Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 6,041 to 6,060 of 6,341

Xyphon22

Was there a physical release of Little Nightmares in the US? I can't remember, and Amazon has multiple different listings that make it confusing. It's only $9 on the eShop now, but I prefer physical if I can.

Xyphon22

3DS Friend Code: 5069-3937-8083

Magician

Xyphon22 wrote:

Was there a physical release of Little Nightmares in the US? I can't remember, and Amazon has multiple different listings that make it confusing. It's only $9 on the eShop now, but I prefer physical if I can.

Planned, preorders opened, but then it was cancelled at the last minute.

You can get a European copy from Shop4megastore, which currently has it at a pretty awesome discount.
https://www.shop4megastore.com/nintendo-switch-games/little-n...

P.S. - Play-Asia has opened preorders for an English version of Oninaki, which is currently a Japan exclusive physical release. Their previous listing for Oninaki was for the Japanese-language-only version.

Old listing: https://www.play-asia.com/oninaki/13/70ck0x

New listing: https://www.play-asia.com/oninaki-multi-language/13/70ck5l

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 387 games (as of August 23rd, 2019)
Currently playing: OPUS Collection (Switch) Mary Skelter (PS Vita) Borderlands The Pre-sequel (PS4)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

Magician

Miadaskate wrote:

Vostok Inc. is getting a physical release in July.

Won’t ship until December though :

https://www.wiredproductions.com/products/vostok-inc

Another previously German-only release getting a global release at last? Makes me happy, it's a great game. I hope a global release for Tales of the Tiny Planet is next.

Currently playing: OPUS Collection (Switch) Mary Skelter (PS Vita) Borderlands The Pre-sequel (PS4)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

Miadaskate

Sparklite, Children of Morta, and Northgard are all getting the Signatures Edition treatment. Available to Pre-Order next Friday.

Currently Playing :

PS4 : The Division 2
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

MasterBlaster

Miadaskate wrote:

In case you don’t follow the insanity that is the “Nintendo Switch Physical Collectors” Facebook Group, over the weekend it was announced that shovelware game “Tiny Troopers - Joint Ops XL” received a limited physical release (5,000 copies) via Walmart and the stores were randomly stocked. Which of course resulted in everyone running out and buying multiple copies and putting them right on eBay. That place is becoming scalper city, I swear. This game is not worth anything and will never be worth anything. These are the same morons who flipped out when Bendy and Katamari sold out (when really they were just temporarily out of stock). I feel like their “fear of missing out” directly influences the second-hand market.

Thanks for the heads up. I think I am going to bite on one of these on Ebay. They are only around $37 and they are sold out all around me. I never even heard of this game until this thread. I doubt this gets another print run. I disagree that it is like Bendy or Katamari but only time will tell

Edited on by MasterBlaster

MasterBlaster

Magician

Friday the 13th is open to preorder at Amazon NA.
https://www.amazon.com/Friday-13th-Ultimate-Slasher-Nintendo-...

Miadaskate

MasterBlaster wrote:

Thanks for the heads up. I think I am going to bite on one of these on Ebay. They are only around $37 and they are sold out all around me. I never even heard of this game until this thread. I doubt this gets another print run. I disagree that it is like Bendy or Katamari but only time will tell

Honestly; I would wait. People ran out and bought these thinking they’d be easy to sell because of the rarity factor, but the truth is no one wants them. The game is crap. They’re going to be stuck with them. The prices will go down. I’d wait.

Bendy and Katamari aren’t rare at all; I was trying to make a point that people freak out when things sell out, thinking they won’t be reprinted. Once Gamestop sold out, people went insane. Then they restocked like a few weeks later and everything was fine.

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

leerafuse

Magician wrote:

Miadaskate wrote:

Vostok Inc. is getting a physical release in July.

Won’t ship until December though :

https://www.wiredproductions.com/products/vostok-inc

Another previously German-only release getting a global release at last? Makes me happy, it's a great game. I hope a global release for Tales of the Tiny Planet is next.

Man I should of waited on these early releases!! haha

351 Switch games... and counting...
N64 games.. completed!!
130 NES games... and counting...
58 PSP games... and counting...

SW-5222-8583-6229

ihatemydent

In case anyone missed the LRG pre-order window for either Toe Jam & Earl or Celeste they are now up for pre-order on Best Buy.

Toe Jam & Earl releases 7/9/19:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/toejam-earl-back-in-the-groove-n...

Celeste release date TBD:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/celeste-nintendo-switch/6352177....

On a personal note I much prefer the Best Buy version of the cover of Celeste to the LRG version, so I will be picking up the one sheet alternate if they offer it on their site this time around.

Edited on by ihatemydent

ihatemydent

Miadaskate

ihatemydent wrote:

On a personal note I much prefer the Best Buy version of the cover of Celeste to the LRG version, so I will be picking up the one sheet alternate if they offer it on their site this time around.

I don’t; I haven’t seen a LRG / Best Buy cover that has been superior to the original release. However; because they are sold for so cheap, I do like to buy the alternates occasionally. I’ll probably get the alternate cover for BloodStained, ToeJam & Earl, and Celeste. Question : when you guys purchase the alternate covers, do you buy the cases or just the covers? I like that LRG gives you the option.

Currently Playing :

Belexes

Miadaskate wrote:

Question : when you guys purchase the alternate covers, do you buy the cases or just the covers? I like that LRG gives you the option.

Case + cover for me. But then I open up the one without the game and think I lost it. And remember I have two. I am going to do a big cover/case purchase once Celeste is available.

Belexes

Paraka

FINALLY got done with the omnibus update to June.

Untitled Untitled

And my resources are starting to thin, others are not updating their own lists, so I may need help filling in the gaps this next go around.

Seriously, let me know if I am missing games on this list.

Paraka

SpaceAce13

I wish. I was so excited for this release. Actually just got the chance to play it for the first time last night and beat it in one sitting with a friend. What an incredible game. I still may import it just to have it @Xyphon22

SpaceAce13

Magician

I'm fairly upset with Fangamer at the moment. I backed Bloodstained at the $150 tier and they sent me the $60 tier. No bueno. Inquiring email sent immediately.

However, I got my Super Neptunia RPG LE from Idea Factory though, so the day isn't a complete loss.

Update: I got an auto-response email (Fangamer must be flooded with emails from equally upset customers). "Your physical rewards will be shipping separately at a later time." Ugh. I would have preferred they all shipped at the same time honestly, it would've saved me all this anxiety.

Edited on by Magician

BruceCM

So, you got the physical game in it's nice case & all that, @Magician. ...? I'm sure the rest will come! Started playing yet?

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

Magician

BruceCM wrote:

So, you got the physical game in it's nice case & all that, @Magician. ...? I'm sure the rest will come! Started playing yet?

Yeah, got the game with the backer slipcase.

Haven't fired it up yet though, I can't decide between it or Super Neptunia RPG.

BruceCM

Heard rather mixed things about Super Neptunia, @Magician .... Do let me know what you think of that when playing, though

SW-4357-9287-0699
Gamertag: BruceCM

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic