Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 6,041 to 6,060 of 11,365

ihatemydent

In case anyone missed the LRG pre-order window for either Toe Jam & Earl or Celeste they are now up for pre-order on Best Buy.

Toe Jam & Earl releases 7/9/19:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/toejam-earl-back-in-the-groove-n...

Celeste release date TBD:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/celeste-nintendo-switch/6352177....

On a personal note I much prefer the Best Buy version of the cover of Celeste to the LRG version, so I will be picking up the one sheet alternate if they offer it on their site this time around.

Edited on by ihatemydent

ihatemydent

Miadaskate

ihatemydent wrote:

On a personal note I much prefer the Best Buy version of the cover of Celeste to the LRG version, so I will be picking up the one sheet alternate if they offer it on their site this time around.

I don’t; I haven’t seen a LRG / Best Buy cover that has been superior to the original release. However; because they are sold for so cheap, I do like to buy the alternates occasionally. I’ll probably get the alternate cover for BloodStained, ToeJam & Earl, and Celeste. Question : when you guys purchase the alternate covers, do you buy the cases or just the covers? I like that LRG gives you the option.

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

Belexes

Miadaskate wrote:

Question : when you guys purchase the alternate covers, do you buy the cases or just the covers? I like that LRG gives you the option.

Case + cover for me. But then I open up the one without the game and think I lost it. And remember I have two. I am going to do a big cover/case purchase once Celeste is available.

Belexes

Paraka

FINALLY got done with the omnibus update to June.

Untitled Untitled

And my resources are starting to thin, others are not updating their own lists, so I may need help filling in the gaps this next go around.

Seriously, let me know if I am missing games on this list.

Paraka

SpaceAce13

I wish. I was so excited for this release. Actually just got the chance to play it for the first time last night and beat it in one sitting with a friend. What an incredible game. I still may import it just to have it @Xyphon22

SpaceAce13

Magician

I'm fairly upset with Fangamer at the moment. I backed Bloodstained at the $150 tier and they sent me the $60 tier. No bueno. Inquiring email sent immediately.

However, I got my Super Neptunia RPG LE from Idea Factory though, so the day isn't a complete loss.

Update: I got an auto-response email (Fangamer must be flooded with emails from equally upset customers). "Your physical rewards will be shipping separately at a later time." Ugh. I would have preferred they all shipped at the same time honestly, it would've saved me all this anxiety.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

BruceCM

So, you got the physical game in it's nice case & all that, @Magician. ...? I'm sure the rest will come! Started playing yet?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Magician

BruceCM wrote:

So, you got the physical game in it's nice case & all that, @Magician. ...? I'm sure the rest will come! Started playing yet?

Yeah, got the game with the backer slipcase.

Haven't fired it up yet though, I can't decide between it or Super Neptunia RPG.

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

BruceCM

Heard rather mixed things about Super Neptunia, @Magician .... Do let me know what you think of that when playing, though

SW-4357-9287-0699
Steam: Bruce_CM

Miadaskate

Special Reserve’s Collector’s Edition for Gris is $250. Yikes.

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

Magician

Red Art Games announcing Switch release #4 tomorrow.

Must be an all-around new game since PS4lovers has been hashtagged.

Magician

Miadaskate wrote:

Special Reserve’s Collector’s Edition for Gris is $250. Yikes.

For a game that's more "art" than "game"...I'm not surprised.

250 pieces for the CE, $250.
3,000 pieces for the artbook bundle, $80.
Three-week open preorder for the standard edition, $35.

My budget says "no" to the uber-edition. However, that artbook bundle? Not unreasonable, very tempting.

https://twitter.com/specialreserves/status/1143255220413259776

Edited on by Magician

Miadaskate

I meant to write all the details, but I was leaving work.

I’ll probably get the art book release.

Currently Playing :

I also might get the artbook release. I have the normal version pre-ordered on Amazon, is this another thing like Everspace PS4, where Amazon lists it, then it becomes exclusive to somewhere, or is it just an alternate cover?

Also interested in how Super Neptunia RPG is, my copy is scheduled to arrive tomorrow.

I have many games, far too few of them played. Currently making my way through:
3DS: Bravely Default
Switch: Rune Factory 4 Special
PS4: Greedfall
PC: Satisfactory, Pathfinder Kingmaker
PS3: DS: GBA: SNES: GC: Wii:

My Nintendo: Avatar40k | Nintendo Network ID: Avatar40k

Miadaskate

I also might get the artbook release. I have the normal version pre-ordered on Amazon, is this another thing like Everspace PS4, where Amazon lists it, then it becomes exclusive to somewhere, or is it just an alternate cover?

US Amazon or ? All I see is a digital code listing.

Currently Playing :

Magician

@Miadaskate

?

Sounds sketchy. As far as I know this is a Special Reserve exclusive physical release. Do you have a link for the Amazon listing?

Miadaskate

Magician wrote:

?

Sounds sketchy. As far as I know this is a Special Reserve exclusive physical release. Do you have a link for the Amazon listing?

Right. I’m confused as well.

Currently Playing :

Miadaskate

Red Art’s next game is Neurovoider. Out June 30th. My Birthday!

“Premium Edition” comes with :

Slipcover
5 exclusive postcards
Poster

No English text on case and no manual = no sale.

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

Paraka

@Miadaskate - That reminds me, I have to now contact RAG for those assets so I can at least make an English one.

Literally just finished my MMXL collection covers today.

Edited on by Paraka

Paraka

Magician

Miadaskate wrote:

Red Art’s next game is Neurovoider. Out June 30th. My Birthday!

“Premium Edition” comes with :

Slipcover
5 exclusive postcards
Poster

No English text on case and no manual = no sale.

?

Looks like English to me.
Untitled

BruceCM wrote:

Heard rather mixed things about Super Neptunia. Do let me know what you think of that when playing, though

Half an hour in, I mostly like what I see. Beautiful artwork, tight controls, nice music, etc. My only problem is the font size. In portable mode the font size is brutally small. I worry about the possibility of playing this on a Switch Mini.

Edited on by Magician

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic