Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 941 to 960 of 5,014

NightMoon

I'm going to test it.

NightMoon

Switch Friend Code: SW-1763-0139-7023 | Nintendo Network ID: NightMoonArt

NightMoon

@shani Oh so you saw it. Ok. I was just testing to see if it actually works. Thanks for confirming it.

NightMoon

Switch Friend Code: SW-1763-0139-7023 | Nintendo Network ID: NightMoonArt

shani

Huh, so you don't see any rank points when you win and the calculation method for wins and losses seems to be the same as in ARMS.

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

Qwertyninty

Maybe I now remember why I didn't like the first one. Is there any way to play local co-op like with the people in my house? Salmon run or any other mode?

Qwertyninty

shani

Is anyone playing ranked right now? i'm curious whether the 'friends' option in the lobby also lets you join friends in ranked battles.

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@Qwertyninty If by local co-op you're talking 1 console splitscreen on the TV like Mario Kart and ARMS, no. If you mean multiple consoles then all the modes except single player.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Qwertyninty

@Grumblevolcano crap! Now I remember. So there is no mode online or other I can play like co-op with the people in my house?

Qwertyninty

KirbyTheVampire

I'd say my favorite weapon so far is the tentatek splattershot, although the slosher comes close. Still only level 7 though, so I haven't unlocked everything yet.

Also @shani I'm pretty sure I saw you in a match, unless someone else has the exact same username as you, lol. I changed mine to Kirby, so you probably didn't recognize me.

KirbyTheVampire

shani

@KirbyTheVampire Yeah IIRC I joined you for that match and then left because I had a gear piece fully unlocked. So far I've been doing that after (almost) every fully unlocked gear piece, can't wait to tinker with the slots once I've got enough gear pieces and - more importantly - money to finance the scrubbing. ^^

@NightMoon Well maybe tomorrow then, I'm really tired. Don't know why I'm still playing, I wanted to stop several times. Spoiler alert: I know exactly why. ^^

The rank system has definitely changed, I don't know how you get to the neutral ranks (maybe by losing the + rank?), but it seems like you only lose rank points after several losses, but gain a lot with every single win.

Pho

Playing Salmon Run! If you see Pho it's me!

Poyo! <3

3DS Friend Code: 1950-8691-6279 | Nintendo Network ID: xPH03N1Xx86

Qwertyninty

So my kids are like... you can't play with Two people on this game. Ha! I guess MK8D has spoiled us. What comes out in September fifa?

Edited on by Qwertyninty

Qwertyninty

KirbyTheVampire

I feel like Salmon Run should have local co-op, or at least a seperate local co-op mode so that it doesn't throw off the balance at all.

KirbyTheVampire

Maxz

They seem to have ripped out nearly all the pinch points from this game. Which is no bad thing at all. The level design in general has a completely different feel to it (apart from Moray Towers which is basically unchanged). The levels have been much less whacky and experimental so far - some of original's brazen eccentricity has been reigned in - but they do feel... better. Fairer. Less infuriating and cheesable.

Even bog standard Turf War feels... dare I say it, vaguely competitive now. Rather than just a meandering spray-for-all in which the first two and a half minutes are just a prelude to the last 30 seconds where the game was actually decided - usually by whichever team had the most Specials stockpiled at that point.

Maybe I'm being a bit harsh on the Turf War of old, but I think people just saying "this is a glorified port of the original" are really missing an awful lot that has gone on under the bonnet.

A lot has been tweaked and tightened which isn't obvious until you spend some
time with it, and we've got an extra year to see what else will be laid on top of that foundation.

So far, there's a strange mix of intense familiarity when playing through the game, but also a feeling that everything has changed. I haven't touched Hero or Ranked Mode yet - I've mainly been splatting Salmonids with the odd bit of Turf War thrown in. But it definitely feels different, and (though it's strange to say this of a game about cartoon squid kids), a lot more mature.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Qwertyninty

@KirbyTheVampire crazy we had this thought. It really makes no sense at all. Especially with the console being a hybrid and having detachable controllers. NO SENSE!

Qwertyninty

Late

@Qwertyninty I think there are multiple reasons why there's no splitscreen.

1. A single Joy-Con doesn't have enough buttons, so you need both for each player.
2. They had a 2 player splitscreen mode in the original Splatoon but it was 30fps which feels really sluggish after playing in 60fps. I doubt the Switch could run splitscreen any better. They also can't match people playing with different framerates so no going online with two people on the same console.
3. They never updated the original splitscreen mode when they added new maps so it probably wasn't their priority in the first place. This time they decided to focus on other stuff and leave it out completely.

I agree it's bit of a shame there's no splitscreen mode but I can see why they decided against it.

It's its, not it's.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8287-7444-2602 | Nintendo Network ID: LateXD

Ralizah

Dual splaties > Everything

I love the map design in this game. Much more open. Enemy teams won't be winning matches by camping with snipers near choke points anymore.

Salmon Run is surprisingly fun, although I've had very little experience with it.

Only completed one world in hero mode, but so far, it feels really similar to the campaign in the first game. We'll see how this evolves.

Being able to just chill with the Switch and play the game anywhere is AMAZING. Not a day goes by that I'm not impressed with the versatility of this machine.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Ryu_Niiyama

Woot Amazon's weird shipping rules worked in my favor this time. (I now have a Po Box I usually don't get release day shipping anymore) Got the game today. I'll be studying all weekend but I will try to take a crack at the single player game for a bit.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Yasaal

Guys just a quick question here, How do we perform the special Dodge with the Dualies? That's the only thing keeping me back from using the weapon online as I wanna master a weapon before going online with it.

Currently Watching: Psycho-Pass

Currently Playing: -

My Nintendo: Yasaal | Nintendo Network ID: Yasaal | Twitter:

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic