Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 1,001 to 1,020 of 3,884

Grumblevolcano

My point about online is on the assumption it works by the way (it better given it'll be paid online for its entire lifespan). Smash is well known for not having particularly good online.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

link3710

@Yosheel Dr. Mario already had different Down + A and Down + B, and it looks like Mario got a few new movies maybe? Which would distinguish Dr. Mario even more from him. Dr. Mario at this point is basically Mario's Melee kit.

link3710

Knuckles-Fajita

@Yosheel There was a GameXain interview with Trinnen that explained Dr. MARIO is heavier, has a different Down Air now, his pills work differently, and various other adjustments, whereas Echo Fighters share the weight, speed, knockback and general attributes and almost all moves save for like one or two weaks.

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Knuckles-Fajita

Basically Echo Fighters are identical attributes like speed weight knockback and more, and one or two moves have slightly altered attributes but nothing huge.

NLI Discord:

https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Harmonie

@Grumblevolcano From what I've heard, the 'servers' that Nintendo's games run from are Peer-2-Peer. Meaning that the quality is dependent on each user's internet and not Nintendo.

Essentially the service will remain the same, and Nintendo's just making us pay because they can.

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

Vee_Flames

My mains: Kirby, Duck Hunt, Mr. Game and Watch, Cloud, and Peach. I'm gonna try and main Inkling, but only if I like his playstyle.

But those are my primary mains. I'd play as Little Mac or Mewtwo if I feel like it, but those two are definitely at the back seat of my "mains" suite.

Come visit Life Church!
My Switch FC: SW824410196326
Expressing my hopes for Professor Layton in Smash. Prayers abound.

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

EvilLucario

Mains:

• Wolf
  • Ganondorf
  • Captain Falcon
  • Luigi

Couldn't get into Lucario, Shulk, Ness, and Samus unfortunately. Maybe I'll try again with Ultimate.

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Yorumi

Since we're listing characters we're going to focus on for me, well no Krystal, grr. I'll be going with:

Zelda
Kirby
King Dedede
Pokemon Trainer

I'll try a bunch out and maybe do more but those for sure I'm going with.

Yorumi

Nintendo Network ID: yorumi

meleebrawler

@Knuckles-Fajita I think it's simpler to say Echo fighters have identical moves across the board (even one or two distinct moves disqualifies you from this classification), but with different attributes on them. The rest of their stats (speed, weight etc.) are also identical.

That said I may have heard Dark Pit still using his staff for his final smash as opposed to Pit using the Lightning Chariot, so maybe those are an exception. Daisy doesn't seem the type to put people to sleep, and it's not like we're going to eat flowers, right?

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

ValhallaOutcast

Question for all you Smashers ...why do so many like the GameCube controller for this game? I skipped the game cube is it just a great controller?

Is using it for Smash like saying some people love usin an Arcade stick for fighters?

Friend Code SW-4365-4821-7317

PikPi

@Yosheel Pretty much. That and the whole everything being faster.

Speaking of that, I can't say I'm a fan of changing some final smashes so that you don't control them, I feel like making them instant KOs no matter what kinda takes away the thrill

PikPi

Aozz101x

【Today's Item】 Pokemon: Vulpix
Freeze the fighter with the breath of ice..

Edited on by Aozz101x

im creep out with thoese eyes... :P

3DS Friend Code: 3153-5789-3951 | Nintendo Network ID: Aozz101x

DarkRula

I think the idea with prefering a Gamecube controller for Smash is that the main button for pulling moves off was large and centred, with easier access to the jump button. And aside from the d-pad and c-stick, it's a pretty all-round good design/layout.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Yorumi

@ValhallaOutcast it is sort of like some people liking an arcade stick for fighters. It gained a lot of popularity because it could plug into the wii, so a lot of people learned on melee with gamecube controllers, and then brawl could use the exact same ones with no fuss so it kind of got established.

That said the GC controller is still one of the best designed controllers. The d-pad sucks so lets just get that out of the way. The thing it was just some design because why not, it was really thought out in almost every where. The shape was designed to be as ergonomic as possible and it is very comfortable. On top of that the 4 face buttons are expertly places. The A button is the primary input to games, then you have easy access to the other 3, with easy access to press two or three of them together at once. Your fingers rest comfortably on the shoulder buttons.

It's one of the last times a game company really put some thought into the controller for the system. Which is sad that they don't anymore. I don't hate the pro-controller or anything but it could be better, and the competition's controllers are worse so that says a lot.

Yorumi

Nintendo Network ID: yorumi

StableInvadeel

They should add Ken as an echo of Ryu to capitalize on his 1vs1 mode gimmick.

That would be funny to have regular street fighter fights in smash.

Of course you will already be able to that with two Ryus but it would be nicer with two different looking characters.

Edited on by StableInvadeel

Invading your ranch, taking your cows.

My dead channel.

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

EvilLucario

Idk, I'm in the camp that sees the GameCube controller as something that's really good, but I don't see a drastic day-and-night difference between something like that to the Dualshock, Xbox 360/One, and Pro Controller. Rather, it's more preference depending on what you like more.

That said, if they released an official new style of Pro Controller that's shaped like a GameCube controller with added ZL/Select (Minus) buttons, clickable sticks, and a good D-Pad, that would probably sell and get a lot of people hyped.

Edited on by EvilLucario

Metroid, Xenoblade, EarthBound shill

I run a YouTube/Twitch channel for fun. Check me out if you want to!

Please let me know before you send me a FC request, thanks.

Switch Friend Code: SW-4023-8648-9313 | 3DS Friend Code: 2105-8876-1993 | Nintendo Network ID: ThatTrueEvil | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic