Forums

Topic: Starlink: Battle for Atlas

Posts 401 to 420 of 483

HobbitGamer

@GeeEmm Ah, I gotchya. Yeh that’s a good bit of coin. I enjoy the game, but I’m likely to only eventually get the Starfox DLC. I got the digital version on release and really only used the other pilots to max their ally skills.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

GeeEmm

@AlohaPizzaJack

Yep, I'm gonna buy the Star Fox pack for sure as I'm having a lot of fun with this game. The other stuff can wait.

Edited on by GeeEmm

GeeEmm

HobbitGamer

@GeeEmm Glad you’re enjoying it! I will have to check out Crimson Moon tomorrow, forgot there were leaderboards. And I want to somehow get more paint jobs.

#MudStrongs

Switch Friend Code: SW-7842-2075-5515 | My Nintendo: HobbitGamr | Nintendo Network ID: HobbitGamr

Grumblevolcano

@SonicMos They changed the difficulty, this is from the patch notes:

"NEW “STAR” DIFFICULTY AND ENEMY SCALING
We are introducing a new difficulty level which will display stars instead of the enemy level. Enemies will be scaled according to the equipped pilot’s level."

https://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/1867-Official-News-an... (click the Crimson Moon post, I tried linking the actual thread but the link wasn't including the ")" for some reason)

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

toiletduck

@Grumblevolcano you think that's the new way difficulty works for all settings? Or only if you select a certain setting?

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Grumblevolcano

@toiletduck Well I started to find level star enemies on normal towards the end of the base game Star Fox content so I guess all difficulties, just that it's most common on very hard difficulty.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

HobbitGamer

@Grumblevolcano It also scales to pilot level 😭 I went into the Thunderdome (whatever it’s called) and was immediately fighting star levels. And legion hyperspace traps dump star levels at me.

#MudStrongs

toiletduck

@AlohaPizzaJack @Grumblevolcano ah that sucks, I hate hard games 😬 I'm already in trouble with level 10 dreadnoughts and level 12 outlaw hideouts.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Bolt_Strike

So do Dreadnoughts just spawn infinitely now? Because another one just popped up as I was taking out the Prime it spawned. That's going to be really irritating if they just keep spawning forever now.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

SonicMos wrote:

They did before the update, but only post game. You get used to it though.

I know they did before, I'm talking about after the update. I really don't see much point in changing that now. The Extractor/Prime/Dreadnought battles really don't really bring much to the table, yes it's more replay value, but it mainly just gets in the way of other stuff you want to do. So it's really more irritating than anything else.

Also, in regards to the Celestial Anvil,

I did a Google search and found that if you just destroy it, Kharl just laments about not getting to study it. So I activated it, and what happened was a second Equinox appeared out of a portal and took the Anvil. Starlink then wonders where it went, if the second Equinox was from an alternate universe or another time, and thinks the Anvil might have really been dangerous. Mason then says they'll deal with it if it comes back.

Ultimately I would activate it, but it doesn't seem to matter too much. Either way it's just a little bit of dialogue.

Edited on by Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

Bolt_Strike

Has anyone figured out how to fulfill the requirements to draw out King Rydra? Especially the "Defeat 5 Planetary Outlaws with Precision" requirement? I received credit for 1 by defeating a tank, but not after defeating subsequent tanks. How is this one supposed to work?

Bolt_Strike

HobbitGamer

I broke down and spent $50 to get the starter pack, Neptune, and Lance. My friend was in a nearby town today and snagged me the Nadir and two weapon packs. I have the digital, but with all the toys half off I figured why not. I think I’ll have more fun playing this way. I may even restart the game, because the DLC is ridiculous hard for my fully leveled pilots right now

Edited on by HobbitGamer

#MudStrongs

Bolt_Strike

HobbitGamer wrote:

I broke down and spent $50 to get the starter pack, Neptune, and Lance. My friend was in a nearby town today and snagged me the Nadir and two weapon packs. I have the digital, but with all the toys half off I figured why not. I think I’ll have more fun playing this way. I may even restart the game, because the DLC is ridiculous hard for my fully leveled pilots right now

The DLC implements a level scaling system, so restarting won't do you any good. The game is just like that now.

Bolt_Strike

ralphdibny

Quick question, I have the game (bought it full price when it came out damn it) but haven't got very far. They have the toys on sale in Smyth's. I am just wondering what content is locked behind paywalls? I heard that certain areas required weapons not included in the starter kit. Is there an essential shopping list for getting the in game content out of the different pilots/ships/weapons?

What does everything unlock (other than the toy itself in game)? Like what can you do that you couldn't otherwise if you didn't have the toy or digital approximation?

See ya!

DarkRula

The only content locked out is for 100% completion of everything within the worlds that are definitely not required to progress the story. In other words, some of the bonus perks are locked out, as are some of the towers that require certain weapon attributes to activate.

Edited on by DarkRula

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

ralphdibny

@DarkRula @Yorumi cheers, I appreciate the advice. Maybe I will pick up some weapons then. I got the impression that they unlocked areas when you blasted things with the right weapon type. Might get a ship and some characters too. Unfortunately they are not that cheap, the ships are a tenner, the weapons £4 and the pilots £2. I loathe to spend any more money on this game considering I dumbly bought it for £70 thinking it would sell out but the thought of missing out on content/general time factors has meant that I haven't played much.

So weapons=puzzles
Ships=lives
Do the characters unlock any new story/cut scenes??

See ya!

DarkRula

gimmi_c wrote:

Do the characters unlock any new story/cut scenes??

The only character thing is nothing major. Just character-specific dialogue while out in the field and in fights.

DarkRula

3DS Friend Code: 4253-3513-2745 | Nintendo Network ID: DarkRula

ralphdibny

@DarkRula @Yorumi fair enough, cool. I really enjoyed what I played in only a few hours so I'm looking forward to getting back into it. Reminded me a bit of no man's sky but with more structure. I mainly got the starter kit for the arwing but considering I have a shelf full of amiibo I can probably add a bit more junk to it lol. I suppose if I get some of what's in the shop then maybe the rest will go down in price further in future. I bought most of my amiibo in the bargain bin.

See ya!

HobbitGamer

@gimmi_c If this helps out; I bought digital at launch but after all the toys stayed on sale consistently I bought physical last month.
I also grabbed: Neptune ship, Nadir ship, the Shockwave, Freeze gun, Meteor, Flamethrower weapon sets (can’t remember which pairs went together) with the weapons and ships I’ve got, I can collect all in game warden relics. Only thing I can’t get are a few equinox upgrades for Eli and Kharl

#MudStrongs

ralphdibny

@HobbitGamer nice one, cheers. I'll have a look at what they have, I can't really remember what all the weapon logos mean so I was a bit lost looking at them today with ten minutes until the shop closed (I went there to pick up spyro PS4 for 18 quid).

Knowing me, I'll probably just get everything they have in the end, bringing my starlink total spend to well over a ton.

Damn Ubisoft and their average to good games with toys and/or season passes!

I seem to have a few recently...south park 1 and 2, mario+Rabbids (still waiting for season pass to go on sale), starlink and a few ps plus ones like assassin's creed blackflag which was total ass(assin), trials fusion which was as addictive as crack and steep which I started playing last night so the jury is out on that one.

Bring back splinter cell dammit lol (with Michael Ironside and not that guy from smallville)

See ya!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic