Forums

Topic: Resident Evil - Switch releases

Posts 221 to 240 of 257

Eel

Yeah, I feel like that, and the initial release as a chapter release game instead of being “a full game” didn’t help it.

The sub-series went from being an amazing demonstration of ingenuity and optimization made specifically to bring a home console-level experience to an underpowered handheld, to being a chapter release home console game with an after-thought shoddy handheld port (to a more capable handheld, too!). It was like the antithesis of the first Rebelations.

You could say Capcom did it dirty.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

<My slightly less dead youtube channel>

SMM2 Maker ID: 69R-F81-NLG

My Nintendo: Abgarok | Nintendo Network ID: Abgarok

Zuljaras

Eel wrote:

Ships are cool.

The Vita version probably tarnished its reputation a bit too.

Why? Was it a bad port?

As for the episodic crap I was annoyed like with Tales of Monkey Island, The Walking Dead, The Wolf Among Us.

They thought people will be excited like with some TV series Big mistake.

Edited on by Zuljaras

Eel

@Zuljaras here’s a video comparison. The vita version removed many effects and downgraded a lot of the textures.

Even then, it’s apparently not all that well optimized.

Edit: this one compares it to the switch version specifically

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

yokokazuo

Huh, I didn’t know this released on Vita.
I played through this with my cousin in co-op and had a lot of fun; while I am working on other games I haven’t beaten yet, I want to go back to it again sometime.

yokokazuo

3DS Friend Code: 1418-6707-5664 | Nintendo Network ID: yokokazuo

Ralizah

Revelations 2 on Vita was sort of like TW3 on Switch. That it was running at all was impressive. Remember, that system's contemporary was the 240p 3DS.

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

Eel

Yeah it’s a general problem with them. Even Revelations 1 runs at inconsistent frame rates, when that one could probably be better optimized.

Both could at least be locked to 30pfs, really, but Capcom seems to dislike frame rate caps in general.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

NintendoByNature

Ughhhh you guys are making me wana play revelations again lol. One of those has online multilayer right?

NintendoByNature

Eel

Both do!

In the first game it’s just for raid mode thoguh.

Edit: wait, it seems the main campaign co-op on Rev2 is local only…? Then in that case, online is only for raid mode on both.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

NintendoByNature

@Eel ah yea I'd rather do the campaign with someone. Oh well. Maybe ill play thru again solo

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

@NintendoByNature
In the first, you unlock RAID mode versions of levels after you beat them solo. Me and my brother would play through on our own, beat a few chapters, then replay the RAID mode versions together online. This was back on 3DS.

For the second, RAID mode offers completely separate stages and are unlocked from the start. And it’s really good. Tbh, both are, it’s all really good. But I like the RAID mode in the second more, I think.

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Eel

@Zuljaras the switch one? Yeah it’s sold as a single package, no extra purchases required.

I don’t think it has a physical release on Switch though. Only the first game.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Zuljaras

@Eel Oh sorry, I meant the PS Vita one.

Unfortunately the Resident Evil releases for the Switch are handled horrendously on their physical releases.

I mean, how on earth you will put Resident Evil 0 on the cart and the masterpiece Resident Evil HD Remake as a download Very cheap move. At least I am happy with a good RE4 port on the cartridge.

Losermagnet

I finished my playthrough of REmake 1 as Chris last night. Awesome, awesome game. The Spencer Mansion is one of my favorite areas in any game hands down. My only nitpick was being locked into easy difficulty from the get-go. I had tons have healing items by the end game and I think ammo scarcity was only exacerbated by the fact that I shot everything. So, consequently the game ceased being tense by the time I had to go back to the mansion, after clearing the residence.

But I enjoyed it so much - I played it through a second time with Jill today. I did a speedrun on normal difficulty, which is something I never do in games. But I gotta get that infinite ammo rocket launcher somehow 😉. Unfortunately I clocked in at, no joke, 3 hours 10 minutes-ish (under 3 hours nets you the launcher). So I started up another speedrun right after I finished my first and I'm gonna try again.

Switch friend code: SW-2223-7827-8798
Give me a heads-up if you're going to send a request please.

NintendoByNature

@JaxonH well I suppose I'd be willing try with one of you guys if you'd like. Have both games all ready and loaded up.

NintendoByNature

JaxonH

@NintendoByNature
Shoot, say no more!

Can't play the first because I haven't yet beaten the game on Switch to unlock RAID campaign levels.

But RE Revelations 2? That's a go.

Not sure if you're added on my friend list, so here's my FC. 1947-6504-9005

All have sinned and fall short of Gods glory. Wages of sin is death. Romans

God so loved the world He sent His only Son- whoever believes on Him has eternal life. Unless you believe, you will die in your sins. Whoever believes, rivers of living water flow within them. John

Eel

I’d also enjoy some Raid mode. Never really played much so it would useful to unlock things. I’m on a vacation trip right now though, so reliable, stable wifi is a luxury…

———

@Zuljaras apparently the Vita cartridge has all the chapters as well.

Though I do recommend giving the Switch version a try, it’s not only all-around better, but also probably much cheaper.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

NintendoByNature

@JaxonH I already Have ya on my friends list. Im MarkEmark fyi. But, I won't be on for a few hours so if you end up moving onto something else, no worries, we'll get to it one day. Same with you @eel. I don't even know what raid mode is but maybe it'll be fun with a couple of us.

NintendoByNature

Eel

@NintendoByNature basically arcade-style levels where you must shot monsters and make your way to the end of the level, collecting points to buy new upgrades and weapons.

Edited on by Eel

Bloop.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic