Forums

Topic: Predict The Metacritic Scores (Launch Window)

Posts 101 to 120 of 146

OorWullie

This from Dualshockers review,which going by the name I presume is a Sony favouring site.

"Before I begin the review, I must make a note. It is a well-known bias that all new The Legend of Zelda games are considered the best to have ever existed in the series. Only years ago, The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword was deemed the most ingenious, creative, and best Zelda title to date. Today, it is often derided as one of the worst games in the series, especially when compared to classics like Link’s Awakening and The Legend of Zelda: Windwaker.

I mention The Legend of Zelda bias not to undercut the high scores likely coming from every outlet under the sun, but to let you all know I’m aware of the principle. The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild is the exception to the rule."

I think it's safe to say,going by the universal praise it's receiving that this is no Skyward Sword.What we have is a game that has joined the elite club of the very finest games ever made and will be talked about for as long as gaming is around.The top 10 highest ever rated games are made up of OoT,Soul Calibur,Tony Hawks 2,Galaxy 1 and 2 and GTA IV & V and now BOTW.You don't become part of that club without being something special.Although I do think Tony Hawks 2,as great as it is shouldn't be that high.That's based on only 19 reviews though.

69 reviews in currently with 7 pending that are all very positive.Incredibly 39 of those 69 are maximum scores,that must be a new record or extremely close to it at least.Plus with those pending scores,it will likely receive even more.

Edited on by OorWullie

🇬🇧 Mr Mustard 🇹🇭
SW-6101-8403-1640

🕹️ The Nintendolife Arcade Leaderboards 🕹️

rk3388

Outside of BOTW, I fear the other retail games will not fare as well. I was hoping Bomberman would be great but I've heard mixed things... I was also hoping that Nintendo would prove me wrong for 1,2- Switch but it turns out it very well may be even worse than expected.

rk3388

rk3388

Where's all the reviews at?
I need to know if games such as Super Bomberman R, Fast Racing RMX, New shovel Knight and Snipperclips are worth getting

rk3388

DefHalan

@BiasedSonyFan I didn't say anything about Metacritic. I was just pointing out how people are reacting to all these 10/10 for Zelda but the last Zelda got very similar reviews but is considered one of the worst in the series.

People keep saying the Xbox One doesn't have Backwards Compatibility.
I don't think they know what Backwards Compatibility means...

3DS Friend Code: 2621-2786-9784 | Nintendo Network ID: DefHalan

kkslider5552000

I feel like my opinions on gaming have been validated by this.

I've said again and again and again how much I've lamented how few games truly captured what Zelda does, or used how brilliantly it is structured and even plays to create great, new games. Darksiders 2 was the last one, and that was a new game when it was at the Wii U's launch. How little people really take advantage of the infinite possibilities of Zelda, despite it having a massive influence on 3d gaming.

So for Zelda to go into open world gaming and DESTROY the seemingly countless big budget games in the most overdone AAA genre of this generation, feels so awesome. Sometimes, quality wins out and the world is fair.

Non-binary, demiguy, making LPs, still alive

Megaman Legends 2 Let's Play!:
LeT's PlAy MEGAMAN LEGENDS 2 < Link to LP

JoyBoy

^ Amen Brother!

SW-7849-9887-2074

3DS Friend Code: 3754-7789-7523 | Nintendo Network ID: Longforgotten

TuVictus

@BiasedSonyFan well yeah. I mean personally I definitely agree with all the reviews for skyward sword. I'm just saying people shouldn't really count on these reviews for how the player base will feel about the game, since apparently most people felt skyward sword to be a big let down. I would never agree with that, but there it is. Haha

Edited on by TuVictus

TuVictus

AlexSays

kkslider5552000 wrote:

So for Zelda to go into open world gaming and DESTROY the seemingly countless big budget games in the most overdone AAA genre of this generation, feels so awesome. Sometimes, quality wins out and the world is fair.

Zelda is a big budget game.. they've been working on this one forever.

Also, this game was directly influenced (according to the devs) by one of those evil big budget games you talk about (Skyrim).

Not everything has to be good vs evil.

Edited on by AlexSays

AlexSays

_Octoling_

_Octoling_ wrote:

I'll do it by sets of three.

BoTW - 94-97
Bomberman - 70-73
1-2 Switch - 72-75
Fast RMX - 83-86
Shovel Knight - 87-90

So here's the average of each of my guesses and how far they were off:
BoTW - 95.5 (2.5 off)
Bomberman - 71.5 (8.5 off)
1-2 Switch - 73.5 (16.5 off)
Fast RMX - 84.5 (4.5 off)
Shovel Knight - 88.5 (0.5 off)

So I was pretty on-the-mark with Shovel Knight and Zelda, somewhat close with Fast RMX, off and Bomberman and waaay off on 1-2 Switch.

Majora's Mask = Best Game Of All Time
3DS FC- 2380-2910-9753

rk3388

I said:
Legend of Zelda: Breath of The Wild - 89
Super Bomberman R - 77
1,2 Switch - 65
Fast RMX - 80
Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove - 86
I am Setsuna - 73
Snipperclips - 75

LOL was hopeful for Bomberman....
I was hoping I would be wrong for 1,2-Switch as well... It was even LOWER

rk3388

AlexSays

Well Slant officially knocked the game down a point with their score of 60.

To all those who said clickbait reviews don't exist, feel free to read through their review and let me know how great their journalistic integrity is.

'Mountains are cold, they have snow omg bad game design'

AlexSays

GrailUK

Oh my. The comments section on both Slant and Jimquisition's reviews are like a car crash. Not pleasant but you can't stop looking.

I never drive faster than I can see. Besides, it's all in the reflexes.

Switch FC: SW-0287-5760-4611

Octane

Given that people were already very vocal about a 9/10 review, this doesn't surprise me...

Octane

-Green-

@Octane Which people?

"Enthusiastic Hi" (awkward stare)
Nintendo Switch Code: SW-5081-0666-1429
PS4 Thing: TBA

Octane

@-Green- EasyAllies gave it a 4.5/5. I think they had the lowest score when the embargo ended, a 9/10. Their video review got a bunch of dislikes for it. Not a huge amount of backlash or anything, but a noticeable amount of dislikes compared to their other reviews and videos. So yeah, whether the review was fair or not, people getting slanted (forgive the pun) for giving it a 7 was expected.

Octane

rk3388

AlexSays wrote:

Well Slant officially knocked the game down a point with their score of 60.

To all those who said clickbait reviews don't exist, feel free to read through their review and let me know how great their journalistic integrity is.

'Mountains are cold, they have snow omg bad game design'

Was just about to post this. Frustrating how it went from 3rd/4th best game of all time on Metacritic to 8th because of that one crap review.

rk3388

Octane

Who cares?

Bad review, whatever, 97 is still great. Every game has its share of ''bad'' reviews. Ultimately, the review itself is more important than the arbitrary number that's put at the end.

Octane

Octane

@BiasedSonyFan Reviews don't exist to shape your opinion, but to give you an opinion of the game before you're buying it. Of course, your own opinion is the only thing that counts in the end. It's just difficult to form an opinion when you haven't experienced the game yourself, that's where reviews come into play.

Octane

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.