Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 4,341 to 4,360 of 5,014

Joekun

These new levels are pretty challenging. Having a lot of fun though. Got 2 parts and close to a third.

Joekun

Skid

I'll probably just avoid this thread until I beat it. I can't get spoiled by those thangs!

Switch
Username: Skid
Friend Code: SW-7539-3214-1413

JHDK

I know I'm late to the party but man Splatoon 2 is fun. I didn't have a Wii U so I missed the first one and when I tried the test fire last year I didn't really like it. Today I saw the sale and figured it was worth a second shot at only $40. I'm happy I took the chance because I'm having a blast with it. I'm only level 6 right now, and there are still lots of parts of the game I need to learn but I'm excited to keep playing and improving.

Switch Friend Code: 5258-4283-7999

meleebrawler

The Octolings in the plaza look so nervous and awkward it's endearing, and a little sad. Sometimes they even sit on the ground in a near fetal position. It's making all those pro-social posts in the plaza seem reasonable.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

ALinkToThePasta

Played a few levels of the expansion last night, and I'm very impressed so far. Right off the bat, it's clear that this campaign is going to be considerably more innovative and fun (and challenging) than the main Splatoon 2 campaign (which was enjoyable enough, but just felt so much like a reheated version of the Splatoon 1 campaign). I was hesitant about spending the $20 (I sort of regret buying the Breath of the Wild DLC), but this one seems well worth it. Eager to dig into more of it when I get home tonight.

ALinkToThePasta

toiletduck

So I'm not really into online multiplayer; I get stressed sometimes by playing against people I don't know is this game still any fun once you beat the single player campaigns? Can you play with bots for example and do they have reasonable A.I.?

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

ALinkToThePasta

@toiletduck No playing with bots, unfortunately. You might like the Salmon Run mode, though, where you're working cooperatively with other players to defeat A.I. enemies rather than actually fighting other players. Definitely the most low-stress option if you don't like the competitive intensity of the other matches. And the new expansion is entirely single-player if you want more of that.

ALinkToThePasta

toiletduck

@ALinkToThePasta thanks! And bummer... I'll probably borrow the game first in a while.

toiletduck

Switch Friend Code: SW-2231-9448-5129

Toy_Link

Just finished Octo Expansion, but still need to finish so,e stages.

BTW new Splatfest coming up soon OJ with pulp vs OJ without pulp.

Legal threats that have gone nowhere: 1

-Green-

the octo expansion was amazing. worth every penny imo.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

ianl579

@-Green- I agree!

"You feel it? Fawful is also feeling it! I am needing to feel it even more, though!" - The magnificent Fawful

Maxz

I thoroughly thoroughly enjoyed it too. And I've still got at least 20 more levels to go. Having beaten the story, I can say it's much much more than just a level pack.

The variety, the execution, the narrative drive, the attention to detail, the music, the cinematics... ooph!

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Kimyonaakuma

I've only played it for a couple of hours but I'm impressed! Hopefully I'll finish the story tomorrow, I have 3 "thangs" so it shouldn't be difficult. It looks like a ton of effort has gone into it and in my opinion is one of the better looking parts of the game, but that might just be due to them going overboard with the DoF effects (which are awesome, and is probably why I like how Octopath Traveller looks too )
I think technically the areas in Octo Expansion have more space than any other mode to push how Splatoon 2 looks and I'm glad that they put that effort in.

The levels are more challenging, maybe not to extent that the articles on this website have suggested but it's just the right difficulty. Only one level has sent me into rage mode but I won't spoil it for anybody (It's the one with name referencing a Spice Girls song, that's all I'll say!). But overall I'm suprised how varied it feels, it has several new level ideas and mixes it in with old ones from Hero Mode but they still feel fresh and different in each level so far! And of course they've added the ridiculous things that can only really he added in a DLC pack such as the Inkjet levels, which are a nice change.

What really suprises me is that this is the same price as the Breath of the Wild season pass, but it's so much better! I was worried that Nintendo is going to go a bad route with DLC after what happened with Zelda but they seem to be improving things with Splatoon 2 and Xenoblade Chronicles 2.

Kimyonaakuma

Bolt_Strike

Just bought and started the main game today (not because of Octo Expansion, I just recently switched to faster internet so I can play more online now). Playing through Octo Valley and I'm really getting irritated how Sheldon keeps forcing weapons on you. Not as fun if you're forced to beat the game with a weapon you're not comfortable using.

Bolt_Strike

Switch Friend Code: SW-5621-4055-5722 | 3DS Friend Code: 4725-8075-8961 | Nintendo Network ID: Bolt_Strike

-Green-

The secret at the end of all the tests is super hard. It feels almost unfair.

Maxz

@Bolt_Strike The developers have stated that they saw Story Mode as a sort of training arena for the online game. That is, much of the point of it is to deliberately force players out of their comfort zone in order to familiarise them with the game's large array of weapons, so they don't just get stuck using one. So like it or not, it is a deliberate design decision. You can go back and play it with any weapon after you've beaten it though.

HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

-Green-

Octo Expansion was sort of ‘short’ but it definitely offered a unique and incredibly memorable experience. Left me feeling warm and gooey on the inside and honestly just cements Splatoon 2 as the best game on the Switch imo.

meleebrawler

The first phase of the escape felt really reminiscent of Metal Gear, what with the stealth and support crying out your name when you die.

And I'm just gonna say that the Octoling's charger victory animation puts the slosher spin to shame.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Alantor28

Hey, I have a question about motion controls. Is the game easy to play with them on?

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698
PSN: MMX20

Switch Friend Code: SW-6488-5483-0698

Maxz

@Alantor28 Most players report some adjustment time - especially if they haven't played the first game - but those who get used to them swear by them - myself included.

It certainly shouldn't be an off-putting point for anyone. And if you really don't like them, you can easily turn them off. But I'd advise sticking with them as it's a beautifully fluid and reactive control setup once mastered.

HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic