Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 4,101 to 4,120 of 5,014

iLikeUrAttitude

Just curious to know, how do you all utilize motion controls in Splatoon 2? I normally play with the joycons separated for more accuracy, it feels more comfortable to me.

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

Zyrac

@iLikeUrAttitude I use the Joy-Con grip, I guess just because that's more similar to the old Wii U Gamepad controls. People like to insist the Pro Controller is vastly better than the grip but I've never felt any need to shell out for one. I'm fine with playing in handheld mode as well.

Zyrac

Twitter:

Ryzaerian

I bought this game about a week after getting my Switch. Didn’t get it initially because I felt the colors were aimed at children and “how fun could spraying ink be?”

You may laugh at me now.

Friend Code: SW-4697-0836-1490

Currently playing: Warframe, Diablo 3, Splatoon 2, Paladins, Zelda: BotW, Xenoblade Chronicles 2, Bastion.

“...and we will send you to whatever god you wish.”

Octane

Opinion Fact: Salmon Run is only fun when the weapons are good.

Octane

shani

Just a friendly reminder: The NL (=NintendoLife) Inklings tournament will (hopefully!) take place this Splatterday, March 24th!

If you want to participate, just join our Discord server: https://discord.gg/53QfEUF

You can find all the relevant info in the channels #teambuilding and #nltournaments

@Octane I agree, it's one of the reasons I don't like that mode too much (the other is playing against the AI instead of human beings).
I don't get why they don't let you choose your gear and weapons like in all the other modes...

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

meleebrawler

If everyone had their way in Salmon Run, they'd just pick Splattershots or other all-around weapons all the time simply to cover all bases, just to not be ''that guy'' with the charger during a Salmonid Rush. Even if you couldn't directly call out/insult others for their weapon choices due to lack of voice chat with randoms, there'd still be plenty of other online outlets to do so.

It's healthier for everyone to direct toxicity at a game rather than towards people.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

iLikeUrAttitude

Why does y'all hate the charger in Salmon Run? So what the weapon requires a little more skill

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

Zyrac

Being able to pick weapons in Salmon Run would be boring. The mode relies heavily on randomness to keep itself interesting.

And I like using chargers there, especially the E-Liter. If it were possible, I'd volunteer to always have that weapon when it's in rotation. Then I could have my fun and other people wouldn't have to moan about it being there.

Zyrac

Twitter:

iLikeUrAttitude

@Zyrac People are just afraid to GIT GUD with chargers and rather use weapons that hold their hand.

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

Lroy

Just wondering what level most causal players of SPLATOON 2 are at. What's a good number to set as a target to reach before then concentrating on other areas of the game?

🇬🇧 Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
🇬🇧 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast 🕹 | 🚀
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

iLikeUrAttitude

@Lroy I would aim for level 30 before you officially start playing competitively. Level 30 is when using chunks are unlocked are think and that allows you to farm for the perfect gear more efficiently.

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

Grumblevolcano

Piranha Pit is coming tomorrow!

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

Lroy

iLikeUrAttitude wrote:

@Lroy I would aim for level 30 before you officially start playing competitively. Level 30 is when using chunks are unlocked are think and that allows you to farm for the perfect gear more efficiently.

Yeah, that makes sense. I'm closing in on Level 24 having spent equal amounts of time in single player and Salmon Run up until now. Playing Turf War more now though. Not really tried any of the other modes yet, like ranked or league?

Plus, I don't know or understand the whole Gear aspect of the game ☺️

Edited on by Lroy

NinjaAceTrainer

@iLikeUrAttitude @Lroy What? 'Chunks are unlocked at level 30.' They're unlocked as soon as you can talk to Murch, so level 4. Unless something has changed in version 1.2 onwards.

Just your everday ninja, who may also be an ace trainer.

Lroy

@NinjaAceTrainer Ah cool, either way. The ability chunks and gear are an aspect I've yet to get my head around despite putting about 65hrs into the game, lol! I never invested anywhere near that in the first game to my shame. Perhaps that is also why I don't seem to grasp these wider aspects of the game. Be happy to hear someone explain it and how best to venture into it.

Maxz

There's no such thing as 'perfect gear' either. You have a finite number of slots available, and a vast spectrum of possibilities in how to use them. What works 'best' will vary with weapon, mode, individual playstyle, and probably a whole host of other things. The exact balance of what feels and works best is almost impossible to pin down precisely, and may even change over time as your playstyle evolves. A lot of people like going for 'pure sets' where the main and all three subs match, but this is functionally no different to having the name number of subs distributed over several pieces of clothing. It might make it easier to mix and match kit, but ultimately it's not that important. Also, the game discourages excessive loading of a single ability by reducing the efficacy with each addition, which is something to bear in mind.

A sensible approach to the whole topic might simply be to examine what problems you run into frequently. If you often find yourself inkless at a key point in battle, you might want to consider using gear with the Ink Saver Main ability. If you throw a lot of subs and wish you didn't run dry so quickly afterwards, you could use some Ink Saver Sub. If you feel a bit sluggish getting back to battle, or want to flee with more ease, Swim Speed Up will make you more nimble in the ink. If you frequently find yourself dying irritatingly close to getting your special, Special Charge Up will bring down the number of points necessary to use it. Special Saver can be good if you use Splashdown a lot and want to recharge your meter quickly after dying so that you can super jump back into the action with added oomph. There's obviously a lot more to say in the subject, (including which abilities are best to be avoided in most circumstances), but identifying what scenarios in the game you want to downplay or avoid can be a logical place to start. It might be worth poking about in YouTube to look for some gear guides, or example builds too (though be aware than some high level players will tune their gear to a specific and difficult to replicate playstyle).

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

Lroy

@Maxz Thanks so much. This actually makes sense to me. Really appreciate you taking the time to respond 👍

NinjaAceTrainer

@iLikeUrAttitude No... You can do that at level 4 aswell. The only things that are unlocked at level 30 are some weapons and from then on you get a super sea snail for every level up if you talk to Judd.

Just your everday ninja, who may also be an ace trainer.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic