Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 4,121 to 4,140 of 5,014

shani

Lroy wrote:

Just wondering what level most causal players of SPLATOON 2 are at. What's a good number to set as a target to reach before then concentrating on other areas of the game?

Why would you set a level target? Makes no sense to me. Your level rises automatically by playing the online modes, so you should focus more on the actual modes. Because the level doesn't say anything about how good a player is in any given mode.
So, the only levels you have to worry about reaching are level 4 (buying/customizing gear) and level 10 (entering ranked). Since you've already surpassed them, you don't need to think about it any further.

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

Lroy

@shani I know it doesn't matter really. I was more curious what was considered having a good crack at the game. SPLATOON 2 is a massive time sink as it is so compulsively playable. I've really enjoyed my time with it and will keep playing it but I also like to have a sense of 'I had my time with a game' in order to put it down and move onto some other games in my backlog.

Possibly not explaining myself too clearly but I agree. Once I hit level 30 (purely as an arbitrary target for myself) I'll just experiment a bit in the other modes. πŸ‘Œ

πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ Nintendo Switch FC: 3127 6508 1219 |
πŸ‡¬πŸ‡§ 3DS FC: 0361 9527 6404 |
Nintendo Switch Arcade Enthusiast πŸ•Ή | πŸš€
Retro Gamer | Digital Pinball Fan
Adult Switch Gamers Discord

shani

@Lroy Well if you're planning to put it down in the foreseeable future, I'd urge you even more to play the ranked modes as soon as possible. Not only are they a lot more fun than Turf War (which is really more like a prelude to them), I consider them the core element of Splatoon. So I don't know why you would wait with that until level 30.

To be honest, I'm almost impressed how you could hold out that long. Just the thought of exclusively playing TW for so long (until level 24 or even 30) baffles me, I'd find it too boring. I mean, at some point TW just becomes repetitive and pointless because there's no real objective (other than 'ink the ground').

Personally, I consider TW to be the beginner's mode, the 'everybody wins' mode (because you always get points and unlock gear regardless of winning), the "I wanna try a new weapon" mode, the 'I'm too tired to play ranked right now' mode or just the warm-up mode before entering ranked.

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

-Green-

I hope the devs really improve Spla2's tick rate in the future updates. They did for the original Splat and especially since they continue to portray it as a 'competitive esports' game.

Honestly, Splatoon's gameplay is great, but the online is terrible in comparison.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Grumblevolcano

New Splatfests are announced!

Europe: Sweet vs. Salty for popcorn
NA: Soccer vs. Baseball

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

-Green-

Soccer is gonna be the most popular probably.

Btw, Germany won (Gucci Gang I think it was) the European Championship and are moving on to E3. So good for them.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

iLikeUrAttitude

But what if I hate both soccer and baseball?

Good... good
Now play Dragon Quest

Octane

I'm suddenly losing every match in Salmon Run. I was at Profreshional for the longest time, but now I even went down a level. I don't know why, but it seems like the randoms I play forgot how to play Splatoon.

I'm certain there was one guy who thought he was playing Turf War...

Octane

Skid

Finally got out of C- straight to B in clam blitz today. I really only play splatoon on my lunch break. Played one match in B and it felt a lot better.

I now know why clam blitz wasn't in the game from the start. Watching the other team have three balls and they are at our goal throwing their subs instead. The one good guy doesn't have a ball, splats me, lets his three teammates get splatted and then proceeds to throw all three balls in. He/she had to have been yelling at the screen.

Switch
Username: Skid
Friend Code: SW-7539-3214-1413

GoldenGamer88

The NL Inklings are looking for a fourth member to play in this weekend's Splatfest Team Battles. If you are Team Sweet and feel like playing with us, feel free to join us (same goes for everybody else interested of course!) Link is in my signature.

@Octane I see you are Team Sweet. Do you have time to play this evening (with open beginning and end) or tomorrow?

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

Grumblevolcano

@Octane The app shows which team your Switch friends pick.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

GoldenGamer88

@Octane Sweet, maybe around 9:30 AM BST? The other two probably would also have to
time at a later point if you can't at that time.

Edited on by GoldenGamer88

Octane

@GoldenGamer88 9:30am!? I'm still recovering from the hangover at that time

Anything past noon is fine by me!

Octane

GoldenGamer88

@Octane Fine by me and hopefully @NinjaAceTrainer as well. Letβ€˜s make it 1 PM BST then.

Edited on by GoldenGamer88

NinjaAceTrainer

@Octane I won't be free from 10 AM to 1 PM, so I could make that time work, but I'll be a bit late for 1 PM. Also, just to make communication easier, are you going to join the NL Inklings Discord?

Edited on by NinjaAceTrainer

Just your everday ninja, who may also be an ace trainer.

darkfenrir

I have some questions for you guys that play Splatoon 2, if I don't have much plan to play this multiplayer, how much fun will I get with this?

(And possibly can get it for around $40 secondhand ish)

darkfenrir

NinjaAceTrainer

@darkfenrir Not much I'm afraid. The single player campaign on its own is 8~ hours long, 20 hours long if you 100% everything and get every hero weapon, which means completing all 28 levels with all 9 weapons, which can get quite repetitive. The Octo expansion is coming out in Summer, bringing an extra 80 levels, but you'll have to shell out $20/€20/Β£18 for that. It really isn't worth it for that alone. The multiplayer is stellar though.

darkfenrir

@NinjaAceTrainer Ouch... guess not then :[

Was hoping it'll be deeper since I'm a single player person to be honest (Never get into multi much unless it's local since I enjoy a lot of just messing around with friends, online is just too hard with around 12 hours timezone difference).

Thank you for giving answer!

darkfenrir

NinjaAceTrainer

@Tsurii They definitely are. I love this Shifty Station, particularly because Stingray is my favourite special, but controlling and holding the centre near the beginning is an enourmous boon. I do wish that the Grapples were part of a permanent stage though.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic