physical Collection - 363 games (as of July 12th, 2019)
Currently playing: Super Neptunia RPG (Switch) Mary Skelter (PS Vita) Borderlands The Pre-sequel (PS4)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

Magician

Miadaskate wrote:

Special Reserve’s Collector’s Edition for Gris is $250. Yikes.

For a game that's more "art" than "game"...I'm not surprised.

250 pieces for the CE, $250.
3,000 pieces for the artbook bundle, $80.
Three-week open preorder for the standard edition, $35.

My budget says "no" to the uber-edition. However, that artbook bundle? Not unreasonable, very tempting.
https://twitter.com/specialreserves/status/1143255220413259776

Edited on by Magician

Currently playing: Super Neptunia RPG (Switch) Mary Skelter (PS Vita) Borderlands The Pre-sequel (PS4)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

Miadaskate

I meant to write all the details, but I was leaving work.

I’ll probably get the art book release.

Currently Playing :

I also might get the artbook release. I have the normal version pre-ordered on Amazon, is this another thing like Everspace PS4, where Amazon lists it, then it becomes exclusive to somewhere, or is it just an alternate cover?

Also interested in how Super Neptunia RPG is, my copy is scheduled to arrive tomorrow.

I have many games, far too few of them played. Currently making my way through:
3DS: Pokemon Ultra Moon
PS4: Odin Sphere Leifthrasir, Horizon Zero Dawn, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
PS3: Battlefield: Bad Company 2
PC: Shadowrun Hong Kong
Switch: DS: GBA:

My Nintendo: Avatar40k | Nintendo Network ID: Avatar40k

Miadaskate

I also might get the artbook release. I have the normal version pre-ordered on Amazon, is this another thing like Everspace PS4, where Amazon lists it, then it becomes exclusive to somewhere, or is it just an alternate cover?

US Amazon or ? All I see is a digital code listing.

Currently Playing :

Magician

@Miadaskate

?

Sounds sketchy. As far as I know this is a Special Reserve exclusive physical release. Do you have a link for the Amazon listing?

Miadaskate

Magician wrote:

?

Sounds sketchy. As far as I know this is a Special Reserve exclusive physical release. Do you have a link for the Amazon listing?

Right. I’m confused as well.

Currently Playing :

Miadaskate

Red Art’s next game is Neurovoider. Out June 30th. My Birthday!

“Premium Edition” comes with :

Slipcover
5 exclusive postcards
Poster

No English text on case and no manual = no sale.

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

Paraka

@Miadaskate - That reminds me, I have to now contact RAG for those assets so I can at least make an English one.

Literally just finished my MMXL collection covers today.

Edited on by Paraka

Paraka

Magician

Miadaskate wrote:

Red Art’s next game is Neurovoider. Out June 30th. My Birthday!

“Premium Edition” comes with :

Slipcover
5 exclusive postcards
Poster

No English text on case and no manual = no sale.

?

Looks like English to me.
Untitled

BruceCM wrote:

Heard rather mixed things about Super Neptunia. Do let me know what you think of that when playing, though

Half an hour in, I mostly like what I see. Beautiful artwork, tight controls, nice music, etc. My only problem is the font size. In portable mode the font size is brutally small. I worry about the possibility of playing this on a Switch Mini.

Edited on by Magician

BruceCM

Cool, @Magician .... Hopefully, you'll like it I think I overdid Neptunia games on my Vita, so I'll skip that 1

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

Miadaskate

Magician wrote:

? Looks like English to me.

Just the title. Everything else on the cover, inside and out, will be entirely in French, due to French law. And no manual is an insult, to be honest.

I was quite disappointed by Old Man’s Journey. It will probably be my first and last Red Art purchase.

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

Miadaskate

Bit the bullet on the Game & Artbook Edition of Gris. I almost didn’t though; I almost cancelled after I saw the $15 shipping fee. Kind of a deal-breaker. They have to do something about their shipping prices.

On another note, I do have some good news about this release. I messaged Special Reserve because I noticed the regular edition shows the Collector’s Box, but the pictures of the Game & Art Book Edition does not show the box. However, it will include the box too.

Currently Playing :

Magician

Miadaskate wrote:

Magician wrote:

? Looks like English to me.

Just the title. Everything else on the cover, inside and out, will be entirely in French, due to French law.

Ah that's right, you had concerns with Old Man's Journey and all the French for the game details on the back box art, didn't you? Remembering that, I can better understand your reluctance to order Neuro Voider. However, it is a great game, arguably Red Art Game's best choice of games for a physical release to date. It's kind of unfortunate that Enter the Gungeon overshadows this game in the genre.

Edited on by Magician

Miadaskate

Magician wrote:

Ah that's right, you had concerns with Old Man's Journey and all the French for the game details on the back box art, didn't you? Remembering that, I can better understand your reluctance to order Neuro Voider. However, it is a great game, arguably Red Art Game's best choice of games for a physical release to date. It's kind of unfortunate that Enter the Gungeon overshadows this game in the genre.

Yeahhhhhh

It’s all good though. Perhaps I’ll check out some gameplay videos.

Currently Playing :

Magician

Had to settle for the standard version of Gris. I would've loved to have that artbook, but I need the funds for Neuro Voider from Red Art Games on Thursday and Ninja Saviors from Strictly Limited this weekend. Then there's Transistor from LRG next Friday and Rogue Legacy two weeks after that. And there's no telling when Nicalis will drop Ikaruga in their store?

This Switch collecting business has been so serious lately.

leerafuse

Magician wrote:

Had to settle for the standard version of Gris. I would've loved to have that artbook, but I need the funds for Neuro Voider from Red Art Games on Thursday and Ninja Saviors from Strictly Limited this weekend. Then there's Transistor from LRG next Friday and Rogue Legacy two weeks after that. And there's no telling when Nicalis will drop Ikaruga in their store?

This Switch collecting business has been so serious lately.

You said it. Sometimes there is a lull with these limited games. Then bam, we have 3-4 in a week. With LRG I wait to bundle at at least 2 of their games, especially with their hiked shipping prices to Canada as of late. Although the shipping prices from Special Reserve are even worse. Ouch

Edited on by leerafuse

336 Switch games... and counting...
N64 games.. completed!!
130 NES games... and counting...
41 PSP games... and counting...

Belexes

This was free with my Best Buy pre-order of Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Metal Case. What was odd is I ordered the game shipped to my door, but I had to go to the store to pickup the metal case at Customer Service. They wouldn't ship it.

It is available for $15 at BB if you want to get it independently.

Novobox - Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Metal Case - Black/Red/White/Silver/Blue
A $14.99 value!
Only at Best Buy
Showcase part of your gaming collection in stunning fashion with this Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Metal Case. The high-quality metal construction protects against damage, and the multicolored exterior with multiple characters captures attention. This Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night Metal Case features two interior clips to store an instruction manual and a secure location for disc storage

Belexes

My bad. I confused Gris with CrisTales. I can barely keep anything straight these days.

On the downside, I confused all of you fine people.
On the upside, I didn't realize Gris was getting a physical release, and am pleasantly surprised.

Edited on by Avatar40k

I have many games, far too few of them played. Currently making my way through:
3DS: Pokemon Ultra Moon
PS4: Odin Sphere Leifthrasir, Horizon Zero Dawn, Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
PS3: Battlefield: Bad Company 2
PC: Shadowrun Hong Kong
Switch: DS: GBA:

My Nintendo: Avatar40k | Nintendo Network ID: Avatar40k

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic