Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 381 to 400 of 5,014

Maxz

Hero Mode is looking really groovy. Those knee-jerk commentators who claimed the game was 'just a port' can go take a long, cold bath and reflect on their words while staring into the cold, unflinching eyes of a rubber duck.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

meleebrawler

Is that directional indicator in front of the Inkling new for rollers?

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

meleebrawler

@FGPackers Oh yeah, now I remember, it's when you hold the trigger... most people don't do that.

Nicolai

My concerns about the game's port-itude went away when I saw Salmon Run.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

yokokazuo

Mine went away when I saw pants

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

FGPackers

If you watch the video in the latest news on Nintendo Life (sorry too much tired to search for it and link it, returned 10 minutes ago from a very long day) about the game, you can see some little but very interesting twists made to ranked modes. I love it!!

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

yokokazuo

Here is the video

Untitled
Also a friend pointed this out to me.
Some presumable new abilities (double quick respawn one looking one has been seen before).
Some theories are that some are old abilities that didn't before, but can now stack and some other new ones.
The main of the headgear could be cold-blooded, but more of them reduce how long you are marked with haunt and echolocation assuming those are back in some way. (They did say all specials are new I think, but maybe a similar replacement to echolocation could appear)
Third sub of the shirt seems to be ink resistance which wasn't stackable before, but seems to be so this time.
Main for the shoes looks to be a sub weapon defence up (maybe defence by itself doesn't help against sub weapons or maybe it just isn't as effective.)
And second sub of the shoes could be a double quick respawn? Or maybe comeback with quick respawn.

yokokazuo

FGPackers

@yokokazuo thank you!!

By the way i'm noticing that on abilities they're adding really another level of strategy!! AWESOME!!

FGPackers

FGPackers

The rain special from trailer. No english name yet

FGPackers

Nicolai

@FGPackers I stared at that third picture for a long time thinking that was some kind of new octoling! Nope.

Got married.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Maxz

@FGPackers The localisation team are going to have to use their imaginations if they want to avoid confusion, as the Japanese name for that Special is basically 'Rainmaker' (or more accurately, Rain-Spreader/Shedder).

It seems like you use it with the R button, upon which it throws a projectile that launches a rain cloud into the air above the point of impact (NB: not into the air directly, meaning you might be able to hit people with the projectile itself before it releases the raincloud). The raincloud then gradually moves from the point of impact (though it's not clear what determines the direction), whilst scattering ink onto the ground below. It's effective for maintaining an existing foothold, or dispelling the opposing team if they occupy an advantageous part of the map.

So while it doesn't seem to go all out in firepower, it looks like it could help turn the tide of battle in terms of territory occupancy.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

FGPackers

@Maxz this seems to be a great special for both Splat Zones and Tower Control (on checkpoints especially). Not quite the same for Rainmaker!

FGPackers

Nicolai

@Maxz It would be cool If it always moved in the direction of the enemy's spawn point. That would add another element of thinking when placing your sub.

Got married.

yokokazuo

@Maxz official English name is now the Ink Storm (there is a Splatoon tournament with the same name )
https://splatoonus.tumblr.com
More English details were revealed about various weapons and some other new sub weapons.
Untitled
The Robot Bomb is called the Auto Bomb in English.
The new Disruptor sub is called the Toxic Mist (Disruptor were called Poison Bombs and the new one is Poison Mist in Japanese so it seems they went closer to the Japanese name for this one)

Also Ink Mines got buffed and now mark an enemy who activates it and you can have two at once.
Splash Walls and Beakons are also confirmed to return, I wasn't sure if beakons would since you don't have a second screen to tap on, but I think bringing up the map and pointing with gyro controls should still work fine. Hoping the 3K has it again.

Also that is really interesting about the scoped weapons now. Most chargers including myself just used the scoped versions because of the longer range. I could see myself using a non-scoped charger more often in Splatoon 2 because of this.

yokokazuo

FGPackers

yokokazuo wrote:

Also that is really interesting about the scoped weapons now. Most chargers including myself just used the scoped versions because of the longer range. I could see myself using a non-scoped charger more often in Splatoon 2 because of this.

Just for that i think i will be using only non-scoped chargers. The insta-shot is too much useful to this class of weapons...a little bit of range is not enough to make me choose them

FGPackers

meleebrawler

@FGPackers Never saw much of a point to any of the scoped chargers in the first game, except maybe the e-liter. The others just don't shoot far enough to warrant such tunnel vision.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic