Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 1,001 to 1,020 of 5,014

shani

Ok now I'm really confused. I just ranked up from C to B- (with one crack in the bar) in Rainmaker.
How is that possible?

And now that I've unlocked it, I can sadly confirm that league batttles are just squad battles. Disappointing... Why rename it if it's not even a league? I don't get it

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

OorWullie

@shani Interesting, I went from C- to C+. I assumed there wasn't a C rank. Can league battles be played with randoms though or only with 1 or more friends?

๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง Mr Mustard ๐Ÿ‡น๐Ÿ‡ญ
SW-6101-8403-1640

๐Ÿ•น๏ธ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards ๐Ÿ•น๏ธ

shani

@OorWullie Yeah I went the same way in TC and SZ, but not in RM.
Reached B- in SZ as well now, but this time coming from C+. Still confusing...

You can play League battles with one friend (+ another pair) or with three friends.

Did anyone else notice how it says "8-squid [ranked mode] power" in the bottom left corner?
I wonder if there are other modes coming with more or less than 4 players per team.

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

-Green-

The later levels of Salmon Run really feels like you need voice chat. The game requires a good amount of communication. More than just This Way and Booyah.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

OorWullie

Just had my first Salmon Run in the dark and another in fog,I didn't know it changed. The fog was absolutely mental,we didn't even last the first wave. Those Grillers are seriously intimidating.

SW-6101-8403-1640

shani

I think I just found a bug...
I bought he Snow Delta Straps (Inksaver Main) from Splatnet, but when I go to Shella Fresh ingame, the Sniw Delta Straps have swim speed up and it says I already have those (but I don't). They're also cheaper than the ones I got.

Also, sometimes you can watch other Inkling's gear at the square.

@Oorwullie: Now I got that strange 'preeetty suspicious' message too. I was just checking my friendslist and the news.
Well if we aren't supposed to hit HOME while waiting for the lobby to be filled, why don't they deactivate it like on the Wii U?

Edited on by shani

OorWullie

Tower Control on Musselforge is brilliant, I've just had some amazingly intense matches there with last second wins and defeats. Not sure about the Starfish stage for TC though, it seems a bit straight forward. I love when you use your Inkjet on the tower it throws you back onto it when it's finished. That can be a match winning move if used at the right time.

There's so much to do in this game. I put it on and played a few matches of RM then fancied some Salmon Run. By the time I was ready to have a break TC come up which I hadn't tried yet so I've been playing that for nearly an hour.Now instead of a break I want to play some single player as I've barely touched that. Even Turf Wars is tempting as I'm on a roll with my Fresh Bonus.

Edited on by OorWullie

SW-6101-8403-1640

Maxz

The plot thickens with regards to how the game treats regions.

There seems pretty unanimous agreement here that no one has into a Turf or Ranked Battle and been matched with or against a Japanese player. This is my experience too. However, on playing Salmon Run today, I was put on the same team as a Japanese player. I thought maybe a European based player had chosen to name themselves in Katakana (whenever the keyboard pops up, it's a supported option, even if the rest of the game is in a different character set). But not long after I was matched with another Japanese player?

Has anyone else had this experience? My three theories are either that the region separation thing doesn't apply to Salmon Run, that they were European players who had entered their names in Japanese, or they were Japanese players who had changed some setting in their console so as to be recognised as European. I'd like to compare experiences though. It took me aback, as I'd just about come to accept that I wouldn't be looking at any more Japanese names for the duration of Splatoon 2.

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

OorWullie

@Maxz I've been matched with loads of Japanese players but also western names. I'm in Thailand but I'm playing on my UK account. I think I've been matched with them across all modes. Definitely in TW and SR anyway.

SW-6101-8403-1640

NightMoon

@Maxz I've been matched with Japanese players, however only two times. At least I think so, it may have been people using japanese letters.

NightMoon

Switch Friend Code: SW-1763-0139-7023 | Nintendo Network ID: NightMoonArt

Spoony_Tech

Don't forget Japanese players could just be joining their friends games and that's why they're there.

John 8:7 He that is without sin among you, let him first cast a stone.

MERG said:

If I was only ever able to have Monster Hunter and EO games in the future, I would be a happy man.

I'm memory of @Mr_Trill_281 (rip) 3-25-18

Switch Friend Code: SW-7353-2587-4117 | 3DS Friend Code: 3050-7580-4390 | Nintendo Network ID: SpoonyTech | Twitter:

OorWullie

I've just played a lot of ranked there and the majority of players were Japanese. Unless I'm getting matched with them because I'm closer to Japan than I am to Europe but I can't see that if my region is set to UK.

SW-6101-8403-1640

19Robb92

The SplatNet 2 app is pretty nifty. I'm just level 6, but I've been able to get some really good gear (much better than what's available in-game) by ordering from the app.

Being able to track the upcoming stages and see statistics is also pretty nice, overall quite a big improvement over SplatNet 1 IMO.

Edited on by 19Robb92

Looking forward to: No More Heroes: Travis Strikes Again

3DS Friend Code: 3007-8070-6318 | Nintendo Network ID: 19Robb92

chriiiiiiiiiis

I got Splatoon 2 at launch and am really loving it. I can't stop thinking about it and playing. I was so worried that without the gamepad my experience wouldn't be as good but I was definitely wrong. The joycon grip works amazingly well and I have had zero problems with the controls. I even got used to the new jump button which wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. Can't wait to keep playing!

chriiiiiiiiiis

LzWinky

-Green- wrote:

The later levels of Salmon Run really feels like you need voice chat. The game requires a good amount of communication. More than just This Way and Booyah.

I doubt it would make any difference. This way indicates a boss or boss eggs. That's pretty much all you need.

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Maxz

@OorWullie I think your geographical location might be having an effect, as you're the only person reporting to be matched with a significant number of Japanese players. Still haven't got my ahead around how the whole thing works though. It does mean the quality of drawings in Inkopolis Square has deteriorated for us outside of the Japan catchment area, which is a little sad.

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

shani

@Maxz @OorWullie Maybe it just matches you with players closest to you based on your IP? That would be the simplest explanation.
Maybe that matching method is feasible now because the install base might turn out to be bigger than the Wii U's...
That said, I never had any problems with Japanese players (didn't even realize they were missing), so it would be sad not to get matched up with them anymore...

shani wrote:

I think I just found a bug...
I bought he Snow Delta Straps (Inksaver Main) from Splatnet, but when I go to Shella Fresh ingame, the Snow Delta Straps have swim speed up and it says I already have those.

btw it's not a bug but a feature! You can buy different versions of the same piece of gear on Splatnet 2:

Edited on by shani

-Green-

TheLZdragon wrote:

I doubt it would make any difference. This way indicates a boss or boss eggs. That's pretty much all you need.

Not from what i can gather. At overachiever it becomes crucial to plan out the team. Saving specials, spreading out, targeting specific enemies, etc. Flyfish and Snipers are monstrous during the higher difficulties.

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

16bitdave

I just facetime my brother when playing with him. @-Green-

https://hiddenlevel.bigcartel.com

Switch Friend Code: sw-4349-8419-7001 | 3DS Friend Code: 1650-3873-3348 | My Nintendo: 16bitdave | Nintendo Network ID: 16bitdave

LzWinky

-Green- wrote:

TheLZdragon wrote:

Not from what i can gather. At overachiever it becomes crucial to plan out the team. Saving specials, spreading out, targeting specific enemies, etc. Flyfish and Snipers are monstrous during the higher difficulties.

Problem is that chat only really works with friends since Splatoon is very international. At Overachiever, I can assure you that you will be playing with lots of Japanese players

Current games: Everything on Switch

Switch Friend Code: SW-5075-7879-0008 | My Nintendo: LzWinky | Nintendo Network ID: LzWinky

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic