Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 881 to 900 of 5,014

OorWullie

@Pigeon I found the most comfortable way to play was with the Pro controller. I struggled with detached Joy-con but I know I could get used to them with some practice. It was the right analogue that was giving me problems. Playing with them detached reminds me of playing with a Wii remote and Nunchuck so I'm going to make a point of getting the hang of playing that way. Either way though motion controls are a must in my opinion, even if they takes you ages to get the hang of. Not using them definitely puts you at a disadvantage.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

Nicolai

@shani TC and RM are similar, but I think that Pearl Chase switches things up enough with the ability to pass it. I had an idea where there is an item in the middle of the stage that you can splat to change its color, and every 60 seconds, whoever's color it is gets 1 point while the stage is splashed with the other team's ink. At the end of the game, the team with the most points win.

Your philosophy may be "if it works, don't change it," but I would appreciate a little variety in the rules of the game, to change what strategies are involved. That was probably my favorite part of Splatoon, figuring out what strategies work when each mode was introduced.

Pigeon wrote:

shani wrote:

Salmon run, League battle, Local wireless mode, LAN mode, Splatfest Squads, Spectator mode - that's six new modes!
Personally, I wouldn't have needed any new modes, I was perfectly happy with those from the first game. So all these additions represent the cherry on top for me (especially League battles!).

As Nicolai explained, these are 'ways of playing', not 'game modes'.

More specifically, "ways of connecting with players" without changing any of the rules of the game.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Yasaal

Just a quick question to those who have the game (mine's being installed rn), analog or motion controls? Which is better? I'm asking experienced people who have tried both in Splatoon 2.

Currently Watching: Psycho-Pass

Currently Playing: -

My Nintendo: Yasaal | Nintendo Network ID: Yasaal | Twitter:

Kimyonaakuma

@Yasaal Motion controls are definitely better! They take a while to get used to them though..

Kimyonaakuma

OorWullie

@Yasaal Motion controls all the way. They're tricky to get the hang of at first but stick with them and eventually they'll click. You might want to try lowering the sensitivity if they're giving you too much trouble.

I'm playing it just now, it feels great to be back.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

Maxz

I like to take a wishy-washy 'personal preference' stance on most of these issues, but motion controls do offer an objective advantage in opening up your range of aiming without having to set the analogue stick to being so sensitive that it becomes unusable for subtle movements. You might find yourself in some pretty weird positions before you learn to properly use the motion and analogue sticks together though.

Still, definitely worth learning IMO. And if you don''t like them at first, you can still have them on but just not use them much by not moving the controller (apart from in the Y axis).

It's funny, because there was the usual 'motion controls are for n00bs' snobbery when the first game can out, until it became clear that they were really the 'pr0' option. As if overnight, the l33ts had become the n00bs they had once derided. I think there are some high level players who use analogue, but as far I know, it's mainly motion at the top of the game.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Haruki_NLI

Just gone 9am. The wait for the mail begins. I have a Splatoon Inkling Squid cushion to hug until then

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

19Robb92

@Yasaal
I prefer motion controls since they're faster, but they definitely take some getting used to. It's worth it though, the game is a lot of fun when you get a hang of it. Splatoon is a lot about speed IMO, the game is most fun when you're able to act and move around fast. Motion controls help with that.

I'd recommend to play through the single player using motion controls before going online. That way you should get a hang of it before entering competitive battles.

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

OorWullie

Port Mackerel feels so different yet so familiar. It looks really good too,as does Moray Towers in the daytime. The map rotation comes around so quick too.

I just realise you can use motion to aim your super jumps.I thought the map moving was just for show. This way is much easier than using the D-pad.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

Mr_Humpf

My copy arrived yesterday, but I didn't get a chance to play it. Hopefully I'll get on it over the weekend.

Friend code: SW-4624-7969-8089

Spoony_Tech

Definitely motion controls, just don't watch someone else play with them on till you get use to them yourself. I played the first game to death and recently watch my son play and got quite a bit queasy.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Honelith

I've played Splatoon 1 for many months and still do regularly, so I'm used to the Wii U gamepad, I thought the Switch being rather similar in design would play fine for me, but nope, I just couldn't play well using handheld mode, so I tried the joycon grip and I just can't seem to agree with joycons for Splatoon 2. Yet it's fine for Zelda or Mario Kart or ARMS. So for me, the pro controller was hands down the best way to play Splatoon 2. You spend most of your time using the shoulder buttons and the pro controller has nicely moulded and chunky shoulder buttons, whereas the joycons are cramped and small, so it's more comfy and feels better with the pro controller. And motion aim felt much better on the pro controller, probably because it has a much better shape to hold than the joycons.

Ordered my copy from Gameseek because it was £41.75, should arrive today, so hyped!

Honelith

Switch Friend Code: SW-0658-7331-4900

Yasaal

Ok thanks for the replies everyone! I used motion controls for all the battles and I'm really enjoying it!

Currently Watching: Psycho-Pass

Currently Playing: -

My Nintendo: Yasaal | Nintendo Network ID: Yasaal | Twitter:

OorWullie

I'm absolutely slaughtering all the new players and it feels great. 14v3, 12v0 and 13v3 in the last 3 games. I'm going to enjoy it while I can because it won't be getting scores like those in a few days.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

JoyBoy

Where do I trade in my Fresh 10,5 "points"? I remember you could do that by talking to the cat in the first game.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Luke64

I'm still pretty mad that the eshop crashed last night. I had to wake up early today so I couldn't wait any longer. I'm still super hyped. Downloading Now!

Nintendo Rules
NES Classic Edition Owner
Come on Reggie, Give us Mother 3!
#Vapenation
Keyblade Wielder and Jedi
History is cool

Grumblevolcano

Finally have it, I think what I'll mainly do is play online on the TV and play single player on handheld when I don't have access to an internet connection.

Edited on by Grumblevolcano

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Samus7Killer

went ahead and preordered Splatoon2 yesterday. picking it up after work along with Bayonetta amiibos.

Samus7Killer

Eric258

Just finished the campaign. It was SOOOOO GOOOOOD!!! It was a decent challenge, especially with the bosses, they could get quite tricky at points. Also loved using different weapons for the single player, really added a lot of variety and I'm already planning on going back and trying some stages with different weapons. The grind rails were really fun and a majority of the collectibles were very well hidden (including one in a particular stage which was especially frustrating and so easy to miss XD). Also final boss is just pure awesome and I loved all the music throughout the campaign. Humour was also on point, seriously, though, I actually laughed out loud several times due to the great writing and amazing puns. Only disappointment is that it's over!

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-2601-9990-4610
Super Mario Run Friend Code: 1391-4403-4742
Fire Emblem Heroes Friend Code: 1332698932
Twitter: @Eric258kip

Ralizah

@Grumblevolcano I want to play through single-player the first time on the TV (mostly), but I can definitely see myself replaying it on the tablet with different weapons.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic