Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 1,001 to 1,020 of 3,740

NoUsernameHere

@JTMnM I know I'll be playing this game competitively for sure. I plan on going to as many tournaments as I can. I'm gonna be grinding a lot and maybe I'll even try to stream the game? I can't guarantee I'll get anywhere by streaming, but it would be fun to do.

Backloggery
Steam profile
Avatar: Midnight (My Hero Academia)
Overwatch/TF2/CS:GO player. Future Smash Ultimate player.

3DS Friend Code: 0447-7094-2346 | Nintendo Network ID: DeviousCrossing | Twitter:

Buizel

Late wrote:

I don't have a main. I always choose random.

Same! Part of the fun imo.

Although if I'm getting serious I'll probably pick Sonic.

Buizel

Grumblevolcano

My mains are probably going to end up being for online:
1. Ike
1. Shulk
3. Roy (Fire Emblem)
4. Captain Falcon
5. Link

I like how much better selecting Monado arts is in this game.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

OfNullAndVoid

ReaderRagfish wrote:

A while later, I tried playing them again casually with family, and turned items back on for the first time in years. I was amazed at how much more fun I was having.

This is where I get a lot of fun, and even more laughs at. I love messing around with the item settings, and one of my faves is an all out Pokémon brawl. All items off except Pokémon balls, with drops setting to the max. A fun alternative is Assist Trophies instead. Either way, chaos and laughs are guaranteed

Switch FC: SW-2457-0400-2143

RedderRugfish

@OfNullAndVoid Back in melee, we made up a game where you go to final destination with 10 stock and only red shells on max, and turn the damage ratio to 2.0 so they kill you instantly. Then just throw one red shell and watch as they keep activating newly spawned red shells into the mix, creating an endless barrage of people desperately trying to avoid the shells and getting killed. Kirby, jigglypuff, and peach are banned.

Still waiting for Atlus to make Snowboard Kids 3

link3710

Oh jeez we're doing mains? Well, most of my mains have never been in the same game before so it's hard to say who I'll go with.

• Pokemon Trainer
  • Wolf
  • Lucas
  • Young Link
  • Duck Hunt
  • Dr. Mario
  • Dark Pit
    And I'll probably try and add Ridley to my list too. I usually play on random anyways, but it's so nice seeing all my favorites back. Worst case scenario, I was thinking none of them would return.

link3710

Morpheel

I'll probably keep using Bowser Jr, Jigglypuff, Ike and Peach(/Daisy) as usual.

Random can be fun too. But I don't expect myself to be online too much. If at all.

Yeah I don’t know either.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

bluemage1989

Kirby, Lucas and Bowser for mains.

SW 6041 0289 6234

Currently Playing:

Switch: Super Smash Bros: Ultimate, Donkey Kong: Tropical Freeze, Arms and Mario Odyssey.

N64: Top Gear Rally.

Mega Drive: Streets of Rage 1, 2 and 3.

SNES: F Zero and Donkey Kong Country.

Morpheel

Does anyone else find it odd that they're not referring to Dr Mario as an echo game in this one? I wonder if they changed him considerably.

Eh! My gameplay videos

3DS Friend Code: 0173-1330-0080 | My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Grumblevolcano

My point about online is on the assumption it works by the way (it better given it'll be paid online for its entire lifespan). Smash is well known for not having particularly good online.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

@Yosheel Dr. Mario already had different Down + A and Down + B, and it looks like Mario got a few new movies maybe? Which would distinguish Dr. Mario even more from him. Dr. Mario at this point is basically Mario's Melee kit.

link3710

Knuckles-Fajita

@Yosheel There was a GameXain interview with Trinnen that explained Dr. MARIO is heavier, has a different Down Air now, his pills work differently, and various other adjustments, whereas Echo Fighters share the weight, speed, knockback and general attributes and almost all moves save for like one or two weaks.

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Morpheel

Well yeah he was already a bit different in 4, and there he was lumped in the same category with Lucina and Dark Pit.

Just found it odd he's now treated as a full fledged character.

Eh! My gameplay videos

Knuckles-Fajita

Basically Echo Fighters are identical attributes like speed weight knockback and more, and one or two moves have slightly altered attributes but nothing huge.

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Harmonie

@Grumblevolcano From what I've heard, the 'servers' that Nintendo's games run from are Peer-2-Peer. Meaning that the quality is dependent on each user's internet and not Nintendo.

Essentially the service will remain the same, and Nintendo's just making us pay because they can.

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

Vee_Flames

My mains: Kirby, Duck Hunt, Mr. Game and Watch, Cloud, and Peach. I'm gonna try and main Inkling, but only if I like his playstyle.

But those are my primary mains. I'd play as Little Mac or Mewtwo if I feel like it, but those two are definitely at the back seat of my "mains" suite.

Come visit Life Church!
My Switch FC: SW824410196326
Expressing my hopes for Professor Layton in Smash. Prayers abound.

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

EvilLucario

Mains:

• Wolf
  • Ganondorf
  • Captain Falcon
  • Luigi

Couldn't get into Lucario, Shulk, Ness, and Samus unfortunately. Maybe I'll try again with Ultimate.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Yorumi

Since we're listing characters we're going to focus on for me, well no Krystal, grr. I'll be going with:

Zelda
Kirby
King Dedede
Pokemon Trainer

I'll try a bunch out and maybe do more but those for sure I'm going with.

Yorumi

Nintendo Network ID: yorumi

meleebrawler

@Knuckles-Fajita I think it's simpler to say Echo fighters have identical moves across the board (even one or two distinct moves disqualifies you from this classification), but with different attributes on them. The rest of their stats (speed, weight etc.) are also identical.

That said I may have heard Dark Pit still using his staff for his final smash as opposed to Pit using the Lightning Chariot, so maybe those are an exception. Daisy doesn't seem the type to put people to sleep, and it's not like we're going to eat flowers, right?

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic