Forums

Topic: Super Smash Bros. Ultimate

Posts 1,001 to 1,020 of 4,508

Grumblevolcano

Nintendo Direct announces CDi Link amiibo

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

RaphaBoss

I hope my majora's mask Link amiibo will work as a Young Link amiibo.

RaphaBoss

MegaStoneSmash91

@RaphaBoss I don't see why it wouldn't. Every version of Mario will work, and even though the amiibo isn't listed as "Young Link", it's still him. Breath of the Wild recognizes it as a separate amiibo from the other Link figures, and the same can be done for Smash Ultimate.

Beep.
That is all.

Switch Friend Code: SW-0896-8068-4007 | 3DS Friend Code: 2423-2791-1985 | Nintendo Network ID: MegaStoneSmash91

Eel

Wouldn't it be kinda amusing if Sakurai added Waluigi as a last minute addition to the game and he was literally the worst character ever?

The very definition of a joke character.

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Grumblevolcano

@Yosheel Don't we already have one of those (Pichu)?

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

SKTTR

Yeah, but why should Waluigi be in Smash honestly?

Ok, he's 18 years old now (since his first appearance was in Mario Tennis for N64 in the year 2000) but shouldn't he be in his own game first? He never even appeared in a Wario Land, WarioWare, Game & Wario, Wario: Master of Disguise, or Wario World game. Yeah, I know he has character, but he has no characteristics.

Edited on by SKTTR

Switch fc: 6705-1518-0990

Eel

Due to fan demand? Waluigi in smash is the hot meme right now. Sakurais best two options to spite out the fans would be to do a fake reveal, or turn it into a monkey paw wish.

Of course the boring option would be just not doing anything. It's still an option though.

@Grumblevolcano I don't really consider Pichu a joke character. It was just weak in Melee, but not exactly ridiculously so in execution to the point were it's clearly meant to be a joke. For all we know it could be much better now too.

I mean a literal joke. Not just weak.

Either way you can have more than one joke.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

SKTTR

@Yosheel

I wasn't aware that he got fans. I assumed they were a bunch of trolls.

Eel

Oh I'm sure most of them are trolls right now.

Assuming nobody likes him unironically is a bit native though. I myself choose to play as him quite regularly in games where he's available.

Edit: ooh oh I got a second option. Go to the opposite end of things and make him seriously overpowered. So good to the point where nobody wants to play agaisnt him.

Thus making him illegal in tournaments and even friendly sessions.

Maybe we can mix both. Making him mostly useless with one or two extremely good moves. Thus making him a stale character in the process.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

RaphaBoss

Waluigo is irrelevant, even as a mario character. He is just there to rival luigi and give Wario a a partner in spin off games. He could be just this in smash, but even that would be unifitting. Wario is based of his own games, not Mario's. To make Waluigi ''fit'' him as a partner, he would need to have an appearance in Wario games. I mean, Wario doesn't even rival Mario in Smash, he is his own character from his own spin off universe (WarioWare). Wario doesn't need Waluigi here.

RaphaBoss

Azooooz

@Grumblevolcano Pichu is a joke character? If taking self-damage making it a joke character, then you should know that it's in Pichu's PokéDex description:

"Despite its small size, it can zap even adult humans. However, if it does so, it also surprises itself."

Making promise is easy. The hard part is keeping it.

Switch Friend Code: SW-3533-1743-6611 | 3DS Friend Code: 5069-3944-7877 | My Nintendo: azooooz | Nintendo Network ID: desert_king_Q8

Grumblevolcano

@Azooooz Self-damage when attacking can be handled well (e.g. magic and skills in Shadows of Valentia), it is handled terribly regarding Pichu in Melee.

Anyway back to the Birdo discussion, the most recent game Birdo has appeared in is Mario Tennis Aces as of Fall 2018 (Diddy Kong and Koopa Paratroopa are also present in that character batch).

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

DarkSim01

https://www.twingalaxies.com/feed_details.php/2168/rumor-nint...

Did I miss a discussion on this rumor of potential new characters?

For those who haven't seen it, rumor has it there will be a few mini-directs, a full direct and a couple other reveals of new characters leading up to and after the game release (future DLC). The rumor has them listed as code names and there has been a ton of speculation on who they are.

Of course, as with all rumors, I'm taking this with a HUGE grain of salt. But it's fun to discuss anyway.

Below are the code names and who I think they could be:
King – King K Rool (Donkey Kong), Chrom (Fire Emblem, echo fighter of Ike)
Ponytail – Dixie Kong (echo fighter for Diddy Kong)
Old Man – Heihachi (Tekken), Dr. Wily (Mega Man), Dr. Robotnik (Sonic)
Archer – Decidueye (Pokemon)
Warrior – Simon Belmont (Castlevania), Shovel Knight, Urbosa (Zelda BOTW)
Secretary – Isabelle (Animal Crossing, echo fighter of the Villager)
Mech – Proto Man (Mega Man, echo fighter), Chibi-Robo
Rhythm – Funky Kong
Folklore – Takamaru
Doll – Geno (Super Mario RPG)
Prime Ribs – Dark Samus (Metroid Prime), Ninten (Earthbound, echo fighter of Ness)

Thoughts anyone?

DarkSim01

Harmonie

Takamaru has already been confirmed as an Assist Trophy.

Harmonie

Nintendo Network ID: WoodwindsRock

TuVictus

I doubt the legitimacy of a rumor that tries to use codenames

TuVictus

DarkSim01

@Harmonie Good point. touche.

@ReaderRagfish I can dig it! Just an elderly echo version of Pokemon Trainer. Why not?

I doubt it's real, but it's at least something to talk about and fill that SSB void we're all having.

DarkSim01

SKTTR

ReaderRagfish wrote:

All in favor of replacing Robin from Fire Emblem with Robin from Pilotwings 64?

Because they share the same name?

Not needed. Smash 4 has 2 completely different Roys so there can also be 2 completely different Robins.
Fire Emblem Robin's name is Daraen here anyway.

Edited on by SKTTR

LzWinky

Yosheel wrote:

Wouldn't it be kinda amusing if Sakurai added Waluigi as a last minute addition to the game and he was literally the worst character ever?

The very definition of a joke character.

I would love Sakurai forever if he did this.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic