Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 341 to 360 of 5,014

LzWinky

STAY FRESH!

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Octane

I'm wondering... Does Inkopolis smell like a fish market?

Octane

NEStalgia

@Grumblevolcano Of course Callie is saved, how else could they sell more Callie Amiibo?

@chardir I don't want the news feed skippable, but I want them to continuously update the dialog....the prodding between Callie and Marie was a highlight to the game until I'd seen the same ones 500 times.

NEStalgia

Ryu_Niiyama

@Octane How dare you say squid kids smell like fish! It smells like freshly cut roses.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

NEStalgia

@Octane And new sneakers. Fish and kicks....a delightful perfume....

NEStalgia

Aozz101x

so... what happen to agent 3?
must have grown up. and gave the next inkling, to become agent 4?

Edited on by Aozz101x

My Top 9 Favorite Games of All time.
1. Judgement
2. Baldur's Gate 3
3. Bully (Rockstar)
4. Person 4 / Golden
5. Sonic Adventure 2
6. Xenoblade X
7. Ape Escape 2
8. Animal Crossing: New Leaf
9. James Bond 007 Nightfire

Switch Friend Code: SW-5070-3616-4044 | 3DS Friend Code: 4828-8466-0472 | My Nintendo: Aozz101x | Twitter:

meleebrawler

Am I the only one that thinks the new visors worn by Octolings is indicative of something greater?

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

meleebrawler

@Dev Probably just got kidnapped again. He tends to do that. Repeatedly, if you like final boss enough.

MY question is, why does Marie need to use her real name at all, if she doesn't want to expose herself? Couldn't she just call herself Agent 2 like she did in the original? Maybe she figured star power would get the inkling on her side more easily... that didn't work out as planned. Or the inkling does know, and his/her mime syndrome is even worse than Link's.

Edited on by meleebrawler

FGPackers

The second point seems really interesting, it can put another level on single player!

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

meleebrawler

I just hope it doesn't make the single player gameplay too grind-y to get new weapons.

FGPackers

Dev wrote:

I'm surprised I haven't thought about this until recently, but Callie could be a boss in this game, meaning that we could actually fight her. How crazy is that? Poor Callie fans.

#TeamMarie!

FGPackers

meleebrawler

I went back through the first game's scrolls recently, and something about the Octoling one caught my eye. It ponders what motivates them, which we probably didn't give much thought of at the time since we assumed it was just the Octarian cause. But given the info from the new trailers, maybe this could actually foreshadowing that the Octolings aren't as loyal as we thought?

FGPackers

meleebrawler wrote:

I went back through the first game's scrolls recently, and something about the Octoling one caught my eye. It ponders what motivates them, which we probably didn't give much thought of at the time since we assumed it was just the Octarian cause. But given the info from the new trailers, maybe this could actually foreshadowing that the Octolings aren't as loyal as we thought?

They should not be considering the Great Turf War

FGPackers

Maxz

@Dev I'm cautious of faulting NintendoEverything's translation, but my take on the tweet that bullet point 2 is based off would be that Sheldon will grant the player permission to use (in Turf War) any weapon used in Hero Mode if they pass a test for it. Alternatively, weapons can be rented.

I'd like to see a few more pairs of eyes run over it though ( @yokokazuo ?). I think the confusion lies in "兼ねて", which has got a few different uses, but in this case I think basically means 'in addition' or 'as well as'.

Also, I can't find any mention of 'egg collection' in the official tweets themselves, so I think this might be pure speculation. There is the question of what will be the currency/penalty of the rental service though, so who knows.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

NEStalgia

@Dev Easiest boss battle ever. Show her something shiny and she'll get distracted.

Still, #TeamCallie forever.

NEStalgia

LzWinky

Callie has fans?

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

meleebrawler

FGPackers wrote:

meleebrawler wrote:

They should not be considering the Great Turf War

???

What's your point?

FGPackers

@meleebrawler noticed now a misreading by miself...that's what happen when you are tired from a lot of hard training

Were you not saying they're the bad guys?

Edited on by FGPackers

FGPackers

meleebrawler

@FGPackers Yes, of course Octolings are affiliated with the Octarians which makes them villains. But consider the anti-Inkling propaganda painting them as bloodthirsty savages among other things in Octarian society. Perhaps the Octolings were bred for infiltration and espionage, but in the process found out that most of what was told about Inklings was incorrect. At this point they can't or aren't willing to divulge this intel because they still have an energy crisis to solve, so they carry out their Zapfish-stealing mission regardless. Come Splatoon 2, though, perhaps DJ Octavio's first defeat has driven him mad. Now the Octolings are really starting to have second thoughts, especially since as Gamexplain mentions in their single-player analysis, Inkling society has begun researching alternative energy. Theoretically this means they could just take the Great Zapfish to sustain their underground society and leave the Inklings none the wiser while they adapt. But DJ Octavio is too mad and salty to consider this, and wants revenge no matter what. Octolings protest, and they get mind-controlled, most likely just as what happened to Callie.

Or alternatively, Octolings just secretly really love splatting it up with Inklings, and take any chance they get at doing so, which would make serving Octarians merely secondary to that goal. Heck, some may have even tried to slip into official Turf Wars to get their battling fix, as some hackers demonstrated .

All just wild speculation, of course, but it's in good fun.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic