Forums

Topic: Switch Physical Boxed Games List & Release Dates (US & CA)

Posts 6,081 to 6,100 of 11,365

Miadaskate

Paraka wrote:

@Miadaskate - Hey, so Red Art got back to me and it is now me basically running in circles for Old Man's Journey assets to properly replicate to a T on the cover. I do have the back translated though.

My question to you is this; how important is the accuracy of the cover to the French's variant? Cause I can change some artwork (official works, of course) and replicate to the best of the ability. And just like what I did with Ostwind I will take my own screenshots of the same area in the game if needed.

I mean; don’t feel that you need to do this at all unless you totally want to.

Honestly, I’ll have to take another look at the case.

Currently Playing :

PS4 : Final Fantasy VII Remake
PS3 : Nothing!
Vita : Nothing!
Xbox : Nothing!
Switch : Nothing!
N3DSXL : Nothing!

Miadaskate

Zuljaras wrote:

I am just as amazed as when I got my Bloodstained Curse of the Moon

You’re going to be just as unimpressed as I was with Ritual of the Night’s release. Beautiful cover art, case opens to plain white. Can’t get more boring than that. I mean; at least throw in a cool reverse art! Ooh; I mean, I guess the Best Buy alternate LRG cover art for Curse of the Moon could be thrown in. At least that would fit well with the dark and gloomy atmosphere better than plain white!

It definitely pales in comparison to Curse of the Moon.

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

Zuljaras

@Miadaskate I guess so. Also why inclue the booklet holders when you will not include a booklet.
This should be a staple for EVERY release, to have a booklet or some kind of paper media.

PS: I want to see a funny unboxing of Wolfenstein Youngblood.

Magician

Zuljaras wrote:

PS: I want to see a funny unboxing of Wolfenstein Youngblood.

Meh, the last time I looked on Amazon NA they finally added the ugly "this is a code in a box" banner on the box art. At this point only casuals are unaware of the fact that the "physical" release of Youngblood isn't truly physical.

Switch Physical Collection - 1,241 games (as of March 23rd, 2024)
Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Zuljaras

@Magician At least someone should make an unboxing and pretend that it is real physical game. Then opens it and the following 30 minutes of the video are swearing and cursing at Bethesda

Magician

Atelier Ryza: Ever Darkness & the Secret Hideout LE is open to preorder at NIS America.
https://store.nisamerica.com/atelier-ryza-ever-darkness-the-s...

Raging Loop is open to preorder at Shop4megastore.
https://www.shop4megastore.com/nintendo-switch-games/raging-l...

Ciel Fledge is open to preorder at Shop4megastore.
https://www.shop4megastore.com/nintendo-switch-games/ciel-fle...

Aggelos is open to preorder at Shop4megastore.
https://www.shop4megastore.com/nintendo-switch-games/aggelos-...

Songbird Symphony is open to preorder at Shop4megastore.
https://www.shop4megastore.com/nintendo-switch-games/songbird...

Hellwarders is open to preorder at Shop4megastore.
https://www.shop4megastore.com/nintendo-switch-games/hell-war...

Ice Age: Scrat's Nutty Adventure is open to preorder at Amazon NA.
https://www.amazon.com/Ice-Age-Scrats-Adventure-Nintendo-Swit...

Edited on by Magician

Favorite Quote: "Childhood is not from birth to a certain age and at a certain age the child is grown, and puts away childish things. Childhood is the kingdom where nobody dies." -Edna St. Vincent Millay

Atelier Ryza
First new story arc for the series on the Switch, main character is a tomboy, and the art book looks hardcover? I'll bite.

Hmmm... on second thought, looking through NIS America's collectors editions. $99 is a bit steep for a keychain, an artbook, a cloth poster that I'll never put anywhere, and some art postcards. I just never feel like their collectors editions are worth it...

I'll definitely grab the standard edition of the game though.

Edited on by Avatar40k

I have many games, far too few of them played. Currently making my way through:
3DS: Bravely Default
Switch: Rune Factory 4 Special
PS4: Greedfall
PC: Satisfactory, Pathfinder Kingmaker
PS3: DS: GBA: SNES: GC: Wii:

My Nintendo: Avatar40k | Nintendo Network ID: Avatar40k

Magician

Atelier Ryza, $99 is a bit steep for a keychain, an artbook, a cloth poster that I'll never put anywhere, and some art postcards.

Agreed. Their collectors editions have been slipping as of late. Although it isn't surprising to me, the parent company Nippon Ichi Software is in a financial crisis. Without possession of any actual inside company knowledge it's difficult to gauge how much that's affecting their business in other regions, but it's pretty evident in their recent North American product offerings.

Miadaskate

Alright fellas; Stirictly Limited closes Ultracore after tomorrow.

I haven’t decided on which version to get yet.

Do I go with the Collector’s Edition or the Standard Edition? Hmm......

Currently Playing :

Magician

Miadaskate wrote:

Alright fellas; Stirictly Limited closes Ultracore after tomorrow.

I haven’t decided on which version to get yet.

Do I go with the Collector’s Edition or the Standard Edition? Hmm......

Personally, I'm a fan of the CE boxes from Strictly Limited. Similar to the SE box for Fate Extella Link, the box is roughly the size of a Neo Geo AES game box. Made from a material like you'd find with a hardcover artbook. It has an awesome shelf presence.

But that's what you're paying double the msrp for...a box. So if your budget demands that you strongly consider a standard copy...there's nothing wrong with that.

P.S. - I took the time today to take a look at Kill la Kill. The multi-language uber-edition from Play-Asia is reasonably priced considering the extras. But thankfully I'm disinterested. The game is a sexy-girl-3D-arena fighter where characters have powers based on their clothing. I think the story is stupid and the soundtrack does nothing for me either. The gameplay looks great though, I'll give the game that much.

Kill la Kill will be one of those games I'll be waiting on a steep discount for.

Edited on by Magician

Miadaskate

Magician wrote:

Personally, I'm a fan of the CE boxes from Strictly Limited. Similar to the SE box for Fate Extella Link, the box is roughly the size of a Neo Geo AES game box. Made from a material like you'd find with a hardcover artbook. It has an awesome shelf presence.

But that's what you're paying double the msrp for...a box. So if your budget demands that you strongly consider a standard copy...there's nothing wrong with that.

I have the Collector’s Edition for Velocity 2X and I think it’s awesome. However, the packaging art and the included goodies have to be worth it, too. I love the nice sturdy boxes, but the art for Ultracore is kind of bland and those CD soundtracks don’t really do anything for me. I think for this one I’ll just go with the Standard since it at least comes with a manual. For a game that was originally developed for the Genesis, I think that’s good enough for me.

Currently Playing :

Miadaskate

Paraka wrote:

@Miadaskate - I gotta do it for myself, too. So it's a win regardless.

So I looked at the back of Old Man’s Journey again, and honestly, I’m totally fine with how it is. The only thing that bothers me is the French lol. Have you thought of any ideas for interior art? Also; any ideas for an interior art for BloodStained : Ritual of the Night?

Edited on by Miadaskate

Currently Playing :

SpaceAce13

I missed ninja saviors and I’m disappointed

SpaceAce13

leerafuse

@SpaceAce13 Last batch is live now.

Here's to the collection: July 3, 2021
NSW 820
XBONE 693
XBOX 405
N64 COMPLETE
X360 201
NES 148
3DS 47
DS 29
AMIIBO 160

Magician

leerafuse wrote:

The Japanese eShop page for Lethal League Blaze lists English as a supported language and there's a Japanese physical coming out 09/12!

Amazon JP w/ art book & stickers: https://amzn.to/2JkeuHA?fbclid=IwAR1pWdXqyVz0tGFZDbLl_rA6sVtF...

Playasia (might be game only): https://www.play-asia.com/lethal-league-blaze/13/70ctld?tagid...

ahem...yeah I...posted that info back on Wednesday.

Still, nice reminder though.

P.S. - In all fairness, I need to consider starting a thread that keeps track of upcoming physical releases. But that woul require...effort. Am I tired of posting information only to have it buried and reposted later? Maybe. Clearly what I'm doing now isn't enough.

Edited on by Magician

leerafuse

@Magician Whoa. Sorry. I check this page a few times day. I will just do that from now on. I will just check from now on. You post away. Appreciate the info.

NSW 820
XBONE 693
XBOX 405
N64 COMPLETE
X360 201
NES 148
3DS 47
DS 29
AMIIBO 160

Magician

leerafuse wrote:

@Magician Whoa. Sorry. I check this page a few times day. I will just do that from now on. I will just check from now on. You post away. Appreciate the info.

No worries, your intention was good and justified. It's clear that I need to step things up a bit. Starting tomorrow I'll create a thread tracking the progress of physical releases with English support, regardless of region. Release dates, preorder links, etc.

leerafuse

@Magician I look forward to it. With this forum, another forum I follow and facebook pages, there is a lot of info to digest of what was said, when it was said etc. Usually I stand back and just take the info but as always I am willing to help the switch community.

NSW 820
XBONE 693
XBOX 405
N64 COMPLETE
X360 201
NES 148
3DS 47
DS 29
AMIIBO 160

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic