Forums

Topic: Mario + Rabbids: Kingdom Battle

Posts 161 to 180 of 525

MarcelRguez

@IceClimbers Well, there you go. I don't think this model is sustainable for them, people don't play 30 games as a service. If they want to go head-to-head with the likes of Overwatch, some (not all) of their games are going to get shut down pretty quickly.

Edited on by MarcelRguez

MarcelRguez

3DS Friend Code: 3308-4605-6296 | Nintendo Network ID: Marce2240 | Twitter:

Haru17

IceClimbers wrote:

GaaS

Don't give Nintendo any more creative titling ideas.

Untitled

Edited on by Haru17

Don't hate me because I'm bnahabulous.

Haru17

@Grumblevolcano Games as a service. Took me a minute too.

Som64

A man can dream...
Untitled

Edited on by Som64

I'm a huge Mario fan (with a lot of Super Mario Odyssey hype)
I currently have 100+ Mario games (I never thought that I had so many...)

My YouTube channel with no content

Switch Friend code SW-2149-8784-...

Nintendo Network ID: Som_64

Nicolai

@FGPackers Alright, I'll remove the (Rumor?) from the title.

@Som64 Made my day

Edited on by Nicolai

Got married.
Nico-loggery! - || - Time Zone: CST (-6:00) - |...

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Nicolai

@Dev Wow, already major spoilers on how to beat the first boss? Advert your eyes!

Got married.

Switch Friend Code: SW-7850-8250-1626 | My Nintendo: nicolai8bit | Nintendo Network ID: Nicolai

Som64

Dev wrote:

– The DK rabbid apparently will dab periodically if it lands an attack correctly (a possible reference to DK’s dab from Mario Kart 8)

Huh? Wha- why?
I have several questions.

Edited on by Som64

meleebrawler

Inflate enemies until they explode? I thought this was a Mario crossover, not Dig-Dug.

Alone, a force. Together, a force of nature.

3DS FC: 2535-3888-1548

3DS Friend Code: 2535-3888-1548 | Nintendo Network ID: meleebrawler

Haru17

They're adding amiibo to this garbage? Somehow even less interested.

FGPackers

Interesting the idea of a Rabbid DK boss. Curious to see it if true

FGPackers

Nintendo Network ID: FGPackers

JaxonH

Dev wrote:

Guess what? There's even more leaks!
WWG, which leaked the artwork, has shared some details, such as Rabbids Kingdom Battle originally being a Wii U game and even amiibo. Bullet points come from NintendoEverything.

– Development began roughly three years ago
– Not a case of Nintendo approaching Ubisoft
– Supposedly Ubisoft’s brainchild
– Began as a proposal that went through the standard pitching process one has to go through to get a game made at Nintendo, including a presentation to their higher ups
– Site’s sources say they have seen functional prototypes of a Wii U version of the game at various points in development
– Ubisoft Milan is handling the core creative direction
– Prevailing sense of Nintendo letting go of the reins with the project
– Nintendo reps are closely overseeing it and approval is needed for anything concerning the use of their characters
– However, even the most outlandish ideas from the developers have been met with little resistance
– Twisted sense of humor
– Has surreal, self referential gags
– Early prototype had a hulky Donkey Kong themed rabbid serving as one of the first boss encounters
– The rabbid has access to a pile of bananas that it can use to replenish its health
– Players are required to first cut off his food supply to prevent him from recovering before they can do some real damage
– The DK rabbid apparently will dab periodically if it lands an attack correctly (a possible reference to DK’s dab from Mario Kart 8)
– Once the boss is defeated, one member of the player’s party, a rabbid cosplaying as Princess Peach, takes out a smart phone and nabs a selfie with the DK Rabbid as it collapses
– All playable characters have an individual skill tree of sorts through which they can develop their own special abilities
– Each one starts with a base skill that they can later improve
– Learn new skills as well
– Ex: Mario has a passive ability which enables him to automatically fire at an enemy if they enter his field of vision during the enemy’s turn
– Some of these powers are common across multiple characters
– Unique ones like Peach’s powerful ability to inflate enemies using a foot pump until they explode
– Online suite was apparently being tested several months back, but it was inaccessible in the test build
– “Arena” mode spotted in the test UI promising some local co-op action.
– amiibo support seems to be planned
– Prototypes feature a mode dubbed ‘amiibo machine’
– Ubisoft is said to be producing prototype figurines of some of the game’s characters
– These could be for a potential Kingdom Battle amiibo line
– Was planned to be announced during Switch’s unveiling in January, but was pushed back to receive further polish
http://nintendoeverything.com/rumor-more-mario-rabbids-kingdo...
http://comicbook.com/gaming/2017/05/29/mario-rabbids-kingdom-...

Anyone still think this is fake?

I think it's been well established most people, including myself, are not fond of Rabbids.

That being said, the game sounds genuinely wacky and interesting, and more and more I'm beginning to believe this will be a good game despite the unlikeable co-stars. We shall see.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

meleebrawler

You know, the type of "edgy" humour that seems to be present in this game is not exactly without precedent in the Mario-verse... the Striker games featured such things as Peach posing provocatively for cameras (which is probably where the Peach Rabbid got inspiration from), Wario's known gassiness (usually kept to WarioWare) with extra graphic description from Wario himself, and Waluigi. Just... Waluigi.

Nicolai

@JaxonH Some people are buying their games. I know a few friends who do.

@Som64 I had to look up what a "dab" was.

Got married.

FGPackers

Just telling it: i'm watching Ubisoft pre-show and on the table, while they are talking about Rainbow Six, there is a Switch with a Rabbid puppet near it...

FGPackers

FGPackers

So Miyamoto came to present it with Bill Trinen at Ubi conference. Launch is August 29th and game looks SUPER COOL & SUPER FUN!! Can't wait!!

FGPackers

Som64

@FGPackers It does look interesting. Welp... that's one space smaller on my Nintendo Switch Bingo Card.

meleebrawler

It's another one of those crossover ideas that seems to ridiculous to work (Internet Rabbid hate notwithstanding), but after seeing it in action, you wonder how it ever took this long for it to happen.

And besides, even if you still don't like Rabbids, it seems you spend the entire game blasting them anyhow.

Therad

It is xcom skinned with Mario+rabbids, weird. It seems like a good way to lure my kids into turnbased tactical combat.

Therad

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic