Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 2,541 to 2,560 of 5,014

Nicolai

@Maxz I guess it's up to your imagination how flight works. In my head, it would involve some sort of exercise.
@-Green- You have to get to them before they get you. Either through sneak attacks or via ambush while he's distracted by a teammate. But if I'm playing Tri and a Splat Pro starts at me right as I enter its range, it's usually too late for me.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

NaviAndMii

Thanks to all those who gave me advice on weapons similar to the Aerospray! I tested many of the ones suggested and eventually settled on the Splat Dualies as my new weapon(s) of choice! The added little feature where the reticles merge after a dodge roll (doubling damage) just seems to add that edge and extra degree of technicality that I was looking for! I'm not super amazing with them or anything quite yet, but I'm really enjoying them so far! Fun and challenging at the same time...perfect!

I'm finding sideways rolling with any sort of accuracy to be quite a difficult skill to master at the moment (that'll come in time, I'm sure!) ..but I've discovered that, because they have pretty decent range, rolling straight backwards can often a) make aiming the double damage hit a little easier & b) roll you out of harms way if the other player has a shorter range weapon! ..quite an effective little trick to have up your sleeve if sideways rolling isn't coming naturally to you - good place to start!

..plus, there's the added bonus that many of the Abilities on my current outfit (tailored to the Aerospray) seem to compliment the Dualies quite nicely too! ..really, really appreciate all of your help everyone - very, very helpful advice!

(Credit: @Zyrac, @Nicolai, @Nintendoer & @Sir_Anthony - respect! )

Edited on by NaviAndMii

🎮 Adult Switch Gamers: Thread | Discord | Guilded

Switch Friend Code: SW-0427-7196-3801 | Twitter:

Maxz

@-Green- That's actually quite a sensible strategy. As a rule of thumb, if two weapons are in range of each other, the one with the shorter range will come out on top due to some combination of increased fire rate and/or power. However, if a skilled long ranged opponent has their eyes on you, they can generally keep you at a distance where you can't even touch them to begin with.

In this instance, it can help to disorient them so that you can close the distance. A common technique for doing this is to use your sub weapon (or possibly special) to chase them out from their dominant position; while they're ducking and diving you might be able to sneak in under what would have been a dangerous stream of ink.

Another thing to take advantage of is that they can't react nearly as quickly when a close range threat suddenly materialises. They might mean that a teammate can come to your rescue by flanking them while they're concerned with you, or the opposite; you keeping an eye out for distracted long rangers, and trying to pick them off before they can react. A similar tactic (which doesn't depend on a teammate) is just to ambush them; hiding somewhere until they step into your clutches.

But like most aspects of Splatoon, it's about taking opportunities when they arrise, retreating to safety when the odds are stacked against you, and trying to maintain enough situational awareness to maximise knowledge of both.

A ranged weapon with have the advantage at its given range. A shorter weapon will have the advantage at its given range. And is the wielder of either, your task is to utilise mobility and tactics to keep the opponent at whichever of those two ranges is most favourable.

And... also like most aspects of Splatoon, there are plenty of circumstances where all of the above can be discarded. But I think they're good general rules to keep you from entering into too many skirmishes where the odds are against you.

Once I started thinking in terms of picking my battles instead of just winning then, my win actual rate went way up. By which I mean, instead of rushing into every fight believing I could win if I 'played well enough', I was a little more picky in choosing which fights I engaged in, and which I left for a more fortuitous moment in the match.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

KirbyTheVampire

Gonna have to miss this Splatfest due to a camping trip, unfortunately. Hope team invisibility pulls through!

KirbyTheVampire

Luna_110

When is the next Splatfest? Job searching and interviews have me a bit out of the loop.

I have a chronic lack of time, for everything.

Now playing: Okami HD, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe.

Switch Friend Code: SW-8536-9884-6679 | 3DS Friend Code: 0877-2091-1186 | Nintendo Network ID: Luna_cs

GoldenGamer88

I'm nearly done with my first set of gear and I'm rather proud of it. I have a question, though: Do you think having exactly one Special Power Up sub ability (as I have it right now) is even worth it as opposed to having a e.g. third Ink Recovery Up sub ability? The set is largely based around mobility and having ink as often as possible so having that lonely Special Power Up doesn't make too much sense to me. Especially because I plan on creating a second set focused on Specials.

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

Zyrac

@GoldenGamer88 It may depend a bit on what special you're using, but generally I think having just one sub of anything provides such a miniscule effect that it's probably not worth it.

Zyrac

Twitter:

JasmineDragon

@Spoony_Tech Good luck finding a quiet place to sit on a modern airliner while invisible. There is barely an inch to stand in and people are moving up and down the entire interior for the whole flight. Detection is almost guaranteed, and when you're detected there's no way to escape. An airplane is the last place I'd ever go if I was invisible.

Switch FC: SW-5152-0041-1364
Remind yourself that overconfidence is a slow and insidious killer.

Spoony_Tech

Wow, you guys have no imagination at all. Who said I would sit with the other passengers. You're invisible remember, you can go anywhere you want. You follow the crew into the plane, ride with the luggage, and I'm sure there is plenty of hidden places to hide

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

Nicolai

@NaviAndMii Oh darn I forgot about the Dualies! These days I only ever use the Dualie Squelchers. Anyway, I'm glad you found your calling.
@Spoony_Tech "ride with the luggage"
You could get yourself killed doing that. Thousands of suitcases heavier than children, rolling around in mounds...

And planes are designed for maximum passengers in the given space. There's barely room for the stewardess to move around, let alone for someone to hide and not ever be touched. Maybe... somewhere in the cockpit. But I bet someone would bump into you eventually.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Grumblevolcano

@meleebrawler I always found flyfish worse as splat bombs use too much ink in salmon run.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

OorWullie

I'm on an awful run of form at the moment. I've only won 2 out of my last 15 ranked matches across all modes. I feel like I'm playing well too.

On another note, they need to make some changes to the Manta Maria map for Rainmaker. It's far too quick and easy to get the goal. If you go the route to the right and jump over the gap, it's a straight line to the goal.

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

JasmineDragon

@Spoony_Tech Actually there are almost no empty spaces on an airliner. The only real empty areas are the wheel wells, which are not pressurized or temperature controlled. The baggage hold is generally not temperature controlled, so you will be freezing for the entire flight. Pets have died flying with the baggage. And that compartment is usually packed to the last cubic inch, so have fun trying to hide from the guys loading the hold.

Seriously, it's not as easy as you think. Which is why TEAM FLIGHT RULES!!!!

Yeah, I'm a nerd.

GoldenGamer88

Zyrac wrote:

@GoldenGamer88 It may depend a bit on what special you're using, but generally I think having just one sub of anything provides such a miniscule effect that it's probably not worth it.

Thought so. Well then, back to farming Ink Recovery Up chunks I go!

Join the NL Inklings Discord Server: https://discord.gg/5gf7xg3

Nintendo Switch Friend Code: SW-8427-0621-0325, Username: Montillo
PSN: Montillo88

Nintendo Network ID: Montillo

JasmineDragon

KirbyTheVampire wrote:

Gonna have to miss this Splatfest due to a camping trip, unfortunately. Hope team invisibility pulls through!

I'm in the same boat, camping in Canada for the long weekend. Good luck, Team Flight!

Nicolai

My Splatfest post!
Untitled

Got married.

JoyBoy

That's some nice art! Good to see ppl can still make some nice stuff without the gamepad.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Nicolai

@Spanjard Being able to control the cursor pixel-by-pixel makes it ten times easier than the Wii U Gamepad. On Miiverse, I would have to have an incredibly stable hand, with the undo button at the finger, and my face inches from the screen. The one time I tried drawing NES sprites pixel-perfect was a nightmare, and it didn't even turn out that good. Now you can really lock down the pixels with simple button presses.

In fact, there's no reason that feature couldn't have been in Miiverse. I guess it made pixel artists that much more impressive.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.

JoyBoy

@Nicolai I see. I didn't realize that. Never tested it. For me it wouldn't work, I'm more of a freestyle 'all over the place' kinda guy when it comes to drawing. Accuracy goes against my creative freedom.

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic