Forums

Topic: Starlink: Battle for Atlas

Posts 381 to 400 of 483

HobbitGamer

@toiletduck no problem. I think you’ll really enjoy it. And don’t worry about getting mods or money. Those will start pouring in as you progress.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Darknyht

@toiletduck I’ve used the default guy and ship mostly so far with the fire Gatling and a gravity shot. I wasn’t a fan of the airwing because I tend to have the strategy of bull in china shop when fighting. I have also used the ice beam and shotgun blast cannons too.

Darknyht

Nintendo Network ID: DarKnyht

toiletduck

@Grumblevolcano @AlohaPizzaJack @SonicMos thanks again. I haven't been able to put too much time in it yet, but I have made the 'click' more or less now. I'm putting some hours in this to really get the story going this weekend.

For people who are interested and reading along: the character you need to level up for shared xp is Mason. To unlock 2nd tier abilities you need to spend 6 points on 1st tier abilities.

@Darknyht what do you mean with bull in China shop strategy? I'm still very early game.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Darknyht

@toiletduck I tend to charge in and attack without much strategy or finesse. So weapons that knock things over or freeze works best for me.

Darknyht

HobbitGamer

When I started the game I was more head-on, but by now in the post-game I tend to have light, fast builds. I use fast approach-heavy exit tactics now. That dogfighting outlaws in that hollow planet changed me 😂

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Darknyht

@SonicMos Probably better to describe it as I lack patience and tend to wander into places I probably shouldn't because it is the shortest path between where I am and where I want to go. I figure I have 5 ships to burn so I will worry about defense when I loose a few.

I generally have to remind myself to use the shields when I run into the giant bad guys.

Darknyht

DarkRula

Attach the shotgun, boost damage and critical hits, then go wild. Even better if you can reduce the energy used and put a double shot perk onto it.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

Darknyht

@SonicMos Not really needing help, just was pointing out my strategy for weapon selection to toiletduck. I am not really in a hurry to beat the game as it is one that I play when I am traveling and offline. Currently working on a hostile takeover of all the system's planets to build giant towers that will better harness my enslaved population's power to destroy my enemies. (Generally what I am doing, but I stopped paying attention to Ubisoft's story a long time ago. In my version I am on a quest to conquer everything to save the universe from themselves.)

Darknyht

Qwertyninty

Sadly I never got this game. It was a game I probably should have not watched any videos on and just bought it. I watched videos and I didn’t like some things I saw.

Qwertyninty

chardir

Crimson Moon
30th April

Looks pretty cool.

Friend Code: SW-1014-2011-3950 (Switch name: Dii)
Mario Maker 2 Maker ID: LMR-JBK-RWG

FattyWhale_42

The update is available now, fyi. (7^_^)7

FattyWhale_42

Switch Friend Code: SW-4410-3079-4430

FattyWhale_42

@AlohaPizzaJack No problem. (>^_^)>

It took a little more than an hour to download, but YMMV of course.

FattyWhale_42

Switch Friend Code: SW-4410-3079-4430

HobbitGamer

@FattyWhale_42 Not bad. I’m cooking and watching Night of the Living Dead (1990), but I made sure it started 😂

Is there a free update and paid content? I’m still confused a bit

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#MudStrongs

Grumblevolcano

@AlohaPizzaJack The new pilots, ships, weapons and Star Fox content are paid DLC meanwhile the rest of the content is free.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

HobbitGamer

@Grumblevolcano Thanks Grumbles! Is that paid content available in one transaction item? And is it under $15usd?

#MudStrongs

GeeEmm

Wow, $76 AUD for this new DLC and that doesnt include the Star Fox pilots either. Yeahhh no thanks, ill just use my gold points no matter how long it takes.

Edited on by GeeEmm

GeeEmm

HobbitGamer

@GeeEmm Wait, I thought Starfox dlc was $12. Where is the other cost coming from

#MudStrongs

GeeEmm

@AlohaPizzaJack

So there is a pack which comes with the three Star Fox pilots that costs $17.95 AUD then there is also a 2nd DLC bundle which comes with the new Starlink pilots, ships and weapons that costs $75.95 AUD, which doesn't include the Star Fox pilots.
You can buy the stuff in the bundle separately as well.
But it just seems like a lot of money for very little. I'd expect to pay that if they were the physical toys but digital downloads...come on.

Edited on by GeeEmm

GeeEmm

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic