Forums

Topic: Splatoon 2

Posts 981 to 1,000 of 5,014

Nicolai

@Blue_Blur Thanks for sticking with me and making my games more interesting!

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

-Green-

Salmon Run is honestly pretty insane. Easily the most fun I've had playing online. It looks like an absolute blast to play with friends through voice chat. Does Salmon Run only have 1 map, btw?

Edited on by -Green-

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Nicolai

Two things I've learned: When you get splatted, your "c'mon" is changed to "ouch." Nice touch. More personal, yet still lets your teammates know where you are. And I also learned you can used gyro controls to select who you squidjump to. Way easier!

@Blue_Blur, the rollers are getting smarter. They're jumping and flinging more than just trying to run me over

Is there an official brand>perks chart for Splatoon 2? I had them all memorized for Splatoon, but I bet they're all different now that we have new brands.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Blue_Blur

@Nicolai - That's good to hear; I always feel terrible splatting them when all they do is try to run you over. ...It's also so embarrassing when they actually splat you with that strategy! XD

Now you can splat them without feeling bad!

Splatoon Rank: S+
Splatoon 2 Ranks: SZ: S+ / TC: S+ / RM: S+ / CB: S+

Haruki_NLI

@Nicolai I know some veterans are who are losing constabtly. Talking 1 in 15 matches is a win.

Something to do with their mains being absent

Now Playing: Ratchet and Clank: Rift Apart, Crash Bandicoot 4

Now Streaming: Sonic Lost World, Just Cause 3

NLI Discord: https://bit.ly/2IoFIvj

Twitch: https://bit.ly/2wcA7E4

Nicolai

@BLP_Software Guess I'm glad I tried to get used to as many weapons as I could for Splatoon. And there's nothing quite like the old standard-splattershot/standard-bomb combo for me.

@Blue_Blur Running over isn't always a bad strategy, if you're coming around a corner undetected and have run speed all the way up. But yeah, I remember the strategy working constantly back when the game first came out.

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.

Blue_Blur

@Nicolai That's a good point! Didn't think of that.

Nicolai

@Blue_Blur Yeah, it all depends on the situation. Maybe he's at the end of his ink trail and is stuck. But the opportunities get scarcer and scarcer the higher your rank is. Almost every time, the situation is "if he can see you, he can swim away much faster than you can run."

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.

OorWullie

@-Green- There has been 2 maps for Salmon Run so far. One is called Marooners Bay and the other I forget the name of. There's only 1 map available for each session though.

Edited on by OorWullie

đŸ‡Ŧ🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹ī¸ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹ī¸

Blue_Blur

@Nicolai That makes sense. The more I think about it, I don't see that strategy too often in higher-level or rank matches. It doesn't help that swim speed up is a very popular ability, too.

meleebrawler

@Nicolai Nah, the real problem in trying to squish players aware of you is simply giving them more time to aim their most likely longer-ranged weapons at you. Squishing is mostly something that happens by "accident", like a swimmer that blunders into your roller without you noticing. In Salmon Run, though, it's one of the best moves for mowing down large swaths of Chum!

Also, doesn't Run Speed Up only affect movement when not firing your weapon?

And I wouldn't worry about players getting frustrated with multiplayer. There's other modes to blow off steam with.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

KirbyTheVampire

I gotta say, I'm liking the Krak-On Splat Roller (Pretty sure that's what it's called?) quite a bit. That special is seriously powerful, especially when the enemy doesn't have ink to escape through. I'm gonna need some more practice with the roller itself, but I'm slowly getting better at it. I'm finally breaking the urge to just roll straight at people, rather than jumping and shooting ink at them from a distance, lol.

KirbyTheVampire

OorWullie

Has anyone reached B- and played a League Battle yet? If so when does it become available? Do you need to reach B- in all three modes first or just your overall? I'm close to B- in SZ but struggling to string 2 wins together in RM and remain C-. I haven't played TC yet.

Edited on by OorWullie

đŸ‡Ŧ🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹ī¸ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹ī¸

Haruki_NLI

@OorWullie Just one mode needs to be B-. I went right from C- to B- in one go.

Grumblevolcano

Another question would be whether dropping down to C+ after reaching B- would lock league battles.

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

shani

Has anyone figured out how the new rank system works?
In TC and SZ I went straight from C- to C+, but in RM from C- to C. Is that what the cracks in your rank bar are supposed to indicate?

Also RM seems to be very challenging for new players, without anything (a tower with a path or a Splatzone) to guide them, many don't seem to know where they have to go. ^^

Also RM is a lot more chaotic and less tactical than before but I assume that's because of the lower ranks.

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

Grumblevolcano

@shani As far as I can tell the rank system is this:

• Winning matches fills up the bar
  • Losing matches makes cracks appear on the bar
  • Lose too many matches and the bar breaks
  • If you've reached an OK zone (present on ranks above C-) the bar breaking means your rank returns to the OK zone, if not you lose a rank

Grumblevolcano

Switch Friend Code: SW-2595-6790-2897 | 3DS Friend Code: 3926-6300-7087 | Nintendo Network ID: GrumbleVolcano

shani

@Grumblevolcano ah okay, good to know, thanks. So far the bar didn't break, so I wasn't sure what would happen.

I guess if yoz make it through without any losses (hence no cracks), you immediately rank up from - to +. Otherwise you rank up the normal way.

Edited on by shani

My GOTY? Legend Of Zelda: Splat of the child. Ah no, I meant LoZ: Breath of the SPLATOOOON!

NLInklings Discord server | My Youtube channel

Switch Friend Code: SW-3298-8343-1900 | Nintendo Network ID: shani_ace | Twitter:

Haruki_NLI

I lost one but it said we wont deduct points as there arent many players.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic