Forums

Topic: Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle

Posts 181 to 200 of 525

Splatomon

DLC FOR SONIC RABBID

Splatomon Man!

zitpig

I have to say that I'm looking forward to this far more than Splatoon. This looks like it'll scratch my Actions TBS gaming itch perfectly.

zitpig

Canadian_Ronin

So torn.......

From what I've seen the game play looks fun, I like the world and design etc... but I HATE the Rabbids inclusion. Much rather seen a pure Mario Universe Game, or if they want to go bigger Nintendo Universe (Link, Zelda, Metroid, Lil'Mac, Kirby, Fox, DK etc.... - even some "friends of the family" like Mega Man or a Belmont).

I really want and love part of this game, and REALLY hate other parts. Hopefully you can ignore the Rabbid's charaters and just have a party of Mario, Luigi, Peach and Yoshi.

Edit - This would be a fantastic Amiibo support game. Instead of the Rabbids (got I hate them) have the core Mario, Luigi, Peach, Yoshi team - and then any (or most - maybe not EVERY version of Link, or the villains etc...) Amiibo that gets scanned gives you that new character you can use on your team.

Edited on by Canadian_Ronin

Canadian_Ronin

Som64

Mario and co. looking shiny.
Awesome cut-scenes.
A ton of Mario references.
Grant Kirkhope composes the music!
A collectors edition with the soundtrack.

I-I'm really hyped for this game now. I don't want to admit it but I am.

I'm a huge Mario fan (with a lot of Super Mario Odyssey hype)
I currently have 100+ Mario games (I never thought that I had so many...)

My YouTube channel with no content

Switch Friend code SW-2149-8784-...

Nintendo Network ID: Som_64

JoyBoy

I love this game already lol. It looks like it's made by Nintendo themselves, so kudos to Ubi. Day 1 for me I think

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

Ryu_Niiyama

I was expecting to really dislike this but I wave pleasantly surprised.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

3DS Friend Code: 3737-9849-8413 | Nintendo Network ID: RyuNiiyama

Maxz

This game shamelessly poops all over a beloved and revered video game franchise, without the merest hint of an apology. But it's glittery magical irreverent super-poop, and the results looks fantastic (and extremely polished).

In other words... it seems you can polish a turd (to a fine burnish), on the basis that everyone has a soft spot for toilet humour, and if you're going to make a game that appeals to our inner 5 year old, there's no reason why that game can't still be really good.

Looking forward to seeing more of this. It looks ace so far.

Edited on by Maxz

My Mario Maker Bookmark Page
Spla2oon Ranks: SZ: X | TC: X | RM: X | CB: X
HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Switch Friend Code: SW-5609-8195-9688 | Nintendo Network ID: Maxzly | Twitter:

JaxonH

Two things caught my attention.

1 The game looks gorgeous... absolutely stunning graphically
2 The strategy gameplay looks incredibly fun and addicting

And well, I lied. There's 3 things.

3 The Rabbids characters seem surprisingly appealing... particularly the enemy Rabbid characters. Not only am I not turned off from them... I kinda like em

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Octane

Get the Rabbids out and I'm in. Looks fine otherwise. I just don't like those rabbid/minion things.

Octane

Maxz

@JaxonH I have to admit, I want to hate the Rabbids much more than I seem capable of. I also like how they've kept the actual Mario characters pretty straight laced in comparison. If they'd goofified Mario and chums themselves, I'd have been irritated, as it would have come across like a dodgy fanfic. As it stands though, the crossover feels remarkably seamless. From the screenshots alone, the whole concept seemed horribly forced and jarring.

Some may still feel that way, but I imagine almost everyone is looking upon the game at least a little more favourably than before it was properly revealed.

Edited on by Maxz

HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

JaxonH

@Maxz
I never really even knew much about Rabbids. People just said they didn't like them and they didn't seem to visually appealing so I decided I didn't like them.

But now that I've actually seen them in the game for myself I'm kind of scratching my head... because nothing about it is really turning me off

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Qwertyninty

Trying to like this game and just can't do it. Something is off to me.

Qwertyninty

Maxz

@JaxonH Yeah, I must admit I haven't had much first-hand experience with them, so I'm in a similar boat. But I can imagine they'd get really grating if overdone.

I get a bit annoyed when things try so hard to not 'take themselves seriously' that it ends up feeling really forced and deliberate. Instead of silliness bringing a sort of novel charm to things, if overdone it can become just as predictable as po-faced entertainment, just louder and more irritating. You basically end up back where you started.

My vague recollection of the Rabbids in the Wii era was that they were close to that feeling of 'forced irreverence'. There seemed to be loads of them, and all of them rather generic, with nothing to go on but their 'wackiness'.

They don't seem to be quite as rampant in this game, and the ones that are here seem better differentiated (even the enemies aren't just generic Rabbids). They've clearly put some time into making the different Rabbids fairly unique, and the surrounding Mario universe and characters stop them from feeling too overwhelming or grating. At least, that's how it seems so far. Maybe they'll be some truly awkward moments ahead, but I'm impressed with what I've seen.

Edited on by Maxz

HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

Nicolai

Dev wrote:

Box art:
Untitled

That Donkey Kong Rabbid...

Something about the box art bugs me... Why is there all that empty space at the top. Is that temporary?

Darn, I wish I had time to dedicate this week to E3 stuff. There's no time to watch any of the conferences or trailers where I'm at right now.

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Sneaky_Beagle

This doesn't look bad by any means, but I'm not as enamoured with the gameplay as most, and the only joke in the trailer that landed for me was Peach's bashful reaction to blasting the Rabbids away.

I'll be interested to see how this sells. Odyssey will definitely overshadow it during the holidays, but it could sell awfully well in the interim given the lack of competition on the Switch front.

Sneaky_Beagle

Maxz

@Dev I suppose unlike most Mario games, it's not made in Japan so the localisation process is inverted. Still... 2018 is very far away.

HAVE BEEN ENJOY A BOOM

veeflames

Maxz wrote:

@Dev I suppose unlike most Mario games, it's not made in Japan so the localisation process is inverted. Still... 2018 is very far away.

Hey, at least the Switch is not region locked, so the Japanese might import the game. Especially if there is an option for Japanese text.
The Japanese will finally know what it's like to go through the importing process.

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

veeflames

@Masurao Weird. There's nothing about the game yet on the US eShop. Even in the Coming Soon section.
But yep, the game does have Japanese text. So... maybe Japan WILL import the game? Of course, that's if they're not obsessing over Splatoon!
Oh, and the screenshots look so good on the Switch screen! So colorful, and so detailed!

God first.
My Switch FC: SW824410196326

3DS Friend Code: 1134-8006-9637 | Nintendo Network ID: VolcanoFlames

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic