Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 1,021 to 1,040 of 4,508

SKTTR

Untitled

I made a 10x8 grid roster for 80 different characters (on the left side). I hope that will be enough.
I put the 68 confirmed fighters in there, so that leaves room for 12 new characters.

On the right side I put some examples (personal wishies, stupid assumptions etc.) of what could fit into the empty slots.

For Mario there's already a newcomer in Daisy, and it makes a neat row of 10 Mario characters, so I left it at that.

For Donkey Kong there's a great cast of Kong characters and also K.Rool I wouldn't mind.

For Zelda I think Impa would make the most sense, but any of the ones pictured, including Ghirahim and most of the Hyrule Warriors cast would make me happy.

For Pokémon I have really no idea, I haven't played the series for quite some time. I assume it will have at least the new one, a bird thing which I couldn't add because I don't know its name. One more Pokémon though and we hit a full 10 character row just like the Mario characters.

For Kirby and Fire Emblem, I don't care that much. I think Kirby should definately get a 4th one though, before FE gets a 7th.

For the next row, I was suspicious of only Kumatora and Boney appearing in Lucas' Ultra Smash. Why not Flint? I can also see Dark Samus being a faster Samus Echo Fighter. And Samurai Goroh a slower but even stronger Cpt. Falcon Echo Fighter.

Even with Wolf returning I still feel the Starfox universe is underrepresented. Krystal, a female staff fighter is a long time favourite of mine.

In the 7th row, I left one spot open for a retro game, and one left open for a modern game. I feel if Ridley deserved to be smaller to fit, Chibi Robo deserves to be bigger to fit.

The last row I left exclusively for 3rd party characters. Easy Echo's are Shadow and Ken. And instead of Tekken's Heihachi I throw an oddball and add Soul Calibur's Mitsurugi. Do you remember when Mitsurugi and Link were in one of the greatest fighters of all time and could battle it out (Soul Calibur II for Gamecube). Would be a neat throwback to that. I prefer each and every SoulEdge/Calibur fighter over anything Tekken, excluding Yoshimitsu. On that note, who would be THE trademark SNK fighting game character?

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

SKTTR

ReaderRagfish wrote:

@SKTTR If they can make Olimar bigger, they can make Chibi Robo bigger.

Yeah, if Ridley can be smaller, and if Olimar can be bigger, why can't Chibi-Robo be bigger as well?
This just added some fuel to my argumentation!

Why I think Chibi-Robo would be an awesome new fighter? He debuted in an original and superfun Gamecube-adventure (I rated a 10/10 back in 2005). He was one of the most charming new Nintendo IPs of that era, along with Pikmin, Doshin, and Animal Crossing. The beautiful sequel for the DS, Chibi Robo: Park Patrol, was almost as good as the first game, only held back by the DS limitations when compared to the Gamecube, and especially held back by not being released in Europe. This new IP was getting buried before it even got some time to breath. It went downhill from there: The Wiimake of his first and greatest game stayed Japan-exclusive. And the third and last really good game in the series (for the DS) also stayed in Japan.

But then a couple of gimmicky spin-offs followed that Nintendo released worldwide.

In regard to Chibi-Robo it was pretty stupid how Nintendo held back the good games from worldwide release and instead shoved the experimental (and not so good) ones onto us. :/

However, Zip Lash made Chibi-Robo more agile and that's when I thought "Hey, his ability to jump now and throw cables in all directions would make him a very unique Smash fighter now." Before Zip Lash, he felt a little too slow and clunky to fight, but that's a different story now.

Edited on by SKTTR

Tyranexx

@ReaderRagfish: Are you sure that "Old Man" isn't referring to the old guy in the original Legend of Zelda? Or the grumpy coffee dude in the original Pokemon games?

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

SKTTR

Old Man? Wild Guess: Professor Hector from the NES games Stack-Up and Gyromite. The R.O.B. series could use a second character. Hector is an old man. One of the oldest in Nintendo history.

Edited on by SKTTR

Namco

@SKTTR No most people would be like: why did they put old mario in this game? We don't need another Mario clone! Where is my Waluigi! or simply: who is this old dude?

IMO The most logical assumption is Cranky Kong. The two codenames before old man are likely DK characters too. You can't include Diddy and Dixie while leaving out the original Donkey Kong. He is equally significant and popular as a DK character to my knowledge. His role in the latest DK game is also the same as Dixie and Diddy. Cranky Kong just makes sense.

This list is 100% true and we're getting Tier S++ Cranky Kong, just accept your fate already.

A piece of the Triforce appeared before you! (>'.')> Touch it now!

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2624-1857 | Nintendo Network ID: Acegamer-62

Tyranexx

@ReaderRagfish: I think I mistook your previous post for Mr. Fuji. It's been a few years since I ran through the original Pokemon games. XD (Never picked them up on the VC)

...That could technically also refer to Mr. Pokemon in Johto.

Currently playing: Mario & Luigi: Bowser's Inside Story + Bowser Jr's Journey, Ys VIII: Lacrimosa of Dana (Switch)

"Love your neighbor as yourself." Mark 12:31

SKTTR

@Navitroid
Now that you say it, "King" refers to K.Rool, "Ponytail" to Dixie Kong, and "Old Man" could mean Cranky Kong.
He is "old", but is he "man"? They definately put the whole DK Crew as fighters in there!!!!! Smash going ape!!!

3. Dixie Kong
4. Cranky Kong
5. Funky Kong
6. Tiny Kong
7. Lanky Kong
8. Chunky Kong
9. Candy Kong
10. Kiddy Kong
11. Wrinkly Kong
12. Swanky Kong
13. Donkey Kong Jr.
14. King K.Rool
15. Manky Kong (jk)

Edited on by SKTTR

Haruki_NLI

Cant wait to play Fire Emblem x Donkey Kong Fighting Edition

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

SKTTR

So, I got my head around Waluigi fans. There are indeed people who pick Waluigi over any other character in any game that he's starring in. Even without his own game, people got really dedicated to him.

And I can fully understand Isaac (Golden Sun - unfortunately not Dead Space ^^) fans, and King K.Rool and Krystal and many other Nintendo characters.

But what makes Geno so special? He's just a one-time sidekick character, derived from Pinocchio, without any history outside of Super Mario RPG. It seems he has a dedicated fanbase too, and they're all Smash fans as well. How come this character is still talked about so much for Smash?

And for the ones wanting Crash Bandicoot in Smash: Good luck! There is a possibility for western Third Party characters... At the back of the line, behind at least Rayman, Banjo-Kazooie, and Steve from Minecraft. And I know this makes the possibility for any indie game character very slim. But indies at least have their own indie Smash clones.

Edited on by SKTTR

LzWinky

Because they want Geno and can't get him. That automatically makes Geno super special by all standards. Once released, barely anyone shall talk about him.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

bluemage1989

Im not for an indie character in Smash but assuming there was who would you go for?? I can't think of anyone that would be worth getting excited about but might just be me.

bluemage1989

SKTTR

@bluemage1989 I think the highest chances are Shovel Knight and CommanderVideo.

Shovel Knight because it already has an amiibo and borrows heavily that 8-bit inspired NES-style, and CommanderVideo because he was already a trophy in Smash and the connection with Charles Martinet (the voice of Mario).

But there are more important, better-known 3rd party characters that deserve a slot.
Even a big indie such as Shovel Knight is a tiny speck next to multimillion megasellers like Mario, Street Fighter, Sonic, Final Fantasy, Mega Man, Pac-Man, and Metal Gear.

Any indie character that may appear, is most likely just a trophy and shouldn't deserve more than to be an Assist Trophy. There would be a massive outcry if an indie character is playable but not Waluigi, Saki (Sin and Punishment), King K.Rool (DKC), Isaac (Golden Sun), or another high-profile Sega, Konami, Namco, or Capcom character.

Grumblevolcano

The Smash blog confirmed our next stage for Smash Ultimate, Brawl's Delfino Plaza.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

asdz0722

Do you use wireless bluetooth headset during NS time??

asdz0722

Randomname19

Sakurai's cake for his 48th birthday:
Untitled
Kinda looks like Armin from Attack on Titan.

Edited on by Randomname19

Avatar by AzulieZeiro and BeanMChocolate

Joeynator3000

Surprised no one has bumped this due to the Direct news, I just found out about it (was busy today, lol). No idea what to expect, pretty sure we'll get a few new Echo Fighters now that this is a thing now, and one entirely new character.

As for returning stages, most of my favorites are back (including Fourside, whoo!), I'm really hoping for Poke Floats. I miss that stage, Melee in general was so memorable back then for me.

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Harmonie

Wasn't Nintendo's E3 presentation this year already a Smash Direct? Lol.

Well, either way it's nice to get some more news. Hopefully it throws off some of the "leaks" we've been flooded with lately.

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

link3710

Alright so here's my guess on what the direct will be:

New Character Reveal: Heihachi
Mode Reveal: Classic - Difficulty scale returns, mode setup more like Melee's.
Stage sizzle reel discussing the variety of returning stages, announcing "Over a hundred" stages in total. New Donk City is shown in detail, followed by several other new stages being flicked by: Pushmo Plaza / Pushblox Plaza, and BoxBoy stages shown off with little fanfare along with returning stages such as Kongo Jungle 64, Peach's Castle 64, Yoshi's Island Melee, Orbital Gate Assault, Pirate Ship and Gamer. Ends with Subspace Bomb Factory based on the location from Brawl
Mode Reveal: Smash Run - Players now on same screen, fightable ATs now minibosses
Assist Trophy footage showing off another 15 new and returning ATs (we know there's at least 50 total to the 24 or so known already)
Mode Reveal: Adventure Mode - New adventure mode of some sort. Features in-engine cutscenes, and can be played on one of 12 different shorter paths, each of which contains a subsection of the games characters. The easiest way to unlock characters, which will be discussed here.
Echo Reveal: Octoling
Mode Reveal: Challenges and Trophy Rush - New Trophy Rush stage, requires you to score points by destroying enemies while protecting your stash.
Sizzle reel of various new trophies and returning ones, reveal that all classic character trophies are returning.
Mode Reveal: Stadium pack - Home Run Contest, Target Test, Target Smash, Ultimate Multi Man, - Target Test has a stage for each franchise this time around. Ultimate Multi Man brings back Alloys, Miis, Wireframes, and Polygons for an ultimate showdown. Target Smash is basically a straight port, and Home Run Contest is same as usual as well.
Item sizzle reel: Details more new and returning items. Several classic items return including fans and barrel cannons, and we also see a new item: Rocket Flower from Super Mario Odyssey
Mode Reveal: Online pack - For Glory has stage hazards off, official reveal of that feature, Monthly competitions announced with rewards
New Character Reveal: Mystery Gen 8 Pokemon that's gonna be available in Let's Go Pokemon

Let's see if I get anything right.

link3710

Toy_Link

@link3710 I don’t think we’ll see Octolings as their too new, but other than that I can see most of your other predictions come true.

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic