Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 361 to 380 of 5,014

FGPackers

@meleebrawler By the way i misunderstood from the start. Read Octarians instead of Octolings, and i noticed it just thanks to your last post, LOL. Now i fully understood all of it and yeah, i agree here too I would really like to know more about them (Octolings), and i'm liking a lot what Nintendo is doing with story background behind this multiplayer game. This can be a huge (new) selling point for the game, and it can be awesome!

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

meleebrawler

Looking at Splatoon 2 Octolings again... yup, those new shades are DEFINITELY identical to the ones seen on Callie. That and the red glow can't just be a new fashion sense... just can't be.

It also helps that Octolings seem much smarter, both from a gameplay standpoint and seemingly lore-wise too. The rest of the Octarians, not so much considering how easy it is to fool them by hiding, and especially the Octoweapon pilots who keep falling for the same trick three times each (or in the case of Octonozzle, just plain stinks as a weapon). Octoling intelligence makes much deadlier adversaries... but also much more likely to revolt.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

FGPackers

I was wondering: will Splatoon amiibo have same functionality as Splatoon 2 amiibo? Because if i remember right Nintendo did say that the game will also be compatible with previous amiibo, but they did not say that new amiibo will have different functionality from older ones. Did i miss something in the meanwhile?

Because with Disgaea 5, ARMS and Splatoon 2 pre-ordered i don't think i'll be able to pick Splatoon 2 amiibo...

Edited on by FGPackers

FGPackers

FGPackers

The rails seem to be fun to use. I wonder how they'll work with weapons like chargers, rollers, sloshers or even splatlings!

FGPackers

meleebrawler

These rails and how they work remind me more of Kid Icarus Uprising than Sonic... and also give nasty flashbacks of how terrible clubs were at single-player in higher levels. Hope rollers aren't too bad at getting things on rails with their jumping distance flings...

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Ralizah

Dev wrote:

• Octo Valley has become more feminine

Um...

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

-Green-

I'm still waiting for the Boy Octolings Ninty. They have to exist.

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Ralizah

@Dev @Tsurii I guess the Octolings never struck me as terribly masculine to begin with. What are they doing now, braiding eachothers' tentacles?

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

ValhallaOutcast

what is the best way to learn the basics of Splatoon without buying it, when I watch video I am not following whats going on

most shooters are obvious but this one looks like there is more to it

Friend Code SW-4365-4821-7317

Qwertyninty

Well the wife pre-ordered this already. I hope they bump the resolution in the final game. Not anywhere close the a graphics person but I know the switch is more than capable of what this game ran on Wii U.

Qwertyninty

Nicolai

@ValhallaOutcast I dunno what to tell you about not buying it, but the best way to get the basics down is to play the single-player campaign. But if you don't have the game yet, maybe try watching some of (Wii U) Splatoon's pre-release footage? Such as it's E3 2014 introduction trailer, and Treehouse footage. Players move pretty slowly at this stage, and key concepts are demonstrated.

The most critical new concept apart from other shooters is to understand the benefits of being in your own color's ink, i.e., the ability to hide, swim fast, and refill ink supply; and the defects of enemy ink, like taking damage and slower movement. And then from there, understanding how one can control an area with his own color. Spreading an area in ink allows things like creating new holes in a team's defense, preventing a team from retreating properly, etc.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Maxz

@ValhallaOutcast Shoot ink on the floor. If you shoot more ink on the floor than the opposing team, you win.

At least that's Turf War, the main mode. Other modes have other rules, obviously. If you have any other questions, do ask.

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

ValhallaOutcast

@Maxz thanks what is the swimming in the ink? is that refilling your own ammo?

Nicolai

@ValhallaOutcast That, and hiding and swimming, which makes an area filled with enemy ink a lot scarier, since you might not know where they're hiding. The advantages you get in this game from your own color's ink make territory control a critical focus of this game.

Got married.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Joeynator3000

Basically, make a huge mess and stay in it. lol

My Monster Hunter Rise Gameplay
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLzirEG5duST1bEJi0-9kUORu5SRfvuTLr

Discord server: https://discord.gg/fGUnxcK
Keep it PG-13-ish.

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/c/Joeynator3000

Nicolai

@ValhallaOutcast Yes. In fact, there's rarely ever a reason not to walk, stand, swim, or shoot in a puddle of your own ink, which is why it's so crucial to spread as much of it as possible in key areas.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.

yokokazuo

@ValhallaOutcast I think the only time you wouldn't want to be in your ink would perhaps be if you were wanting to sneak around the enemy without them noticing your ink on the map. But you do move significantly slower when not swimming through ink. And if you were to try to go through enemy ink, you are slowed down even more and show up on the enemy map.

I think watching some Splatoon tutorials online could also help with learning more about the game and some of the mechanics. I believe a YouTube channel called Squid Kids has some guides for multiplayer on it. I could try to find some videos in a little bit once I get some free time.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

ValhallaOutcast

@yokokazuo thanks I found the channel you mentioned I will watch these vids

FGPackers

New Hero Mode element

FGPackers

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic