Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 6,081 to 6,100 of 6,599

Magician

My bad. I confused Gris with CrisTales. I can barely keep anything straight these days.

On the downside, I confused all of you fine people.
On the upside, I didn't realize Gris was getting a physical release, and am pleasantly surprised.

No worries. I just didn't want to see you hoodwinked by a false preorder listing or something along those lines. I look at eBay some times and shake my head. All the boutique publishers usually have listings for their games from third party vendors at double the msrp. It makes me sad for humanity, but that's capitalism at its finest, so it is what it is.

Edited on by Magician

Switch Physical Collection - 425 games (as of October 11th, 2019)
Currently playing: Dragon Quest XI (Switch) Summon Night 6 (PS Vita)
Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

Miadaskate

Magician wrote:

Had to settle for the standard version of Gris. I would've loved to have that artbook, but I need the funds for Neuro Voider from Red Art Games on Thursday and Ninja Saviors from Strictly Limited this weekend. Then there's Transistor from LRG next Friday and Rogue Legacy two weeks after that. And there's no telling when Nicalis will drop Ikaruga in their store?

This Switch collecting business has been so serious lately.

Don’t forget Umihara Kawase Fresh! and the three new Signature Editions!

I hear you; it’s definitely getting a bit more difficult / expensive. Luckily for the three new Signature Edition games, I only want Sparklite.

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Nothing!
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Link’s Awakening
N3DSXL : Nothing!

Magician

Miadaskate wrote:

Don’t forget Umihara Kawase Fresh! and the three new Signature Editions!

Nah, I didn't forget, I just don't care. The Signature Editions don't impress me, never mind that all four of those games have standard releases. I'm at the point where any Switch physical release that's available at nationwide retail will have to wait for a steep discount. Boutique and independent publishers are my priority, followed by import retail games (basically those games that I can't simply pull from Amazon or eBay on a whim).

Favorite Quote: "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." -Arthur C. Clarke

Miadaskate

You don’t care about the launch edition goodies or the packaging that’s only available on the Nicalis website?

Alright then.

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

Magician

Miadaskate wrote:

You don’t care about the launch edition goodies or the packaging that’s only available on the Nicalis website?

Nope, not really. In most cases I'm content with the box and the cartridge. The extras Nicalis tosses into their day-one editions are inconsequential to me unless I truly love the game. If Nicalis released an uber-edition for Ikargua exclusively through their store...I don't believe I could restrain myself.

Miadaskate

Magician wrote:

Nope, not really. In most cases I'm content with the box and the cartridge. The extras Nicalis tosses into their day-one editions are inconsequential to me unless I truly love the game. If Nicalis released an uber-edition for Ikargua exclusively through their store...I don't believe I could restrain myself.

Gotcha.

Currently Playing :

Paraka

@Miadaskate - Hey, so Red Art got back to me and it is now me basically running in circles for Old Man's Journey assets to properly replicate to a T on the cover. I do have the back translated though.

My question to you is this; how important is the accuracy of the cover to the French's variant? Cause I can change some artwork (official works, of course) and replicate to the best of the ability. And just like what I did with Ostwind I will take my own screenshots of the same area in the game if needed.

Paraka

Magician

According to the Japanese eShop listing, Lethal League Blaze will support English straight away.

Preorder the game without concern.
https://www.play-asia.com/lethal-league-blaze/13/70ctld

Zuljaras

Just got this from Super Rare Games.

Untitled
Untitled

I am just as amazed as when I got my Bloodstained Curse of the Moon.

The little booklet that came with it is thick and filled with the puzzles and the art of the game.

I just wish the publishers that publish their OWN games do this

Zuljaras

Belexes

From Warned:

Thank you for your trust!

Dear collectors,

Due to the delay in production and the postponement of our line-up. We want to thank you for your patience and we promise you that this one will be rewarded.
We are working hard to announce you new release dates as soon as possible.

The Warned Collectors Games Team

Belexes

Miadaskate

Paraka wrote:

@Miadaskate - Hey, so Red Art got back to me and it is now me basically running in circles for Old Man's Journey assets to properly replicate to a T on the cover. I do have the back translated though.

My question to you is this; how important is the accuracy of the cover to the French's variant? Cause I can change some artwork (official works, of course) and replicate to the best of the ability. And just like what I did with Ostwind I will take my own screenshots of the same area in the game if needed.

I mean; don’t feel that you need to do this at all unless you totally want to.

Honestly, I’ll have to take another look at the case.

Currently Playing :

Miadaskate

Zuljaras wrote:

I am just as amazed as when I got my Bloodstained Curse of the Moon

You’re going to be just as unimpressed as I was with Ritual of the Night’s release. Beautiful cover art, case opens to plain white. Can’t get more boring than that. I mean; at least throw in a cool reverse art! Ooh; I mean, I guess the Best Buy alternate LRG cover art for Curse of the Moon could be thrown in. At least that would fit well with the dark and gloomy atmosphere better than plain white!

It definitely pales in comparison to Curse of the Moon.

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

Zuljaras

@Miadaskate I guess so. Also why inclue the booklet holders when you will not include a booklet.
This should be a staple for EVERY release, to have a booklet or some kind of paper media.

PS: I want to see a funny unboxing of Wolfenstein Youngblood.

Zuljaras

Magician

Zuljaras wrote:

PS: I want to see a funny unboxing of Wolfenstein Youngblood.

Meh, the last time I looked on Amazon NA they finally added the ugly "this is a code in a box" banner on the box art. At this point only casuals are unaware of the fact that the "physical" release of Youngblood isn't truly physical.

Zuljaras

@Magician At least someone should make an unboxing and pretend that it is real physical game. Then opens it and the following 30 minutes of the video are swearing and cursing at Bethesda

Zuljaras

Magician

Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout LE is open to preorder at NIS America.
https://store.nisamerica.com/atelier-ryza-ever-darkness-the-s...

Raging Loop is open to preorder at Shop4megastore.
https://www.shop4megastore.com/nintendo-switch-games/raging-l...

Ciel Fledge is open to preorder at Shop4megastore.
https://www.shop4megastore.com/nintendo-switch-games/ciel-fle...

Aggelos is open to preorder at Shop4megastore.
https://www.shop4megastore.com/nintendo-switch-games/aggelos-...

Songbird Symphony is open to preorder at Shop4megastore.
https://www.shop4megastore.com/nintendo-switch-games/songbird...

Hellwarders is open to preorder at Shop4megastore.
https://www.shop4megastore.com/nintendo-switch-games/hell-war...

Ice Age: Scrat's Nutty Adventure is open to preorder at Amazon NA.
https://www.amazon.com/Ice-Age-Scrats-Adventure-Nintendo-Swit...

Edited on by Magician

Atelier Ryza
First new story arc for the series on the Switch, main character is a tomboy, and the art book looks hardcover? I'll bite.

Hmmm... on second thought, looking through NIS America's collectors editions. $99 is a bit steep for a keychain, an artbook, a cloth poster that I'll never put anywhere, and some art postcards. I just never feel like their collectors editions are worth it...

I'll definitely grab the standard edition of the game though.

Edited on by Avatar40k

I have many games, far too few of them played. Currently making my way through:
3DS: Fire Emblem Fates
Switch: Pokemon Let's Go Eevee
PS3: Kingdoms of Amalur: Reckoning
PS4: Code Vein
PC: DS: GBA: SNES: GC: Wii:

My Nintendo: Avatar40k | Nintendo Network ID: Avatar40k

Magician

Atelier Ryza, $99 is a bit steep for a keychain, an artbook, a cloth poster that I'll never put anywhere, and some art postcards.

Agreed. Their collectors editions have been slipping as of late. Although it isn't surprising to me, the parent company Nippon Ichi Software is in a financial crisis. Without possession of any actual inside company knowledge it's difficult to gauge how much that's affecting their business in other regions, but it's pretty evident in their recent North American product offerings.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic